Can the Skiff carry the Stryder?

Ganelon

46 minutes ago, zero064 said:

Yes, but it's a pain. Sometimes it works, and sometimes you gotta move the Stryder and try again.

Yeah, I was finally able to do it. It was janky at first, but after a couple of false starts I was able to do it. 

Thanks.

The wiki said you could, but there was some talk on it about perhaps being a bug. I hope not, as moving that thing around some of the other maps is way too much trouble.

I transferred one to Crystal Island and I move it with tek teleporters.

When I farm metal in the center of the map I have a Giga on follow on aggressive stance, follow range at high. At first I had a Rex on follow but it was unable to help with an Argentivis on aggro at the top of the stryder. I did not like that, so I am using a Giga now.

I did the metal river in 10 minutes for 60k metal at 1X. The other canyons gave me a total of around 200k metal after about 30 minutes (I cleaned of the trees with the Giga first to see better. Its doing some of the bug orange metal nodes with ease. Those are a pain to do with an Anky. The stryder does not work on Elemental crystals up north :(.  I guess I will keep using a Mantis for those.

35 minutes ago, Herbapou said:

The stryder does not work on Elemental crystals up north :(.  I guess I will keep using a Mantis for those.

Damn, I was wondering about that. Mining drill doesn't work for those either, so the other gathering attachment wouldn't be any good.

It would've been a pain to move it around up there anyway.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, Ganelon said:

Yeah, I was finally able to do it. It was janky at first, but after a couple of false starts I was able to do it. 

Thanks.

The wiki said you could, but there was some talk on it about perhaps being a bug. I hope not, as moving that thing around some of the other maps is way too much trouble.

You just have to make sure you grab it from an angle where the beam don't go through its platform and you should be fine.

7 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

You just have to make sure you grab it from an angle where the beam don't go through its platform and you should be fine.

Good tip. I've had some success the last several time I tried. Likely from that. Thanks! Has anyone tested to see the max distance for the dedi storage link? I did see a vid where they shows a 1500 meter... but they didn't show the absolute max.

10 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Ah so thats it, I realized last night I have much better success if I get my skiff low and to the side of the stryder I pick it up much more consistently than when Im high above it.  Still havent figured a way to pick it up while its being ridden by another tribemate yet.

Archived