International Modding Contest Winners, Crunch & Digest!

complexminded

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Stefano8710 said:

Will there be like a egg or some other way for you to obtain it

No, the bosses only appear at arenas, and nowhere else. You can't keep them, or tame them, or grow them from eggs as there are no eggs. You can admin spawn them but they despawn when you quit the game.

6 hours ago, GamerPerfection said:

Bosses are not tameable i'm afraid, and they are restricted to the boss arenas so you can't kee

17 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

No, the bosses only appear at arenas, and nowhere else. You can't keep them, or tame them, or grow them from eggs as there are no eggs. You can admin spawn them but they despawn when you quit the game.

Thanks 

These upcoming no build zones mentioned, will we get a warning about where they are going to be? (I assume they'll be on both TheIsland and the Center, but is it a part of the dev kit as well so other map designers can add them?)

Also, where are the 3D markers, we only have about 10 days left before the patch and I know a few of my friends won't be moving til they see precisely where they are going to be....

15 hours ago, TheModCookers said:

i won't let this past, i will continue to post my comment like that until i have a real answer from the dev, they can't kill us from there contest like that 2 times!!! (from the first place in the first contest) so much work, so much school project i have killed to make that <3 mod and they do that? no.... NO

Hey TheModCookers, I appreciate you're very disappointed, I was too when I found out my mod didn't make the top 10 of the competition and I didn't understand why even though it is the 3rd most popular mod on the Steam Workshop of the last three months (Pimp my Dino is 2nd incidentally).

However, there are better ways to communicate your disappointment though, it doesn't reflect well on you to give yourself airs and graces in public, and if you decide to pull your mod from the workshop you're only going to be hurting the fans of your mod, not Studio Wildcard.

It is important to remember why you started modding the game in times like these. For me personally I started modding because I love contributing to the wider community. Would it have been nice to have won the competition, sure - but that's not the primary reason of why I started my mod, and I don't believe it was yours either.

I do agree though that the judging percentages were skewed and not reflective of what the community voted for. But ultimately with a 60/40 split, it really doesn't count for much as Studio Wildcard are always going to have the majority vote. This should be a lesson learnt going forward for any future competitions, either have 100% vote from Studio Wildcard or 100% vote from community or make it a simple 50/50 split.

So chin up mate. Strap on your best Oscar's nominee who didn't win face, accept the result, congratulate the winners, and move on.

7 hours ago, PommieGamer said:

Hey TheModCookers, I appreciate you're very disappointed, I was too when I found out my mod didn't make the top 10 of the competition and I didn't understand why even though it is the 3rd most popular mod on the Steam Workshop of the last three months (Pimp my Dino is 2nd incidentally).

However, there are better ways to communicate your disappointment though, it doesn't reflect well on you to give yourself airs and graces in public, and if you decide to pull your mod from the workshop you're only going to be hurting the fans of your mod, not Studio Wildcard.

It is important to remember why you started modding the game in times like these. For me personally I started modding because I love contributing to the wider community. Would it have been nice to have won the competition, sure - but that's not the primary reason of why I started my mod, and I don't believe it was yours either.

I do agree though that the judging percentages were skewed and not reflective of what the community voted for. But ultimately with a 60/40 split, it really doesn't count for much as Studio Wildcard are always going to have the majority vote. This should be a lesson learnt going forward for any future competitions, either have 100% vote from Studio Wildcard or 100% vote from community or make it a simple 50/50 split.

So chin up mate. Strap on your best Oscar's nominee who didn't win face, accept the result, congratulate the winners, and move on.

i'm not going to delete my work on the workshop just stop adding more content on this game in front of the complete unrespect of the devs

4 hours ago, TheModCookers said:

i'm not going to delete my work on the workshop just stop adding more content on this game in front of the complete unrespect of the devs

I get that you are mad and I would agree that some things could have been better. And from the chat with Ced on Discord I can tell you that Wildcard would agree with that, but why is choosing one Mod over another disrespect towards your work? By that logic they would disrespect all Mods except the few who made pos 1-6 in the contest. That is obviously not the case. Again, I get why you are mad, but I just don't see why one of the chosen Top 6 Mods is soooooo much worse than Pimp My Dino. I guess I can just agree with the other posters here. Try to remember why you started and that it was never about the money. Yes, it would have been great but someone had to come short and your subs still love your content. Remember, you do it for them or for you. Not to impress WC.

