Xbox Save Data Inaccessible/Wiped

Jen

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Tom said:

I am neither a mod nor I do belong to WC. Yet I am very ambitious, running Europe's biggest ARK community, run serveral ARK groups on Facebook, run 3 ARK sites for ark servers and so on. Therefor you can blame me for my post, but keep the devs out of that.

Dude just give up. You have lost here. Your post was filled with ignorance and anyone who is Following you in europe is clearly mislead.

By saying "data lost thing" are you referring to a message that the Xbox says that your local data is lost and you need to empty he local data in your system ?? Cause of this I can't play the game because the game doesn't save anymore cause of this. And I empty the local data thing two times and reinstall the game and it doesn't work either. 

so for the hosts of a dedicated server if your game crashes on the loading screen for the server deleted dedicated server data then start it up worked for me and i forcetamed an animal shut the server down loaded it back up it saves. flyers are still not able to fly in caves tho audio didn't get fixed but hey the server works so if anyone is having the troubles i had try deleting it and it should work.

18 hours ago, Crazed said:

We're entitled to our views, as testers for the game be they negative or positive, everyone here is entitled to voice their concerns, buying the game alone is enough, be it fully finished or not.

There's no defending incompetence.

There is a HUGE difference in personal opinions, criticism and down-right moaning about stuff you knew could happen in a game currently in Alpha stages of development.

Whining about losing stuff in a game that is currently in development says a lot about everyone who keeps moaning. To me, it tells me that those people are suffering from what i call, the self-entitlement syndrome.

Instead of moaning about issues in a game currently in Alpha, people should focus more on supporting the developer by giving constructive feedback, suggestions and REPORT THE BUGS THEY FIND. That IS, after all, why people (at least should be) buy Early Access titles, be it on Steam and/or other platforms.

Moaning about issues in a game in Alpha stages never helps. Hence i suggested that people who're moaning about these issues need to stop buying games in Alpha/Early Access/Game Preview, period. They have no idea of what they are getting themselves into, and most of them simply ignore the warning on the store page(s), that specifically tells them "NOT TO BUY THE GAME UNLESS YOU WANT TO SUPPORT THE DEVELOPER AND GIVE FEEDBACK."

There is no defending IGNORANCE..

bummed that my builds were wiped on the plus side all the people whom are spitting there dummys out saying "im not playing again blah blah" will be freeing up spaces on servers ,plus i expected set backs like this ,id rather it happens now in the GAME PREVIEW than on the finished games. i appreciate all the hard work thats gone into the game and how the issues are trying to be resolved as quickly as possible

"I have some bad news that I am sadden to have to share tonight. Upon the v735 Xbox patch update, it was made aware to us that The Center single player, non-dedicated, and player dedicated saved data on Xbox was no longer accessible."

It's not just The Center map, The Island also will not save any data progress upon exiting to the main menu, though when booting up The Island, it lacks the "clear your local saved games and resync" error that The Center map gets a popup for upon every load up. 

A work around exists for The Island though, as you can successfully save your character and world progress by typing “admincheat saveworld” in the console commands bar (this fix will not work in the center map when trying to save in a non dedicated server).

The Island also lacks the sound effects cutting in and out (sound clipping I think its called), that The Center map btw still has after the update.

Also, I was able to join an official PVE server that I think was dedicated, it was a center map one, and my character saved after exiting and re-entering, so I think only non dedicated servers might be effected save wise. This server also had sound clipping so it seems that particular issue is both on dedicated and non dedicated servers.

Any map thats non dedicated that I host will not save any progress or characters made (regardless of the map choice), I am unfortunately unable to host a dedicated server as of yet, so I currently cant test saves on my end, but I do hope to change this very soon.

I also did not follow the instructions to clear my local saved data in storage, as it would have deleted local saves for other games, and instead just cleared my Ark saved data from everywhere (local and cloud) in my games section, which did not resolve the problem, nor did it stop the pop up to clear my local saved data, nor did a hard reset of my xbox fix anything.

On a side note, while on The Island (after The Center update but before the last patch), the Procoptodon we "admincheat dotame"d had HUGE explosion noises when hit by animals or by players, and the texture loading issues still seem to be a thing for foundations and walls (possibly worsened with console command use of spawning them in?).

I also noticed that while the rainbow lights on the water edge bug is still there, it can be fixed by removing any armor and shields equipped (re-equipping  them does not cause the glitch to reappear, but sometimes reloading the map does)

The Center map Also has screen tearing during lighting/thunder storm light flash effects

The last glitch I noticed, is a weird sound that happens in some areas some of the time when it rains, think of it like the rain sound, but sort of a phone ringing sound overlaying them, I was going to say echoing them, but they happen at the same time as the normal sounds of rain.

This is quite literally the only game I play (bored with everything else that is out atm), hopefully this gets fixed soon, but if you are in need of another dedicated play-tester who is available to check out issues brought up by players or try to cause or replicate them in a deductive reasoning manor, let me know.

Thanks a bunch for keeping us upto-date on progress so often, and for making something that isn't a boring grindy RPG. Looking forward to the patch.

