Xbox Save Data Inaccessible/Wiped

Jen

2 hours ago, MeSDatGeek said:

What's absurd is the amount of whining on these forums about bugs when they are playing a game in Alpha stages..

Did you not read the warning on the store page when buying the game? If not, then that is your own fault for being ignorant.

People have a right to feel frustrated and voice what's happened in their experience of the game. It's you people that tell others to "calm down" or "its an alpha" and then call them insulting names that waste forum space.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Doom said:

People have a right to feel frustrated and voice what's happened in their experience of the game. It's you people that tell others to "calm down" or "its an alpha" and then call them insulting names that waste forum space.

It's all part of the power trip. Dudes like that like feeling big by talking down on folks.

• Volunteer Moderator

As I said earlier everyone has a right to complain, regardless of whether this is Early Access or not. Those that are telling everyone to stop complaining, stop crying, and throwing "Early Access" in everyones face are just as bad, infact worse because it's rude and inflammatory.

If you are fed up with people's complaints then just ignore the post and move on, do not bring yourself down to a level where you look like a lesser person.

11 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

As I said earlier everyone has a right to complain, regardless of whether this is Early Access or not. Those that are telling everyone to stop complaining, stop crying, and throwing "Early Access" in everyones face are just as bad, infact worse because it's rude and inflammatory.

If you are fed up with people's complaints then just ignore the post and move on, do not bring yourself down to a level where you look like a lesser person.

^^^ Couldn't have said it better myself +1

4 hours ago, Doom said:

Again, you can't defend IGNORANCE.

You have absolutely no rights when it comes to this game at all, apart from playing it, and reporting bugs. You accepted those facts when you bought it.

There is a reason the developers and Microsoft warn people BEFORE they buy games that are in the process of being developed, because it is NOT A FINISHED PRODUCT, and there WILL BE BUGS, even GAMEBREAKING BUGS. The whole PURPOSE of having an Alpha test is to report bugs so the developers can squash them before the game goes live.

Complaining about bugs in a game in Alpha stages of development, now THAT, is a waste of forum space.

Insults? The only ones being insulting are the ones moaning about the bugs in the current state of the game.

If people can't handle bugs in a game in Alpha, THEY SHOULD NOT BUY GAMES IN EARLY ACCESS/GAME PREVIEW AND WAIT FOR RELEASE INSTEAD.

• Volunteer Moderator
19 minutes ago, MeSDatGeek said:

Complaining about bugs in a game in Alpha stages of development, now THAT, is a waste of forum space.

So are all the posts of people complaining about the complainers.

Let people complain, if you don't like it then ignore their post.

Don't complain about someone complaining because that makes you a hypocrite which is worse than those complaining about a game.

1 minute ago, GamerPerfection said:

So are all the posts of people complaining about the complainers.

Let people complain, if you don't like it then ignore their post.

Don't complain about someone complaining because that makes you a hypocrite which is worse than those complaining about a game.

Hypocrite means that one person preaches one thing, then does the exact opposite. You preached that everyone has the right to voice their opinions, then you tell me to not voice my opinion on those who complain. GG!

Enlightening people is not complaining. Fact is, a lot of people are just looking for an excuse to moan about bugs they shouldn't be moaning about.

Now, this IS a forum, and debates are expected, but there's a difference in debating and whining. I have simply stated that people need to stop complaining, because this is a game in development and the store pages give everyone a warning before purchase. That's not complaining that's me, trying to tell people that they can't blame anyone but themselves if they bought into a game in development and experience bugs and can't deal with it.

What you did with your post right now, is adding fuel under an already blazing fire that seem to be growing out of control, by telling people, as a moderator, that it is fine to complain and flood the forums with unnecessary moaning threads. You actually give the impression, to those ignorant enough to ignore the store page warnings that it is fine to spend your time on the forum moaning about bugs, even though the game is far from finished and the warning post on the store page told you to only buy the game if you want to support the developer and don't mind game breaking bugs and such.

I could ignore the posts or the posters, but that would also be wrong. A forum is meant for debating and opinion sharing after all. I voiced my concern about the whiners who make thread, upon thread, day in, day out whenever they encounter bugs, and whine about how much time they spent on building, taming etc.

After the update had finished, I went back onto Single Player and it just had me start a new character. I was quite upset lol If I am reading this, my local game data will be recoverable once the next quick patch is out? :P Either way, thank you for the update. Loving the centre map on Xbox. Although, I keep running off of cliffs. So many cliffs! lol

On 21.5.2016 at 8:24 AM, Jen said:

The save function works with player dedicated servers, the wipe was a one-time occurrence. It's only single-player that doesn't save.

I really should have understood this from the original post, but thank you for taking the time to explain it to me.

After I saw your post, I immediately messaged all of my players regarding the situation, and what we would to solve it. 