BTW: Don't expect it to be different with Fallout. From what I know if anything, its "worse".

8 minutes ago, Kenturrac said:

I get that you are mad and I would agree that some things could have been better. And from the chat with Ced on Discord I can tell you that Wildcard would agree with that, but why is choosing one Mod over another disrespect towards your work? By that logic they would disrespect all Mods except the few who made pos 1-6 in the contest. That is obviously not the case. Again, I get why you are mad, but I just don't see why one of the chosen Top 6 Mods is soooooo much worse than Pimp My Dino. I guess I can just agree with the other posters here. Try to remember why you started and that it was never about the money. Yes, it would have been great but someone had to come short and your subs still love your content. Remember, you do it for them or for you. Not to impress WC.

BTW: Don't expect it to be different with Fallout. From what I know if anything, its "worse".

we did what you said the first time (when ark dev kiked us not from the 3 but from the first place) we move on, work more and the second contest show up and then exacly the same crapy thing happend

• Volunteer Moderator
10 minutes ago, Stefano8710 said:

Does this mean we will see the annunaki genesis mod coming to Xbox one.

No, this contest has nothing to do with the Console Mod program. However, that isn't to say it will never be selected to become an integrated part of ARK, but these results have nothing to do with that.

On 5/21/2016 at 10:39 AM, Scorpionvenom1 said:

An idea for riding dinos with weapons. Try something like the skyrim horse mechanic. it should cover pretty much anything you should need for it. Consider not allowing RPG's while riding dino though....
Have you ever considered adding attachments to saddles? Is there any reason why a saddle cant hold say, a torch?

To build off of that, I wonder if it would be too much to make it so some saddles on some dinos can have guns attachment to them. Say a ptera with a couple of assault rifles that are pointed right forward. Dogfights with dinos anyone? For added bonus, make the head the targeting retical.

Add harpoon guns, and ichy saddles with harpoon launchers?

just some thoughts

That would be awesome! And maybe even a dodo with a pistol ;)

23 hours ago, Mystalias said:

These upcoming no build zones mentioned, will we get a warning about where they are going to be? (I assume they'll be on both TheIsland and the Center, but is it a part of the dev kit as well so other map designers can add them?)

Also, where are the 3D markers, we only have about 10 days left before the patch and I know a few of my friends won't be moving til they see precisely where they are going to be....

I'm also waiting for the 3D markers....my base is right in the middle of the new redwood area and i am not moving till i know what i will need to move...

On 5/23/2016 at 6:00 PM, PommieGamer said:

60/40 or 50/50 you can still cheat the system, they should of been required to explain exactly how that 60% was used. I have a feeling it was used to completely ignore public voting with no regard to due process. "I will pick the ones i like anyways and justify it with 60%". They should have to show the point rankings they gave and explain exactly why that mod got those points in those categories and the other mods didnt. Its too late now as they can make poop up to match, it should of been posted with the results (Which were late just like everything they seem to do).

2 hours ago, Kilrath81 said:

60/40 or 50/50 you can still cheat the system, they should of been required to explain exactly how that 60% was used. I have a feeling it was used to completely ignore public voting with no regard to due process. "I will pick the ones i like anyways and justify it with 60%". They should have to show the point rankings they gave and explain exactly why that mod got those points in those categories and the other mods didnt. Its too late now as they can make poop up to match, it should of been posted with the results (Which were late just like everything they seem to do).

mate a vote in itself means you pick the one you like (it is called democracy hahahaha) why if they vote should they vote like the public did, that makes no sense. they had a vote, their vote was 60% of the overall total and they picked the ones they liked, so did the public, never was it said anywhere that they would or should pick the ones the public voters did.

If the voting was like that neither votes would have counted, public would have had to vote for the devs picks or the devs only could vote for the same top 5 as the public did. okay a 50/50 stake in the voting would maybe been more fair, but I think they kept it at 60% for the devs to stop or rule out any rigging of the contest.

