Xbox Save Data Inaccessible/Wiped

Jen

2 minutes ago, OneBadHuskerFan said:

Advise you on what?  It's been known this has been happening.  It's why many people shut down their own servers for the last week.  The fix has been sent to MS.  Not much more can be said other than "sorry for your loss" but if you've known of the crashing issue since the last patch but have kept playing you knew the risks.

It's only been know this is happening to people it happened to. There should have been a forum post/game msg by wild card letting people know there server is not saving and a crash would revert back to the 5th. Also there is no fix for this coming. A fix for the backup and save is coming which is just a work around for this problem 

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, xBlazingJesus said:

It's only been know this is happening to people it happened to. There should have been a forum post/game msg by wild card letting people know there server is not saving and a crash would revert back to the 5th. Also there is no fix for this coming. A fix for the backup and save is coming which is just a work around for this problem 

The fix also includes the crashing issues.

11 hours ago, plb39 said:

Happened to me for the first time last night (7/12/16).  Player dedicated xbox one server went down due to power outage.  Lost days, if not weeks, worth of server up time.  Please advise.

That sucks. I would just pay attention to these boards more. The issue was found quickly by players and most of us poop down our servers to avoid wasting all that time. 

2 minutes ago, Rickyh24 said:

That sucks. I would just pay attention to these boards more. The issue was found quickly by players and most of us poop down our servers to avoid wasting all that time. 

FYI if you or your players are bored I put my Server on the center With ALL DOWNLOADS on its chaos in there grab your self a sniper and head to a obelisk

• Jatheish unpinned this topic
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, so instead of my center ark being wiped my island data was wiped. My character was still intact and my levels were right and everything and to make sure I was my world (btw I play in single player) I spawned in the world like I died even though last time I played I was in my base. I went to the spot where I built my base at but it was all gone! My dinos my base and everything I built. I thought that maybe some dino came and destroyed my base (me being kind of a new player to ark) but no death messages about my dinos or tribemates or even me came of on my tribe manager. I want to know if this was a glitch that happened with my game or the same thing that happened with the center.

On 10/31/2016 at 4:32 PM, LemonSquizzrs said:

Ok, so instead of my center ark being wiped my island data was wiped. My character was still intact and my levels were right and everything and to make sure I was my world (btw I play in single player) I spawned in the world like I died even though last time I played I was in my base. I went to the spot where I built my base at but it was all gone! My dinos my base and everything I built. I thought that maybe some dino came and destroyed my base (me being kind of a new player to ark) but no death messages about my dinos or tribemates or even me came of on my tribe manager. I want to know if this was a glitch that happened with my game or the same thing that happened with the center.

Its a bug right now kind of the reason(as well as no Werewolf or Vampire) why I haven't played in a while

• 9 months later...
On 21/05/2016 at 0:20 AM, Jen said:

Hey Xbox Survivors,

I have some bad news that I am sadden to have to share tonight. Upon the v735 Xbox patch update, it was made aware to us that The Center single player, non-dedicated, and player dedicated saved data on Xbox was no longer accessible. 

Until we are able to get a patch approved, single-player save data will remain inaccessible and new single-player data will not save any time you close the game. However, we think it is likely that when this is patched you will be able to gain access your single-player saves again. They are currently inaccessible as the file path to load the save data is incorrect.

However, the same is unlikely for player dedicated servers. For you this is unfortunately a one-time wipe for all player dedicated servers, as much as we wish this were not the case. We will be looking into this to see if there are any other options, and are investing resources into any and all attempts to counteract this. New saved data on player dedicated servers will save properly.

To be clear: single player and local data should be retrievable once a patch is pushed early next week (aim is Monday) but player dedicated servers will likely not be recoverable. 

This is a disappointing set back for us and to all of you as well, and it really sucks and we're very sorry that it happened. We will continue to work harder to prevent a situation like this occurring in the future. 

Much love,

Wildcard Jen & The ARK: Survival Evolved Team

• 1 month later...

Are you aware that this is happening with Ragnorok single player too? I built a base and tamed some things, got on with my son for it to all be gone. We built up on for it to be wiped again. Then when I got on mine and my son's build was gone but my original build was back. Finally I built up one last time and it was probably 4 days it worked and saved only for it to be wiped again. Just trying to keep everyone informed of issues. Thanks

• 11 months later...

i was just tired of waiting , trying out about everything , reinstalling the game , xbox reset . all fail .
so i just when to upload my char to a friends game (xbox ) and deleted my save everywhere and reserved space , downloaded my char back from 
friends xbox to my new game . and everything was working back as normal , the save game works again ,no crash . all i lost are my notes (what i dont mind , i can have fun al over again . ) my char is still the same lvl and i can still use the tek stuff . 
i dont now if this help but i think there is some corruption in the save game our in the reseved space .

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/20/2016 at 11:20 PM, Jen said:

Do here is my question. I've been trying to run a non dedicated server with just myself and my one friend do we can just play through in peace. I was, initially, unable to invite him and was booted out moments after starting a session when the game would sign me out of my Xbox. Since then I was able to start a session with him but after a few hours the server froze and booted us out. Upon logging back in the session has, apparently, been converted to a single player game and will not allow me to invite him. Will this be addressed or is the game really not worth playing for me because playing on the official servers does not really work for us?

• Jerryn locked this topic

Archived