The end of legacy servers (hopefully soon)!?

Samiisha

hey wildcard,
hey @Dollie & @Cedric!

could you please give us the current backup files of the legacy servers?

many of us would like to continue playing on private servers because most legacy servers are unplayable. they just reset their bases and wait that the servers will be closed.

we'd love to play genesis 2 too but the lags and crashes are so bad that it isn`t possible. for example, the legacy server 946 crashes every half hour to one hour during the week starting at 11/12 am cest. right now the server doesn't even stay online for a quarter of an hour.

please put an end to this.

greetings

18 minutes ago, Samiisha said:

hey wildcard,
hey @Dollie & @Cedric!

could you please give us the current backup files of the legacy servers?

many of us would like to continue playing on private servers because most legacy servers are unplayable. they just reset their bases and wait that the servers will be closed.

we'd love to play genesis 2 too but the lags and crashes are so bad that it isn`t possible. for example, the legacy server 946 crashes every half hour to one hour during the week starting at 11/12 am cest. right now the server doesn't even stay online for a quarter of an hour.

please put an end to this.

greetings

open you own private server, create with admin cheats your current official progression, remove cheats, enjoy game. 

i doubt you will ever get an answer or official save files etc. 

This is not a problem with legacy servers. Your server 946 its in the same physical machine as our non-legacy official PVE.

To be more precise, 946 and 947 are on the same bare metal as 934, 935, 936, 937, 938. This is 7 servers on the same physical machine and I would bet sharing the same memory resources.

Due to the big number of crashes we have every day in our server I've started monitoring all that servers to see if there is some pattern and I can say that every time:

- One of those 7 servers crashes.
- There is small chance, I would say 10%, of that server normally recovering from crash.
- There is a 90% chance of a domino effect, a chain of crashes on every server that is on that machine, until all crashes. This mean if our server crash there is very high chances that it will affect your server and vice-versa.

3 hours ago, Mephos said:

open you own private server, create with admin cheats your current official progression, remove cheats, enjoy game. 

i doubt you will ever get an answer or official save files etc. 

that's not what we want.
we want to continue with the dinosaurs and buildings for which we have invested thousands of hours. by the way, none of us would like to create over 1k dinos (from all players together) with the values / colors that we have bred over many years. but it's not just about the dinos. we have also spent many hours in our bases ... and everyone knows how much "fun" the ark building system can be. XD
so we are waiting for the backup files and hope to be heard someday. miracles can happen. ^^

• Volunteer Moderator
17 minutes ago, Samiisha said:

that's not what we want.
we want to continue with the dinosaurs and buildings for which we have invested thousands of hours. by the way, none of us would like to create over 1k dinos (from all players together) with the values / colors that we have bred over many years. but it's not just about the dinos. we have also spent many hours in our bases ... and everyone knows how much "fun" the ark building system can be. XD
so we are waiting for the backup files and hope to be heard someday. miracles can happen. ^^

They did it before, I wouldn't doubt they will do it again. But not until the servers are taken offline.

• 1 month later...
On 6/29/2021 at 9:26 PM, ThePryBar said:

Wildcard should have closed those down years ago, my guess is that all the silly photo shoots that the devs create for special events are done on one of the legacy servers hence why they refuse to shut them down.

Maybe because people have 1000s of hrs in thise servers?? Maybe because not everyone have 24/7 to play Ark due to real life stuff?? Maybe because especially now its useless starting over with Ark 2 releasing next year?? Maybe THAT are the reasons why. And wjen legacy turned legacy they never ever said they were gonna get deleted at some point. The 1st time cedric mentioned that was in 2019. 2 FULL YEARS after Arks full release. When all land on official had been pillared up. When all legacy players would be 2 year behind if they went official. Wc wont delete m as long as there r enough people playing on m. But they trying their best to kill m off...

Archived