Xbox Save Data Inaccessible/Wiped

Jen

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Tom said:

Somehow I am happy that this bug today happened. This maybe opens many of your people's eyes and let you get some more understanding, that your "why is the patch not out yet" --- "raptor the devs, they announce patch and its still not out!!!" ---- "why the devs always disappoint us?????" messages maybe will stop and you all will begin and start waiting patiently until the patch is actually out itself.

The more you people start pressuring the Devs, the more likely it is that a very mean bug will be inside the game! And I am sure that all of you dont want this to happen at all. So get your poop together and stop pressuring the Devs, spamming them in the official forums by threads, private messages and on twitter, facebook or anywhere else!

And now you can start hating me, but I am right!

I don't think us "Pressuring" the devs has anything to do with it. If you read the posts people complain about ETA's given by WC after they give the patch to microsoft. So people complaining about delays really has nothing to do with actual patch effectiveness. The fact of the matter is that they can do a better job of internal testing these patches before they release them on console to avoid "mean" bugs like this one. The thing with console is they can only release patches at a certain rate due to it having to go through microsoft and such, it isnt like PC where they can throw out a hotfix the same day as a patch so when a poorly tested patch is released that breaks the game we typically have to wait 3-5 business days for a fix to even be released. Now if that "fix" breaks the game even more that's another 3-5 business days we console players have to wait for another mystical "fix" patch. So you need to understand why the console community gets so upset and gets frustrated about patches, more so than the PC community. Especially when they release a patch that was supposed to fix issues and all it does is break the game even more right before a weekend when most console players have time to play the game. 

For those of you who don't know what a business day is, those are counted as Monday-Friday and weekends do not count. 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, TheDarkestSoul said:

Anyone know why the update that came out last night keeps erasing your progress when you get off of your game, I'll play and start building, then I'll get off and when I get back on my character is home and my world is wiped, how do I fix this.

I moved your post to this thread as this thread will answer your questions.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, keightley60 said:

Just downloaded the 7.5gig update on Xbox One, loaded up and it's telling me to make a new survivor.. so pissed right now.

Spent hours making a  base, taming dinos, all wasted. Thanks.

I've moved your post to this thread as it discusses the issue you are referring to.

3 hours ago, Tom said:

Somehow I am happy that this bug today happened. This maybe opens many of your people's eyes and let you get some more understanding, that your "why is the patch not out yet" --- "raptor the devs, they announce patch and its still not out!!!" ---- "why the devs always disappoint us?????" messages maybe will stop and you all will begin and start waiting patiently until the patch is actually out itself.

The more you people start pressuring the Devs, the more likely it is that a very mean bug will be inside the game! And I am sure that all of you dont want this to happen at all. So get your poop together and stop pressuring the Devs, spamming them in the official forums by threads, private messages and on twitter, facebook or anywhere else!

So......this was our fault. Wow. Hey,is your sky blue during the day in your world?

Hello,

My saved game is lost every time I log out and log in on the XboxOne on the new 735.0. It says there is a problem with my saved games and I have to delete them and let it resync from the cloud. Did this 2x and it still just loads a new character every time. We are a community of 20 game streamers. After losing 500 hours or more on this foul update, 15 guys just deleted the game and refuse to play again. I'm not complaining, I know it's beta. Just letting you know to keep people playing you can't throw their work in the trash like that. Just lost some dedicated streamers ...

8 hours ago, symfoni said:

i play this game on xbox for up to 1000 houres .
and on pc from day 1 till it came out on xbox  up to +2000 houres .

i don't care to loose it al
i dont care to start over . aslong we get a awesome game .
it is a alfa/beta game so stop crying if you loose up to 300 our 500 our 800 houres  in a game .
if you can not handle this then you most wait till the game comes out in december .
YOU ARE PLAYING A GAME IN PREVIEW .  (this means , that everything can change our that you most start over from nothing.)
even if it's mean that you loose everything with every update , try to handle it like a gamer our man and give al your support to the game makers 
for making the best game ever . 
i was waiting for 43 years for a game like this  .

and al i can say is .  that am so happy thy look after there game , if something is wrong thy will fix it . and are doing there best to give us a great game experience.
look to outher game's where thy don't look after broken stuff our bugs .(like destiny ) .and still asking for up to like 30 euro's for 1 stupid dance .

thx to the makers of ark for everything , i can't wait till the centre is fix so i can play again . it looks so awesome :P 

What this guy said.  Hopefully people don't ruin the whole preview game system with all of this hate.  When I paid for Ark I was warned that it was a preview and I paid for it and play it with the full knowledge that at any time I could lose the play I have played.  For people who say they have lost their "work"  ....  Games are play not work.  I can't even believe that people buy these games with full warning and knowledge that it is a work in progress and anything can happen, then turn in to puddles of whine when the thing they are fully warned about does happen.  Get a grip people.

12 hours ago, Jen said:

However, the same is unlikely for player dedicated servers. For you this is unfortunately a one-time wipe for all player dedicated servers

The player dedicated I play on has now wiped three full times (at least).  I'm very forgiving and have defended this game countless times, but I just can't play until this gets fixed.  

