Xbox Save Data Inaccessible/Wiped

Jen

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, simsto said:

This is extremely sad. Not because we lost all our stuff, I can live with that and even better, I can use admin cheats to get everything back. However, the main problem for every private dedicated server right now is that all of our members will be unable to play on our servers for the entire weekend, which means that they will most likely seek out other servers; witch again means that we probably lose all or almost all of the players we have struggled to recruit. We had a good thing going with about 25 active players, and I just hope that some of them will be sticking around. 

The save function works with player dedicated servers, the wipe was a one-time occurrence. It's only single-player that doesn't save.

21 hours ago, Jen said:

The save function works with player dedicated servers, the wipe was a one-time occurrence. It's only single-player that doesn't save. 

Thanks for clarifying. Although I thought your original post was clear enough, I guess a few people didn't understand. Even though my server is already wiped what about those who haven't updated their player ded server. If they shut it down until the patch will their save data be safe?

2 hours ago, bigjerm724 said:

This is crazy I know it's preview but ignorant this seems it wasn't even tested and rushed out.  Now all my local save data is gone because when I loaded a new player in it said please fix issues with save so I thought it was this other 7 gigabyte update that I installed again today and then I went an erased my local save content not a big issue to some people but I have a lot of games over 3 terabytes of games I didn't know it was going to do what it did this is crazy a whole week 4 issues that could have been resolved if someone would have checked it. It's all good I trust you guys I just really hope it comes out before next week keep us in touch

This affected more than just your Ark save data? From my understanding it's just your Ark survival evolved data. I haven't updated mine yet so I wouldn't know.

1 hour ago, miller072189 said:

I've put 300+ hrs into this game, on multiple servers, but it's getting old. All your hard work wiped away, over such an obvious error. I just don't get how this could of been missed. Not mad, just dissapointed the fullest.

i play this game on xbox for up to 1000 houres .
and on pc from day 1 till it came out on xbox  up to +2000 houres .

i don't care to loose it al
i dont care to start over . aslong we get a awesome game .
it is a alfa/beta game so stop crying if you loose up to 300 our 500 our 800 houres  in a game .
if you can not handle this then you most wait till the game comes out in december .
YOU ARE PLAYING A GAME IN PREVIEW .  (this means , that everything can change our that you most start over from nothing.)
even if it's mean that you loose everything with every update , try to handle it like a gamer our man and give al your support to the game makers 
for making the best game ever . 
i was waiting for 43 years for a game like this  .

and al i can say is .  that am so happy thy look after there game , if something is wrong thy will fix it . and are doing there best to give us a great game experience.
look to outher game's where thy don't look after broken stuff our bugs .(like destiny ) .and still asking for up to like 30 euro's for 1 stupid dance .

thx to the makers of ark for everything , i can't wait till the centre is fix so i can play again . it looks so awesome :P 

Hey  Symfoni. we all love this game that's why we complain.. yes its (Game Preview) but us as a community has a right to complain when something isn't working.  yes we lost all our stuff.  some don't like that.. not EVERYONE IS LIKE YOU..  we have a right to complain to a Company we paid money to for a game..  so ranting on complaining about the game is the same as you complaining.  we have a right to. .don't like it don't post.  and to add to that Most of these complaints help the company do better.   

you have the right aswel to cry , to run with your head against a wall and ........
if you have a bug our somethings are not working just send in a tiket our make a bug post .
i don't neder like it to loose stuff , but i sall never cry over it .

it is not so hard to make a post without making a big deal over it 
ark is working very hard with the community , and lissen to everything you guy's say .
and ye your monney what thit you pay for it 35 euro's . i bet you have spend alot more monney on outher games that where really bad .

and yes not everyone is like me , that would be borring and stupid , am so happy for this .

so stop crying and go play your game .
and if this dont work for you then go cry me a river .

it is just stupid to go complain over something that when wrong after you play'd a game for 300 houres 
believe me it is alot worst if you loose a game progress after 2000 houres .
like what happent for me . 
and stiil i don't believe that i most become mad over it our go cry on forums for this 
IT IS JUST A GAME . ( it is not real life )
and if the game makers thit something wrong our made some bugs in this game then thy are fixing it .
just post your bug on this forum and thy sall look in to it .

GREETZ xxx

46 minutes ago, EvoNeiko said:

Hey  Symfoni. we all love this game that's why we complain.. yes its (Game Preview) but us as a community has a right to complain when something isn't working.  yes we lost all our stuff.  some don't like that.. not EVERYONE IS LIKE YOU..  we have a right to complain to a Company we paid money to for a game..  so ranting on complaining about the game is the same as you complaining.  we have a right to. .don't like it don't post.  and to add to that Most of these complaints help the company do better.   

