Non standard boss killers?

DirkInSA

So I've played Single player, Online (PVE & PVP) and run my own set of servers.

Here is the thing - I have bred Rexes & Wyverns (when they got to be be breedable) and had some (limited) success.

However - I have hatched a LOT of dimorphs since this silly game was still in beta ...... And not one (anywhere stat) mutation ....

For caves and so on DiMorphs are a really good answer, but I have a dream to whack a bunch of bosses with them - but never a nary mutation. And w out mutation they just get whacked too quickly .....

Has any of you lot gotten a Dimorph mutation (anywhere and on any form of the game)?

3 hours ago, DirkInSA said:

So I've played Single player, Online (PVE & PVP) and run my own set of servers. Here is the thing - I have bred Rexes & Wyverns (when they got to be be breedable) and had some (limited) success. However - I have hatched a LOT of dimorphs since this silly game was still in beta ...... And not one (anywhere stat) mutation ....For caves and so on DiMorphs are a really good answer, but I have a dream to whack a bunch of bosses with them - but never a nary mutation. And w out mutation they just get whacked too quickly .....Has any of you lot gotten a Dimorph mutation (anywhere and on any form of the game)?

Can't say that I have really, but I got a melee mutation on an anky once, and Iv found a couple dozen ascendent saddles for em......been thinking of a lol project since on an anky army.....they can eat veggie cakes too!

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, wizard03 said:

Can't say that I have really, but I got a melee mutation on an anky once, and Iv found a couple dozen ascendent saddles for em......been thinking of a lol project since on an anky army.....they can eat veggie cakes too!

Wouldn't the DPS be too low? That's a slow tail swing.

12 hours ago, DirkInSA said:

Has any of you lot gotten a Dimorph mutation (anywhere and on any form of the game)?

Yes, had some of them when breeding dimorph's on an unofficial server running The Island.

I was just breeding up a bloodline after taming up some wild ones with good stats, was not breeding specifically for mutations, and I got a few of them during the process of creating the bloodline. I started with 6 separate adults, each with a different important stat, during the process of combining into a bloodline I'd estimate I got 6-8 mutations with probably 4 being useful and the others in wasted stats. The server had a couple of mods (like S+) which made breeding faster & easier, but we didn't have anything installed that increased the chances of mutations or affected dino stats in any way.

It may be worth noting that I did all of this about 2.5 years ago, have no idea if anything has changed with dimorphs since then.

dimorphs are fun, current melee on them on the trade market ( cross ark, discord etc) is around 600 md. or close. and that is base no imprint. 

I think they are too squishy to do any real damage. they're like dumbfire pets. send them in say good bye make more.

So I think they would be obliterated before they endured long enough to kill a boss. *any* boss.

But kinda like the lvl 100000000 dodo vs the lvl1 giga someone did a vid of ages ago, it's fun to watch! I'd watch the dimorph test. So if you

try it, make sure to capture it! 🤩

depends on wich boss i guess!, but i recently tryed the alpha broodmother with 25kHP/1200%dmg Bears + a yuty and they all died after getting her down to ~~50%!

soo i doubt that ankylos have a decent chance!

PS: some ppl sell good dimorphs on discord, better to buy bred ones & keep going then starting from wild^^

Archived