Xbox Save Data Inaccessible/Wiped

Jen

Hey Xbox Survivors,

I have some bad news that I am sadden to have to share tonight. Upon the v735 Xbox patch update, it was made aware to us that The Center single player, non-dedicated, and player dedicated saved data on Xbox was no longer accessible. 

Until we are able to get a patch approved, single-player save data will remain inaccessible and new single-player data will not save any time you close the game. However, we think it is likely that when this is patched you will be able to gain access your single-player saves again. They are currently inaccessible as the file path to load the save data is incorrect.

However, the same is unlikely for player dedicated servers. For you this is unfortunately a one-time wipe for all player dedicated servers, as much as we wish this were not the case. We will be looking into this to see if there are any other options, and are investing resources into any and all attempts to counteract this. New saved data on player dedicated servers will save properly.

To be clear: single player and local data should be retrievable once a patch is pushed early next week (aim is Monday) but player dedicated servers will likely not be recoverable. 

This is a disappointing set back for us and to all of you as well, and it really sucks and we're very sorry that it happened. We will continue to work harder to prevent a situation like this occurring in the future. 

Much love,

Wildcard Jen & The ARK: Survival Evolved Team

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for the update Jen.

Was struggling with this on my player dedicated. Fingers crossed for a hotfix and even if I can't retrieve data, hopefully saving will be possible soon, till then my PD server is being shut down.

And remember, not all of us Blame your team for the bug! Some of us players remember it is an alpha game, and that this is the phase for finding and removing these bugs! Good luck!

I am actually relieved to hear well read this. At first I thought I broke my Xbox when my account on "The Ark" Map still worked but not The Center. =x freaked the crap out of me till I came to forums and found out it was a bug in the patch *if I read that right* =o I only play Single Player so I guess till update I shall find something else to do xD 

=( though I wish everyone Luck on Dedicated Servers about your saved data. I am sure everyone is upset but we all knew something like this was going to happen eventually when we signed up for an early access game. 

Thanks for the Info once again and hopefully everything goes smoothly!

This is crazy I know it's preview but ignorant this seems it wasn't even tested and rushed out.  Now all my local save data is gone because when I loaded a new player in it said please fix issues with save so I thought it was this other 7 gigabyte update that I installed again today and then I went an erased my local save content not a big issue to some people but I have a lot of games over 3 terabytes of games I didn't know it was going to do what it did this is crazy a whole week 4 issues that could have been resolved if someone would have checked it. It's all good I trust you guys I just really hope it comes out before next week keep us in touch

What really makes me mad is Xbox don't they test these updates before they come out that's why it takes the week. It's just laziness yeah something messed up on your guyses end but it should have got caught and it definitely shouldn't have had a message pop up saying to erase your local data even though it's on the freaking cloud. I'll still be here I put ours in but you know what I I'm going to continue to put more hours in you guys have been doing a nice job with the community and given us a lot of stuff so thank you guys just please hurry up with this

I guess my only question is - if I don't update the system my server is on and wait for the next patch, will this issue still exist? I know dedicated server info is saved to the system...

Or if I save a copy of my save items on my system will that prevent the dedicated server wipe?

Essentially, is there a way around this for those who have NOT updated yet?

This is extremely sad. Not because we lost all our stuff, I can live with that and even better, I can use admin cheats to get everything back. However, the main problem for every private dedicated server right now is that all of our members will be unable to play on our servers for the entire weekend, which means that they will most likely seek out other servers; witch again means that we probably lose all or almost all of the players we have struggled to recruit. We had a good thing going with about 25 active players, and I just hope that some of them will be sticking around. 

I know nothing about making games but i wish yall would just stop what your working on and just bug fix, the whole team, for a couple weeks, do nothing but fix bugs. Yall have made a ton of money off of a game that isnt even officially out yet and i think that money would be very well spent on bug fixing in order to sell even more copies of an even higher quality game. But thats just my ignorant opinion. Its a great game and im sure yall will be in the black in no time. Thanks for being honest with us.

22 minutes ago, simsto said:

This is extremely sad. Not because we lost all our stuff, I can live with that and even better, I can use admin cheats to get everything back. However, the main problem for every private dedicated server right now is that all of our members will be unable to play on our servers for the entire weekend, which means that they will most likely seek out other servers; witch again means that we probably lose all or almost all of the players we have struggled to recruit. We had a good thing going with about 25 active players, and I just hope that some of them will be sticking around. 

Fantastic post. It is almost a second job recruiting for the server and keeping players happy. Tonight was not easy, players ask questions like we admins are devs, and get pissed at us just the same.

1 hour ago, Jen said:

Hey Xbox Survivors,

I have some bad news that I am sadden to have to share tonight. Upon the v735 Xbox patch update, it was made aware to us that The Center single player, non-dedicated, and player dedicated saved data on Xbox was no longer accessible. 

Until we are able to get a patch approved, single-player save data will remain inaccessible and new single-player data will not save any time you close the game. However, we think it is likely that when this is patched you will be able to gain access your single-player saves again. They are currently inaccessible as the file path to load the save data is incorrect.

However, the same is unlikely for player dedicated servers. For you this is unfortunately a one-time wipe for all player dedicated servers, as much as we wish this were not the case. We will be looking into this to see if there are any other options, and are investing resources into any and all attempts to counteract this. New saved data on player dedicated servers will save properly.

To be clear: single player and local data should be retrievable once a patch is pushed early next week (aim is Monday) but player dedicated servers will likely not be recoverable. 

This is a disappointing set back for us and to all of you as well, and it really sucks and we're very sorry that it happened. We will continue to work harder to prevent a situation like this occurring in the future. 

Much love,

Yeah the exact same thing happened to the PC version 4 days ago, your support was even made aware of this and why they didn't pass it on to you is not clear.

However, here is what I can tell you from the PC version. There are certain files that are not take across to the new folder and I manually copied these files to the new folder and was able to have all my structures and dino's and tribe back. The downside was that resources like rocks and tree's where all over the base.

So sad you couldn't migrate correctly first time, many people on the PC played the map The Centre for months before it was added as an Official map and you should have taken that into consideration and migrated those files.

Anyway, now that it is 4 days later and you seem to be finally aware of something that we have mention both in your forums and to your support. Makes it a shame that your support couldn't warn you of the problem before this update launched.

1 hour ago, Jen said:

Hey Xbox Survivors,

Much love,

I seriously hope someone gets fired for this error. Millions of hours of gaming around the world was just flushed down the toilet. How long do you think people are going to deal with this? I will be quitting this game until its officially released, or you figure a way to fix the private dedicated servers. I guess EA is the way to go, they seem to get it right the first time.

Hey all, 

With this most recent patch (243.1 I believe) did any one else's Xbox single player data get corrupted ? Both my saves (center, island) Are corrupted now, can't play them. Tried to do cloud backup but it will not load & keeps saying it's corrupted.

Has this happened to any one else? I'm scared to check my 2nd accounts save data (my no flier account :( ) until I hear an answer about it

Thanks, 

D1NK

• Jerryn unpinned this topic
  • Jerryn locked this topic

Archived