3 minutes ago, symfoni said:

you have the right aswel to cry , to run with your head against a wall and ........
if you have a bug our somethings are not working just send in a tiket our make a bug post .
i don't neder like it to loose stuff , but i sall never cry over it .

it is not so hard to make a post without making a big deal over it 
ark is working very hard with the community , and lissen to everything you guy's say .
and ye your monney what thit you pay for it 35 euro's . i bet you have spend alot more monney on outher games that where really bad .

and yes not everyone is like me , that would be borring and stupid , am so happy for this .

so stop crying and go play your game .
and if this dont work for you then go cry me a river .

it is just stupid to go complain over something that when wrong after you play'd a game for 300 houres 
believe me it is alot worst if you loose a game progress after 2000 houres .
like what happent for me . 
and stiil i don't believe that i most become mad over it our go cry on forums for this 
IT IS JUST A GAME . ( it is not real life )
and if the game makers thit something wrong our made some bugs in this game then thy are fixing it .
just post your bug on this forum and thy sall look in to it .

GREETZ xxx

You can't polish a poo

This happened to our server as well... really messed up. I think wildcard is doing a great job but think about the many man-hours that people have in it. As an IT guy, we think in mathematical solutions. Why not have 1 server. Bigone in storage, add line of code that 'atleast' the player dedicate ones get saved ever 5-15 min.

As said in my line of work it is always backup backup backup.

Let this be an importaint lesson.

Somehow I am happy that this bug today happened. This maybe opens many of your people's eyes and let you get some more understanding, that your "why is the patch not out yet" --- "raptor the devs, they announce patch and its still not out!!!" ---- "why the devs always disappoint us?????" messages maybe will stop and you all will begin and start waiting patiently until the patch is actually out itself.

The more you people start pressuring the Devs, the more likely it is that a very mean bug will be inside the game! And I am sure that all of you dont want this to happen at all. So get your poop together and stop pressuring the Devs, spamming them in the official forums by threads, private messages and on twitter, facebook or anywhere else!

And now you can start hating me, but I am right!

Those who're complaining need to stop complaining and never EVER consider buying another game in early access (Game Preview)/Alpha.

This is what you have been warned about. This is just something that can happen during any stage of development in ANY game.

If you don't understand the concept of Early Access/Alpha, don't buy into them, but rather wait until the game is released, THEN you'll have EVERY right to complain. Until then, stop crying.

7 hours ago, Jen said:

Hey Xbox Survivors,

I have some bad news that I am sadden to have to share tonight. Upon the v735 Xbox patch update, it was made aware to us that The Center single player, non-dedicated, and player dedicated saved data on Xbox was no longer accessible. 

Until we are able to get a patch approved, single-player save data will remain inaccessible and new single-player data will not save any time you close the game. However, we think it is likely that when this is patched you will be able to gain access your single-player saves again. They are currently inaccessible as the file path to load the save data is incorrect.

However, the same is unlikely for player dedicated servers. For you this is unfortunately a one-time wipe for all player dedicated servers, as much as we wish this were not the case. We will be looking into this to see if there are any other options, and are investing resources into any and all attempts to counteract this. New saved data on player dedicated servers will save properly.

To be clear: single player and local data should be retrievable once a patch is pushed early next week (aim is Monday) but player dedicated servers will likely not be recoverable. 

This is a disappointing set back for us and to all of you as well, and it really sucks and we're very sorry that it happened. We will continue to work harder to prevent a situation like this occurring in the future. 

Much love,

Wildcard Jen & The ARK: Survival Evolved Team

Thanks for the update @Jen though i really don't think you should be apologizing about this. It IS Early Access/Alpha/Game Preview after all, and most of us do understand the concept of just that. In fact i feel sorry for you guys being preasured by a vocal minority on these forums day in, day out, for patch releases and so on.

Instead, I think you guys deserve a pat on the back (and on the head) for pulling off what you've managed to pull off with the limited staff and resources you had to begin with on top of the lawsuit. Many developers would've stopped at the lawsuit, but WC keeps moving forward. :D

• Volunteer Moderator

Everyone has a right to complain about ARK, the bugs, the Patches, the Devs etc regardless of whether this is Early Access or not. However, that doesn't give the right to be rude, hostile, etc. Therefore people shouldn't really be telling others to stop complaining and throwing "early access" in their face every time they complain, because they have a right to complain.

Telling people to stop complaining, stop crying etc just adds to the fire which is not necessary nor needed.

• Jerryn unpinned this topic
  • Jerryn locked this topic

Archived