13 minutes ago, joni65 said:

For people who say they have lost their "work"  ....  Games are play not work.

in my particular case.  let me re-phrase it to better state my feelings.  I've currently lost my enjoyment.  Yes, it's now "work".  I still love this game.  I'll play it like I have before once the current issues are resolved, but it's getting tiring to hand wave every single issue with this game as "It's alpha deal with it."  

People need to be able to voice disappointment with the game when things break the game.  

5 hours ago, Tom said:

They should not be rushing out patches just because people are impatient. As much as those people are annoying don't blame them. That's silly. They messed up. It's on them. 

The top priorities when programming for this stiff are

1. System stability

2. Data preservation

This type of mistake should not happen, the preservation of our save data should be forefront when testing these patches.

That said, I accepted this as a possibility when deciding to participate in the early access. Hopefully this is a lesson learned and will be the last time it happens. 

11 hours ago, MacGalempsy said:

I seriously hope someone gets fired for this error. Millions of hours of gaming around the world was just flushed down the toilet. How long do you think people are going to deal with this? I will be quitting this game until its officially released, or you figure a way to fix the private dedicated servers. I guess EA is the way to go, they seem to get it right the first time.

image.jpg

18 minutes ago, perk8504 said:

The top priorities when programming for this stiff are

1. System stability

2. Data preservation

This type of mistake should not happen, the preservation of our save data should be forefront when testing these patches.

That said, I accepted this as a possibility when deciding to participate in the early access. Hopefully this is a lesson learned and will be the last time it happens. 

The problem I have is that it is increasingly obvious wildcard does not even test these Xbox updates themselves. Nothing is fixed. Sound still busted, I'm still getting kicked off bird. I actually can't come across one thing this update has done except wipe our server. 

6 hours ago, Tom said:

When did the business model become support the few whiners over the loyal fans? I must have missed that. 

The amount of people asking WC to take a time out and squash bugs is much more then the amount wanting the updates rushed. We all know the games not releasing on time so why rush anything at this point? If they want to punish us then fine they should have the nads to come out and tell us otherwise none of this makes any sense. They are almost always late on there ETA so everyone's used to it. Take all the time they need just do it right. Shows professionalism and quality. If I was boss at WC I would give the entire team the week off. When they get back things will get fixed and quality will raise. The amount of stress they are under is showing pretty badly and is hurting the game.

26 minutes ago, Shebeatsyoui said:

The amount of people asking WC to take a time out and squash bugs is much more then the amount wanting the updates rushed. We all know the games not releasing on time so why rush anything at this point? If they want to punish us then fine they should have the nads to come out and tell us otherwise none of this makes any sense. They are almost always late on there ETA so everyone's used to it. Take all the time they need just do it right. Shows professionalism and quality. If I was boss at WC I would give the entire team the week off. When they get back things will get fixed and quality will raise. The amount of stress they are on is showing pretty badly.

When did the business model become support the few whiners over the loyal fans? I must have missed that. 

I honestly can't believe a mod on this site said what you quoted. Really not a good look for the state of wildcard. It's an embarrassing post. You never blame the customer. That's just business  101. 

7 minutes ago, Rickyh24 said:

I honestly can't believe a mod on this site said what you quoted. Really not a good look for the state of wildcard. It's an enbrassibg post. You never blame the customer. That's just business  101. 

They are under a skyscraper load of stress so I can look past his comment I just hope they are all having a fun weekend so when they get in on Monday they are refreshed and can focus. Unfortunately they are prolly working ATM on fixing this instead of enjoying the weekend. I empathize.

15 minutes ago, Shebeatsyoui said:

They are under a skyscraper load of stress so I can look past his comment I just hope they are all having a fun weekend so when they get in on Monday they are refreshed and can focus. Unfortunately they are prolly working ATM on fixing this instead of enjoying the weekend. I empathize.

I agree with the stress part. They need to just slow down and actually play this game on Xbox. It was clear to me the sound was not working still and the kicking off bird issue was not fixed in 15 minutes.  

Blaming the customer is embarrassing though. They need to think more before they post. 

6 hours ago, GamerPerfection said:

Everyone has a right to complain about ARK, the bugs, the Patches, the Devs etc regardless of whether this is Early Access or not. However, that doesn't give the right to be rude, hostile, etc. Therefore people shouldn't really be telling others to stop complaining and throwing "early access" in their face every time they complain, because they have a right to complain.

Telling people to stop complaining, stop crying etc just adds to the fire which is not necessary nor needed.

thank you

44 minutes ago, Rickyh24 said:

I honestly can't believe a mod on this site said what you quoted. Really not a good look for the state of wildcard. It's an embarrassing post. You never blame the customer. That's just business  101. 

I don't think a Volunteer Tester is the same as a mod. They're not even actually part of WC staff...

• Jerryn unpinned this topic
  • Jerryn locked this topic

Archived