Maybe a stupid example but the Eurovision this year changed their voting method, for first time public was the deciding vote and not Russia but Ukraine won. And atm you guys are starting to sound like Russia, demanding recounts or a change in the rules :D  

i dont demand a recount. but they shouldnt of had a public vote if they were going to pick a low vote mod like a content pack or pretty things over a voter picked Dino armor mod. Not that i should care since my votes were low so i shouldnt of won and i didnt. i just feel bad for people like pimp my dino and Futurism when im sure a lot of people feel that content pack should of had no chance with the votes the way they were. Point of the matter is its a sham. Same thing with the boaty mcboatface sham, The american Delegate sham and truthfully any real vote process where someone other then the voters has some sort of personal interest in the outcome. They will not admit the BS they pulled with this contest. They wont assume any fault. I hope if they make another contest they learn from this disgrace of a contest.

Either let the public vote or they can pick, one or the other. As for rigging they had us assign our steam accounts. Im sure they can check if we are verified accounts. Worse case someone pays 5 bucks per vote to "Rig" the system. The fact NONE of the game communities that pledged their vote to me couldnt vote. As i said in a previous post there is no way how bad this gimped the voting on each particular mod so no way to argue that point in the end BUT it was handled like a bunch of 12 year olds thought it up. They could of used the steam accounts info im sure to figure out if the account owned the game or something. If a vote required a game ownership with steam then a vote woulda cost 25-35 usd. All kinds of way to fix stuffed ballot boxes. They had no interest in it because they were going to just pick in the end anyway. 

Here is Proof: 

My accound obviously knows i have purchased Ark. they could of limited it that way and let everyone with the game vote.

ss+(2016-05-24+at+07.16.40).jpg

Edited by Kilrath81

On Monday, May 23, 2016 at 11:39 PM, SClolstar said:

I'm also waiting for the 3D markers....my base is right in the middle of the new redwood area and i am not moving till i know what i will need to move...

The markers will be around the entire area, not like individual trees and things. 

You need to relocate everything basically.

On Monday, May 23, 2016 at 8:57 AM, TheModCookers said:

So basically you're taking it out on your supporters? 

Not that I play pc or anything but I don't have much respect for someone that acts like that. 

Just my opinion though, so why should you care.

1 hour ago, EvilChaosDX said:

The markers will be around the entire area, not like individual trees and things. 

Better start that tonight then...gonna have to move a ton of stuff :/

...a vault full of metal will be fun to move..free metal anyone? lol

20 hours ago, EvilChaosDX said:

So basically you're taking it out on your supporters? 

Not that I play pc or anything but I don't have much respect for someone that acts like that. 

Just my opinion though, so why should you care.

first i make the mod for free, on my personal time i don't own anything and i think i own at least the same chances that any other mod on a contest and a fair and clear result that respect my work and the community that you like to speak about even if you actually don't even use our mod.

so if i follow you because i have done one mod i have to work on it my entire life because if i don't i deserve no respect ? did you actually read what you said ? so bad for a so great pseudo

5 hours ago, TheModCookers said:

first i make the mod for free, on my personal time i don't own anything and i think i own at least the same chances that any other mod on a contest and a fair and clear result that respect my work and the community that you like to speak about even if you actually don't even use our mod.

so if i follow you because i have done one mod i have to work on it my entire life because if i don't i deserve no respect ? did you actually read what you said ? so bad for a so great pseudo

Yes you did it all for free and im guessing for the community as you enjoy ark. 

Now you didn't win a "contest" and say to the people that love your mod that they won't get any more because wildcard don't support you like they do.

It's just an opinion of mine which you can take however you like. But for the best of the people that have supported your good work (I've seen some great images!) Saying that you won't do any more because you "lost" is a massive kick in the teeth for them.

Basically all I'm getting at is: please don't take it out on the people that love your hard work just because WC doesn't seem to as much. They may not comment about it, but they really do appreciate your time and effort that's gone into your mod(s) and makes the game better for how they like to play. 

Don't get me wrong if I had a pc this would definitely be a mod for me as the armour and styles look great! And fit the game perfectly.

• lilpanda unfeatured and unpinned this topic