Xbox Save Data Inaccessible/Wiped

Jen

1 hour ago, Rickyh24 said:

The problem I have is that it is increasingly obvious wildcard does not even test these Xbox updates themselves. Nothing is fixed. Sound still busted, I'm still getting kicked off bird. I actually can't come across one thing this update has done except wipe our server. 

The sounds are fixed for me, haven't tried flying. 

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great news ark my games corrupted now ive lost everything because the messages on screen kept telling me to keep clearing saved games i gone back to my profiles everything has wiped ..... :(( 6 months work down the drain all because of a raptoring update error....  thanks ark ... i am officially terminating the game off my xbox and will not return now great way to loose customers and players by screwing them over 

13 hours ago, CyberAngel67 said:

Yeah the exact same thing happened to the PC version 4 days ago, your support was even made aware of this and why they didn't pass it on to you is not clear.

However, here is what I can tell you from the PC version. There are certain files that are not take across to the new folder and I manually copied these files to the new folder and was able to have all my structures and dino's and tribe back. The downside was that resources like rocks and tree's where all over the base.

So sad you couldn't migrate correctly first time, many people on the PC played the map The Centre for months before it was added as an Official map and you should have taken that into consideration and migrated those files.

Anyway, now that it is 4 days later and you seem to be finally aware of something that we have mention both in your forums and to your support. Makes it a shame that your support couldn't warn you of the problem before this update launched.

hmmmmm:Torpor:

13 hours ago, MacGalempsy said:

I seriously hope someone gets fired for this error. Millions of hours of gaming around the world was just flushed down the toilet. How long do you think people are going to deal with this? I will be quitting this game until its officially released, or you figure a way to fix the private dedicated servers. I guess EA is the way to go, they seem to get it right the first time.

All that suck, but something I noticed that might be unrelated is that when I made it back to where I had my base (on a dedicated server) I was no longer able to build in the same place. Now maybe there is a better place to put this, and please let me know, but It was very irritating that I couldn't set my base up the same way that I had it. Plus I couldn't put the door on my foundation. I can only get three walls up and it wouldn't let me place the door frame. 

3 hours ago, jagilki said:

in my particular case.  let me re-phrase it to better state my feelings.  I've currently lost my enjoyment.  Yes, it's now "work".  I still love this game.  I'll play it like I have before once the current issues are resolved, but it's getting tiring to hand wave every single issue with this game as "It's alpha deal with it."  

People need to be able to voice disappointment with the game when things break the game.  

I totally agree that people should be able to voice disappointment, however there is a huge difference between voicing disappointment and the anger and hate that is being voiced.  Some people dont seem to be able to emotionally handle the risks that come with playing an unfinished game, even when it is very very clear what they are getting in to before they lay out the money.  I just don't understand how someone can clearly clearly see what they are getting in to, then get so angry when that thing happens.  That thing that is so obviously warned about.  Everyone was warned before they paid, so accept the warning at face value or don't buy it.  That is my point.

11 minutes ago, joni65 said:

I totally agree that people should be able to voice disappointment, however there is a huge difference between voicing disappointment and the anger and hate that is being voiced.  Some people dont seem to be able to emotionally handle the risks that come with playing an unfinished game, even when it is very very clear what they are getting in to before they lay out the money.  I just don't understand how someone can clearly clearly see what they are getting in to, then get so angry when that thing happens.  That thing that is so obviously warned about.  Everyone was warned before they paid, so accept the warning at face value or don't buy it.  That is my point.

I believe the main excuse of "Preview" game is crap. True everyone is warned and heck everyone sees the message when the screen loads. Question now is why even try to play the game which they want you to for $30, when memory leaks happen. I mean updates not on time, sure who cares, but wasting ppls time. That's inexcusable to me. I stay up late or spend time when I could spend time working more or time with family. We all have choices so when we choose to play I don't expect all that to be for nothing. I buy I play that's how gaming works. But something this serious as memory gone makes masses of ppl feel why even try. My advice going forward is Quality. I don't care how long it takes. Give me Quality

1 hour ago, Nomadic said:

Great news ark my games corrupted now ive lost everything because the messages on screen kept telling me to keep clearing saved games i gone back to my profiles everything has wiped ..... :(( 6 months work down the drain all because of a raptoring update error....  thanks ark ... i am officially terminating the game off my xbox and will not return now great way to loose customers and players by screwing them over 

It suck, but it sounded like once they patch it you should be able to recover your single player game, but if it was online then yeah you are SOL. 