I think we managed to keep all players on my server, and everyone understood that bugs like this could happen anyone. We used admin cheats to spawn some basic items and XP, and I met all of my players face to face in game. Even though it took a whole day of hard work spamming commands, it was awesome since got the chance to meet everyone in game.

So it all worked out in the end. I now know my players better and I think it made the bond between my server and the players stronger. 

Thank you for communicating directly and quickly Jen! You are doing a great job as community manager.

2 hours ago, MeSDatGeek said:

Hypocrite means that one person preaches one thing, then does the exact opposite. You preached that everyone has the right to voice their opinions, then you tell me to not voice my opinion on those who complain. GG!

Enlightening people is not complaining. Fact is, a lot of people are just looking for an excuse to moan about bugs they shouldn't be moaning about.

Now, this IS a forum, and debates are expected, but there's a difference in debating and whining. I have simply stated that people need to stop complaining, because this is a game in development and the store pages give everyone a warning before purchase. That's not complaining that's me, trying to tell people that they can't blame anyone but themselves if they bought into a game in development and experience bugs and can't deal with it.

What you did with your post right now, is adding fuel under an already blazing fire that seem to be growing out of control, by telling people, as a moderator, that it is fine to complain and flood the forums with unnecessary moaning threads. You actually give the impression, to those ignorant enough to ignore the store page warnings that it is fine to spend your time on the forum moaning about bugs, even though the game is far from finished and the warning post on the store page told you to only buy the game if you want to support the developer and don't mind game breaking bugs and such.

I could ignore the posts or the posters, but that would also be wrong. A forum is meant for debating and opinion sharing after all. I voiced my concern about the whiners who make thread, upon thread, day in, day out whenever they encounter bugs, and whine about how much time they spent on building, taming etc.

Hypocrite also means telling someone not to do something then doing it yourself. Don't try to be a smartass if you can't also be smart. It's an alpha yes, so when people complain it highlights key issues that need to be fixed. If nobody complained and everyone stayed quite the game wouldn't have changed at all. Get off your high horse and stop acting like an idiot.

37 minutes ago, EvEnTuAlChIcKeN said:

The saving issue is on the island also. I spent 2 hours last night building a base that didn't save... please release the patch and fix this bullpoop. I understand its an alpha game but this hasn't happened until this random update over the weekend.

Were you in single player or non dedicated?

15 hours ago, MeSDatGeek said:

What's absurd is the amount of whining on these forums about bugs when they are playing a game in Alpha stages..

Did you not read the warning on the store page when buying the game? If not, then that is your own fault for being ignorant.

I HAVE NEVER complained about the servers wiping until these over the weekend. Why? I have a solid community base and was merely venting because of these GREAT people having to lose everything repeatedly. It is frustrating as a host. Yes I can help them get back dinos and what not (and have by the way) but the bigger picture is that someone or something broke the map over the weekend.

I have read the forums and see WC says they have it figured out and are releasing a patch today. I hope they are right this time because I have lost 3 more GREAT users because they did not want to have to start over again, which I understand.

Funny story (ok not really) I was planning on opening up the server to the public this weeekend when the latest bomb dropped. Now it has to wait. Why wait you may ask? I am waiting because me being the thoughtful host you don't know I am, was trying to give my faithfuls a head start in letting them pick their spot on the map and begin to establish ahead of others.

I gave them dinos and other stuff to help start over and made up little games last night by giving away random high tier dinos on a moments notice and they loved it. The server was the most fun it had been since I started it a month ago, so many user were laughing, making jokes almost forgetting what had happened to us ALL weekend. THAT is what a thoughtful host does, he/she makes the best of a crap situation. I am not a "whiner" there are enough of those already. It was a venting session for me and now this good, fun, understanding, thoughtful host moves forward just like the other users on my server. We pick up the pieces, hit the ground running and begin the rebuild once again :D.

Good day all!

Just now, EvEnTuAlChIcKeN said:

On single player. I knew that single player for the center was messed up but had no idea the island was also.

Pretty sure they said all single player data was currently corrupt due to them, somehow, messing up the save file patch in the latest patch intended to fix issues. 

On 5/21/2016 at 11:20 PM, Jen said:

Until we are able to get a patch approved, single-player save data will remain inaccessible and new single-player data will not save any time you close the game. However, we think it is likely that when this is patched you will be able to gain access your single-player saves again. They are currently inaccessible as the file path to load the save data is incorrect.

Coupes of things to think about and a solution.

First, WE ARE THE BETA TESTERS. This is the new model for game development. We get to play NOW, rather than not play at all while it being developed. They save money, actually make money off it to fund the project, and in the process find more bugs, so deal with it everyone. The alternative is that the game isn't financially feasible to be done in the first place unless you are an EA or Microsoft and have a cash hoard.