On 21/05/2016 at 4:20 AM, Jen said:

Hey Xbox Survivors,

I have some bad news that I am sadden to have to share tonight. Upon the v735 Xbox patch update, it was made aware to us that The Center single player, non-dedicated, and player dedicated saved data on Xbox was no longer accessible. 

Until we are able to get a patch approved, single-player save data will remain inaccessible and new single-player data will not save any time you close the game. However, we think it is likely that when this is patched you will be able to gain access your single-player saves again. They are currently inaccessible as the file path to load the save data is incorrect.

However, the same is unlikely for player dedicated servers. For you this is unfortunately a one-time wipe for all player dedicated servers, as much as we wish this were not the case. We will be looking into this to see if there are any other options, and are investing resources into any and all attempts to counteract this. New saved data on player dedicated servers will save properly.

To be clear: single player and local data should be retrievable once a patch is pushed early next week (aim is Monday) but player dedicated servers will likely not be recoverable. 

This is a disappointing set back for us and to all of you as well, and it really sucks and we're very sorry that it happened. We will continue to work harder to prevent a situation like this occurring in the future. 

Much love,

Wildcard Jen & The ARK: Survival Evolved Team

Can someone set this straight for me? So, after Monday, when I try to load up my non dedicated server or my girlfriend's will it be available? I understand that is what is intended for single player saves, but I don't quite understand if that's what is happening for non dedicated servers. Also, the official servers haven't been touched right? Seems fishy to me :/

On 5/21/2016 at 4:20 AM, Jen said:

Hey Xbox Survivors,

I have some bad news that I am sadden to have to share tonight. Upon the v735 Xbox patch update, it was made aware to us that The Center single player, non-dedicated, and player dedicated saved data on Xbox was no longer accessible. 

Until we are able to get a patch approved, single-player save data will remain inaccessible and new single-player data will not save any time you close the game. However, we think it is likely that when this is patched you will be able to gain access your single-player saves again. They are currently inaccessible as the file path to load the save data is incorrect.

However, the same is unlikely for player dedicated servers. For you this is unfortunately a one-time wipe for all player dedicated servers, as much as we wish this were not the case. We will be looking into this to see if there are any other options, and are investing resources into any and all attempts to counteract this. New saved data on player dedicated servers will save properly.

To be clear: single player and local data should be retrievable once a patch is pushed early next week (aim is Monday) but player dedicated servers will likely not be recoverable. 

This is a disappointing set back for us and to all of you as well, and it really sucks and we're very sorry that it happened. We will continue to work harder to prevent a situation like this occurring in the future. 

Much love,

Wildcard Jen & The ARK: Survival Evolved Team

please let our dedi server save on the cloud to stop all this from ever happening again

recently ark Xbox was updated adding the center and other cool stuff .this update was update 734.update 735 then came out but there was a problem. this update has ruined some things and a big bug has appeared. we can not save are center maps and we have lost are saves. this has caused major panic and stress. you may even call it a ark meltdown. comment on what you think is going on the the ark devs right know :ph34r:.......

I just restarted my private ded server and it is all gone again.. second time in as many days.....

The entire center map is reset again!!

something big is wrong !!!

My user base is not impressed but they are no where near as pissed as I am. How can I host a server, bring people together when poop like this keeps happening! 

Something NEEDS to get fixed right now this is absurd already

4 hours ago, N1NJAM005E said:

I just restarted my private ded server and it is all gone again.. second time in as many days.....

The entire center map is reset again!!

something big is wrong !!!

My user base is not impressed but they are no where near as pissed as I am. How can I host a server, bring people together when poop like this keeps happening! 

Something NEEDS to get fixed right now this is absurd already

What's absurd is the amount of whining on these forums about bugs when they are playing a game in Alpha stages..

Did you not read the warning on the store page when buying the game? If not, then that is your own fault for being ignorant.

Am I right in assuming that a lot of these comments were merged to this thread?

If not people really need to read the first post and stop deleting their saves from the xbox. 

If they were merged it would help to have maybe a red bit of text saying merged that way im not tempted to quote them and call them silly. 

1 hour ago, EvilChaosDX said:

Am I right in assuming that a lot of these comments were merged to this thread?

If not people really need to read the first post and stop deleting their saves from the xbox. 

If they were merged it would help to have maybe a red bit of text saying merged that way im not tempted to quote them and call them silly. 

The way they go about merging makes things confusing. I think it would be better if they just locked new threads and included a link to the  correct thread before locking. 

On 5/21/2016 at 0:22 AM, simsto said:

This is extremely sad. Not because we lost all our stuff, I can live with that and even better, I can use admin cheats to get everything back. However, the main problem for every private dedicated server right now is that all of our members will be unable to play on our servers for the entire weekend, which means that they will most likely seek out other servers; witch again means that we probably lose all or almost all of the players we have struggled to recruit. We had a good thing going with about 25 active players, and I just hope that some of them will be sticking around. 

Hit the nail on the head my friend. My 20-30 players are already scattering to other servers. Took months to build a stable community.

• Jerryn unpinned this topic
  • Jerryn locked this topic

Archived