Xbox Save Data Inaccessible/Wiped

Jen

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, GamerPerfection said:

As I said earlier everyone has a right to complain, regardless of whether this is Early Access or not. Those that are telling everyone to stop complaining, stop crying, and throwing "Early Access" in everyones face are just as bad, infact worse because it's rude and inflammatory.

If you are fed up with people's complaints then just ignore the post and move on, do not bring yourself down to a level where you look like a lesser person.

Think this post needs a bump. 

At first it was so worried and ended up uninstalling the game and reinstalling, didn't work.

i don't really care much as to why it happened as long as it's being worked on to fix,I understand this is pre-release game and love it so much 

just a little disappointed that the patches aren't quick and convenient as to saying your team is working hard I suspect but I would and probably all ark I players would as wel as to get broader workers to work on special problems like these so they are always resolved ahead of time but other then that . I can't wait for the patch to come out, hope it gets fixed.

2 hours ago, MeSDatGeek said:

That's the thing though. I haven't been complaining about people complaining. I've been trying to enlighten them by telling them that you can't complain about bugs when you play an Alpha, and that people should've read and understood the warnings on the store pages.

High horse? People who complain about bugs in an alpha need to get their act together and learn how to read and learn what an apha/early access/game preview is about, instead of buying into it, only to flood the forums with whining threads, rather than doing the right thing, which is to report the bugs they encounter.

Now, you sunk to the level where you are calling me names. You tell me that i'm an idiot, for explaining to people that they have no right to complain, and shouldn't be complaining about bugs in an alpha.

Are people allowed to have their own opinions? Of course they bloody are, but there is a huge difference between moaning about bugs, and sharing ones opinions about the game in general.

No, whining is not constructive criticism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constructive_criticism

If they leave your server for bugs in an alpha build when they get warned both on the store page, as well as on the main menu, that is their loss, and they won't get lucky on any other servers either.

What you've done to support your players is great, and is to be applauded. I'd do that myself if i could connect to my own dedi server but there you go!

Stop whining about people whining 

On 5/21/2016 at 11:20 PM, Jen said:

Hey Xbox Survivors,

I have some bad news that I am sadden to have to share tonight. Upon the v735 Xbox patch update, it was made aware to us that The Center single player, non-dedicated, and player dedicated saved data on Xbox was no longer accessible. 

Until we are able to get a patch approved, single-player save data will remain inaccessible and new single-player data will not save any time you close the game. However, we think it is likely that when this is patched you will be able to gain access your single-player saves again. They are currently inaccessible as the file path to load the save data is incorrect.

However, the same is unlikely for player dedicated servers. For you this is unfortunately a one-time wipe for all player dedicated servers, as much as we wish this were not the case. We will be looking into this to see if there are any other options, and are investing resources into any and all attempts to counteract this. New saved data on player dedicated servers will save properly.

To be clear: single player and local data should be retrievable once a patch is pushed early next week (aim is Monday) but player dedicated servers will likely not be recoverable. 

This is a disappointing set back for us and to all of you as well, and it really sucks and we're very sorry that it happened. We will continue to work harder to prevent a situation like this occurring in the future. 

Much love,

Wildcard Jen & The ARK: Survival Evolved Team

wondering if this will be fixed with the next update coming around may 30th? or has it already been fixed? ty

I dont ever do this but I just have to say to all the lovely people that shared there thoughts with me over my complaint, get over yourselfs. I clearly enjoy ark as i have put the time into that i have. I could not be more thankful to the creators of this amazing game. That being said, my comment was a brief sharing of my frustration, that something as core to a game as save files could have an error and go undetected, and that even though this problem was found before the update came to xbox, it couldnt be stopped, or at least a heads up to not download the update until a solution was found or risk a wipe.

Regardless I continue to support Arc and recruit every one I know to join the fun and I truly hope you all find better things to do with your life then write up paragraphs defending a company that i am sure is fully understanding about the frustration this mistake caused.

Keep up the good work.

I can agree with the Early Access sentiment and the occasional need to wipe servers...

But introducing an update that absolutely demolished (as in, it does not work) an essential gameplay element for this type of game (where it takes literal, real life hours for many of the tasks) was careless. As impressed as I've been with the content of the updates, I have to say that this was incredibly disappointing to hear.

6 minutes ago, miller072189 said:

I dont ever do this but I just have to say to all the lovely people that shared there thoughts with me over my complaint, get over yourselfs. I clearly enjoy ark as i have put the time into that i have. I could not be more thankful to the creators of this amazing game. That being said, my comment was a brief sharing of my frustration, that something as core to a game as save files could have an error and go undetected, and that even though this problem was found before the update came to xbox, it couldnt be stopped, or at least a heads up to not download the update until a solution was found or risk a wipe.

Regardless I continue to support Arc and recruit every one I know to join the fun and I truly hope you all find better things to do with your life then write up paragraphs defending a company that i am sure is fully understanding about the frustration this mistake caused.

Keep up the good work.

Stuff happens unfortunately.

People can defend this company if they'd like and people can attack as well. 

Don't worry I'm a git and I know it :)

I don't usually point out spellings but it's Ark with a K ;)

7 minutes ago, Dabberonius said:

xD thank you lmao

No problem :)

6 minutes ago, SilencedScream said:

I can agree with the Early Access sentiment and the occasional need to wipe servers...

But introducing an update that absolutely demolished (as in, it does not work) an essential gameplay element for this type of game (where it takes literal, real life hours for many of the tasks) was careless. As impressed as I've been with the content of the updates, I have to say that this was incredibly disappointing to hear.

It was a brutal thing to happen but oh well. At least the game still runs :) That warning on the main page (before pressing A) is the truly worrying thing to happen. 

8 hours ago, Dagnome said:
6 hours ago, Dagnome said:

Pretty sure they said all single player data was currently corrupt due to them, somehow, messing up the save file patch in the latest patch intended to fix issues. 

Thanks for clarifying for me. I wasn't sure if it was the whole thing cuz I thought this was talking about thecenter map only. 

1 minute ago, EvilChaosDX said:

Hope the patch sorts out your server for you but are any others having the same issue as yourself? I've only seen you post about not being to use your server at all.

Yeah I've seen a few people on here with the issue and a dev said on Twitter this update should fix the crashing problem. I can't start up either map. 

On May 21, 2016 at 11:22 PM, simsto said:

This is extremely sad. Not because we lost all our stuff, I can live with that and even better, I can use admin cheats to get everything back. However, the main problem for every private dedicated server right now is that all of our members will be unable to play on our servers for the entire weekend, which means that they will most likely seek out other servers; witch again means that we probably lose all or almost all of the players we have struggled to recruit. We had a good thing going with about 25 active players, and I just hope that some of them will be sticking around. 

Can I join your Ark as I'm looking for a fun player dedicated server where the owner can mess around with the settings.

8 hours ago, TheHunter said:

Can I join your Ark as I'm looking for a fun player dedicated server where the owner can mess around with the settings.

Yeah you can join us! You will find more information about the server here, but please note that we dont usually use admin cheats unless there is a special event, this was a special case since the server got wiped because of the last patch. 

35 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

The Patch is still in Microsoft Cert/QA. We don't know how long it will take, but hopefully it will be today.

It'll probably be near the end of today or tomorrow. Microsoft's cert team is bloody awful, although tbf they've had to cert two updates in quick succession because the first apparently wasn't tested at all by the devs (not complaining, but it's either that or someone is stupid). They usually take a while with getting other games as well and those games don't often have to send in several updates so quick due to colossal mess ups like this. Should be out soon ish though.

• Jerryn unpinned this topic
  • Jerryn locked this topic

Archived