First off let me start off by saying that I have ran one of the biggest dedicated servers for ark since the game released. (check the forums for Arkman, to see for your self) This patch was very much hyped and all of my player base was looking forward to this, as well as the rest of the Ark community. Upon patch day, the Center Map was released and a lot of people put in a lot of hours into this game. The players discovered that the sound was not working correctly, dinos couldn't fly, saddles disappearing, not being able to fly in certain areas around the mountain in the open without being kicked off, and numerous other bugs. ( how does that get through QA or even sent to QA, with it being like that?????) All of this was reported to wildcard through various forum posts, Then there was then a patch that was supposed to fix the sound and a few other things. The patch did fix the sound ( somewhat ) but also, ABSOLUTELY BROKE the game in the process by wiping all servers. My Ark App is now broken, it states that the name of the ark app (which is supposed to be Ark Survival Evolved) is and I quote "MS-Resource:AppName"  So upon selecting the app, the game loads up and I can select host server, Center map, and it loads up the game and gets to the admin manager screen then closes its self and reloads more of the map again and then crashes to the main screen. I can't even load up my server.... I have uninstalled, re-installed, reset settings, loaded up the island ( which works fine ),I tried everything... The question is when is this going to stop? Since the games release, game breaking bugs have been a common occurrence and plagued Ark. I understand that this is an "Alpha" "Beta" "Preview" Game, but when a game sales 30 million dollars worth of copies in its first few weeks, and no telling how much now, they have the money to fix this game ( unless it was spent all on making a new game :SOTF ). Bottom line is this.....these constant bugs that are breaking the game are not only hurting your game, but its killing your player base. You're reputation as a company is getting worse and worse in the gaming community( which started out very good I must say ). Now when a patch comes out, players are asking what are you (wildcard) are going to break in the game next.... and they hope its not their characters, dinos, servers, or hearts. Wildcard you need to get your act together, you are too good for this to be happening on a every patch basis. Please...... from a player, a dedicated server host, and a fan... fix this game.

Arkman 

How in the hell can you amateurs release a broke patch to the public without proper testing? one of the most popular games on Xbox and you just released a broken patch to the public and this isn't the first time such a fouled up patch was released. Whether it be alpha or not releasing such broken patches is unacceptable. And for the people who say it's just an Alpha game etc. Why have they just released a full new map instead of fixing the existing problems first? Seems to be like they don't see it as an Alpha game anymore and are using it as a cover up for such rookie mistakes.

12 minutes ago, TheBullWillWin said:

I believe the main excuse of "Preview" game is crap. True everyone is warned and heck everyone sees the message when the screen loads. Question now is why even try to play the game which they want you to for $30, when memory leaks happen. I mean updates not on time, sure who cares, but wasting ppls time. That's inexcusable to me. I stay up late or spend time when I could spend time working more or time with family. We all have choices so when we choose to play I don't expect all that to be for nothing. I buy I play that's how gaming works. But something this serious as memory gone makes masses of ppl feel why even try. My advice going forward is Quality. I don't care how long it takes. Give me Quality

How on earth can it be called an excuse? It IS A PREVIEW.  No excuse - it is what it is.  If it is a waste of your time to play an unfinished game, then by all means don't do it.  Your argument is completely without logic.  To say, yes, I know this game is a preview and I understand what that means, but don't use it as an excuse when something goes wrong - that is just illogical.  

2 minutes ago, joni65 said:

How on earth can it be called an excuse? It IS A PREVIEW.  No excuse - it is what it is.  If it is a waste of your time to play an unfinished game, then by all means don't do it.  Your argument is completely without logic.  To say, yes, I know this game is a preview and I understand what that means, but don't use it as an excuse when something goes wrong - that is just illogical.  

In a gaming logical sense you make a game for people to play. If you make mistakes and problems arise from your own doing and people don't play, then your main purpose to make a game is mute. Preview or not. It's still a game that is meant to be played. I'm saying the early access, preview means nothing. Game is a game. 