This particular bug was really bad, as in game deleting, realize that we are basically playing on alpha 'extinction like' server (dedicated, single player, and official) which can can wiped periodically, so play with that attitude. I suggest you bag officially servers, play on dedicated and just pump up the XP and taming and have fun with it if want to get up to speed fast after a reset.

Now, to fix the problem of your dedicated or single player (didn't test single player) game not starting or crashing, do two things: 1) run the game off an external seagate usb3 solid state drive so disk access isn't an issue, and 2) delete the 'reserved space' file which is either corrupted or incompatible with the update. That file saves the game world, characters, structures, etc for any world you run locally or as a server. Then remove and reinstall the updated game. Unlike he game file, the 512 MB 'reserve space' file cannot be currently copied off or backed up (please fix this wildcard and merge it with the game itself so we can copy it off as a single save.) (The gamertag file saves your settings and that is auto backup up to the cloud.) You can see these three files (game, account, and reserved space) under disk storage.

Other tips: If you can't log into a game, then reboot, sign out and sign back in. Set your Xbox to NOT be in instant on power mode too.

My dedicated server (islandb4time) was up after the 7 pm crash on Friday right away and by sunday we had 31 happy folks playing again, dealing with the issue, and due to boosted XP of 10x over the weekend were back to lvl 60+. There were zero complaints and now that folks knew the center map better and equally all felt it was a fair restart.

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 0:11 AM, MacGalempsy said:

I seriously hope someone gets fired for this error. Millions of hours of gaming around the world was just flushed down the toilet. How long do you think people are going to deal with this? I will be quitting this game until its officially released, or you figure a way to fix the private dedicated servers. I guess EA is the way to go, they seem to get it right the first time.

Entirely uncalled for. Before putting your heart into this or any game try reading the fine print. You all are warned below its main start about consequences.

fact.jpg

7 hours ago, Galasce said:

Hypocrite also means telling someone not to do something then doing it yourself. Don't try to be a smartass if you can't also be smart. It's an alpha yes, so when people complain it highlights key issues that need to be fixed. If nobody complained and everyone stayed quite the game wouldn't have changed at all. Get off your high horse and stop acting like an idiot.

That's the thing though. I haven't been complaining about people complaining. I've been trying to enlighten them by telling them that you can't complain about bugs when you play an Alpha, and that people should've read and understood the warnings on the store pages.

High horse? People who complain about bugs in an alpha need to get their act together and learn how to read and learn what an apha/early access/game preview is about, instead of buying into it, only to flood the forums with whining threads, rather than doing the right thing, which is to report the bugs they encounter.

Now, you sunk to the level where you are calling me names. You tell me that i'm an idiot, for explaining to people that they have no right to complain, and shouldn't be complaining about bugs in an alpha.

Are people allowed to have their own opinions? Of course they bloody are, but there is a huge difference between moaning about bugs, and sharing ones opinions about the game in general.

2 hours ago, sickyallstar11 said:

Its called constructive criticism 

No, whining is not constructive criticism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constructive_criticism

3 hours ago, N1NJAM005E said:

I HAVE NEVER complained about the servers wiping until these over the weekend. Why? I have a solid community base and was merely venting because of these GREAT people having to lose everything repeatedly. It is frustrating as a host. Yes I can help them get back dinos and what not (and have by the way) but the bigger picture is that someone or something broke the map over the weekend.

I have read the forums and see WC says they have it figured out and are releasing a patch today. I hope they are right this time because I have lost 3 more GREAT users because they did not want to have to start over again, which I understand.

Funny story (ok not really) I was planning on opening up the server to the public this weeekend when the latest bomb dropped. Now it has to wait. Why wait you may ask? I am waiting because me being the thoughtful host you don't know I am, was trying to give my faithfuls a head start in letting them pick their spot on the map and begin to establish ahead of others.

I gave them dinos and other stuff to help start over and made up little games last night by giving away random high tier dinos on a moments notice and they loved it. The server was the most fun it had been since I started it a month ago, so many user were laughing, making jokes almost forgetting what had happened to us ALL weekend. THAT is what a thoughtful host does, he/she makes the best of a crap situation. I am not a "whiner" there are enough of those already. It was a venting session for me and now this good, fun, understanding, thoughtful host moves forward just like the other users on my server. We pick up the pieces, hit the ground running and begin the rebuild once again :D.

Good day all!

If they leave your server for bugs in an alpha build when they get warned both on the store page, as well as on the main menu, that is their loss, and they won't get lucky on any other servers either.

What you've done to support your players is great, and is to be applauded. I'd do that myself if i could connect to my own dedi server but there you go!

• Jerryn unpinned this topic
  • Jerryn locked this topic

Archived