• Volunteer Moderator
5 hours ago, Rickyh24 said:

I honestly can't believe a mod on this site said what you quoted. Really not a good look for the state of wildcard. It's an embarrassing post. You never blame the customer. That's just business  101. 

Please note that Tom is not a Moderator of this forum. He is a tester just like 100's of others.

19 hours ago, Jen said:

Hey Xbox Survivors,

I have some bad news that I am sadden to have to share tonight. Upon the v735 Xbox patch update, it was made aware to us that The Center single player, non-dedicated, and player dedicated saved data on Xbox was no longer accessible. 

Until we are able to get a patch approved, single-player save data will remain inaccessible and new single-player data will not save any time you close the game. However, we think it is likely that when this is patched you will be able to gain access your single-player saves again. They are currently inaccessible as the file path to load the save data is incorrect.

However, the same is unlikely for player dedicated servers. For you this is unfortunately a one-time wipe for all player dedicated servers, as much as we wish this were not the case. We will be looking into this to see if there are any other options, and are investing resources into any and all attempts to counteract this. New saved data on player dedicated servers will save properly.

To be clear: single player and local data should be retrievable once a patch is pushed early next week (aim is Monday) but player dedicated servers will likely not be recoverable. 

This is a disappointing set back for us and to all of you as well, and it really sucks and we're very sorry that it happened. We will continue to work harder to prevent a situation like this occurring in the future. 

Much love,

Wildcard Jen & The ARK: Survival Evolved Team

It is not a " one time thing " for player dedicated servers.... It has happened to the point that I can't even host my server without it crashing to the home screen every time I try and launch it.

12 hours ago, Tom said:

Somehow I am happy that this bug today happened. This maybe opens many of your people's eyes and let you get some more understanding, that your "why is the patch not out yet" --- "raptor the devs, they announce patch and its still not out!!!" ---- "why the devs always disappoint us?????" messages maybe will stop and you all will begin and start waiting patiently until the patch is actually out itself.

The more you people start pressuring the Devs, the more likely it is that a very mean bug will be inside the game! And I am sure that all of you dont want this to happen at all. So get your poop together and stop pressuring the Devs, spamming them in the official forums by threads, private messages and on twitter, facebook or anywhere else!

And now you can start hating me, but I am right!

Your not right at all! lol THE WILD CARD TEAM Posts eta's. THEN BREAK THEM BY DAYS. THAT is THEIR FAULT. DONT POST ETA'S If you cant keep them. Seem's as though they may need to replace you as a tester as you obviously cant do the job properly. A bug like this doesn't pass through QA without INCOMPETENCE! and to your garbage post about spawning them back in, OBVIOUSLY you miss the point of a survival game. People want things they earned not that they were given.

On split screen the way people move items from one slot to another is breaking in a lot of ways. If second player is moving something then first player will not be able to move a thing until p2 has stopped. Also moving things from a storage to your inventory or items to a storage, the slot selection box will go all over the place if you move something or it won't move at all if second player is still moving things too. This happens too if you try to double click on weapons or clothes to wear but if p2 is moving things you won't be able to do that as well. The sound is messed up, and when p2 gets on something it will mess up p1's cam.

30 minutes ago, SiiiNFUL said:

Your not right at all! lol THE WILD CARD TEAM Posts eta's. THEN BREAK THEM BY DAYS. THAT is THEIR FAULT. DONT POST ETA'S If you cant keep them. Seem's as though they may need to replace you as a tester as you obviously cant do the job properly. A bug like this doesn't pass through QA without INCOMPETENCE! and to your garbage post about spawning them back in, OBVIOUSLY you miss the point of a survival game. People want things they earned not that they were given.

Plus I would like to know what he meant by "your people's". honestly you are right though I just realized he is a "game tester" saying he's happy this happened.  Such an awful look. 

7 hours ago, Rickyh24 said:

I honestly can't believe a mod on this site said what you quoted. Really not a good look for the state of wildcard. It's an embarrassing post. You never blame the customer. That's just business  101. 

I am neither a mod nor I do belong to WC. Yet I am very ambitious, running Europe's biggest ARK community, run serveral ARK groups on Facebook, run 3 ARK sites for ark servers and so on. Therefor you can blame me for my post, but keep the devs out of that.

• Jerryn unpinned this topic
  • Jerryn locked this topic

Archived