International Modding Contest Winners, Crunch & Digest!

complexminded

To put on the point about previous comments about using weapons while riding dinos.  I am not satisfied with the answers about game performance would be the reason for not adding it in.  If you don't add it in, change the artwork.  It is 100 percent misleading, artwork is not really that hard to do.  But as for the release date of 2016 you guys all have a hell of a lot of work to do before you release it as a full game.  Between the adding of new items, map locations and dinos.  You really need to fix the game.  Frame rate is terrible, Quetz randomly flies off and get lost or dies when it is left on ground or air and neutral or passive.  Game crash always tends to happen while in air then you get back on you fall to your death lose your items and sometimes your bird.  Maybe add in a login invincibility timer if at a certain height or something.  Great game, I love this game but it is very broken in certain places that are very well known and need an immediate fix.  Minecraft is released as official game and I have found no bugs since its release date.  Just new stuff every once in awhile.  Though in my opinion they are taking way to long to bring them out.  Its okay to add major things a little later, everyone else is doing it.  Also maybe a possibility of changing facial features a little better including hair.  I support Gigas are way overpowered.

you lost a lot of good worker on this willcard, i hope no other guys have to pass through this

what is the point? what is the thing to understand in that result? matematicaly it's impossible ! recalculate, if you folow the rules you make you can not have this result

seriusly look a this and look at the result we have been totaly killed, exacly like in the first contest, we where first with more than 50 vote from the second

Capturettt.PNG

if you have a problem with us tell us please, you make an interview of the team for an comunity crunch just befor the contest result to <3 us like that? realy? it's because we are <3 frog eaters?

Edited by TheModCookers

The way the mod contest occured was just a shame. My experience with the Wildcard Studio was really bad :

- I never had answers from admins on forums to my questions concerning the contest.

- I never received confirmation about my submission (like everyone, i suppose).

- We had the information that the submission period was prolongated, just before the deadline. Too bad for people that planned things...

- the initially selected mods didn't all fit in the criterias (Originality/creativity, Overall graphical or functional quality/polish, Entertainment value). The winners were arbitrary designed, no competition at all, no chance for the others.
I think it was just a pretext to have free and quality content for the release of the game. Some mods were really good (stargate, NaturalWildlife and others) but never had a chance to compete while some initially selected mods really sucks.

Please be sure I really enjoy with the Ark game and the community, some people are really nice and helpful, I had good time and learned many things, but things are too hazardous and arbitrary for me...

20 minutes ago, mokauno said:

The way the mod contest occured was just a shame. My experience with the Wildcard Studio was really bad :

- I never had answers from admins on forums to my questions concerning the contest.

- I never received confirmation about my submission (like everyone, i suppose).

- We had the information that the submission period was prolongated, just before the deadline. Too bad for people that planned things...

- the initially selected mods didn't all fit in the criterias (Originality/creativity, Overall graphical or functional quality/polish, Entertainment value). The winners were arbitrary designed, no competition at all, no chance for the others.
I think it was just a pretext to have free and quality content for the release of the game. Some mods were really good (stargate, NaturalWildlife and others) but never had a chance to compete while some initially selected mods really sucks.

Please be sure I really enjoy with the Ark game and the community, some people are really nice and helpful, I had good time and learned many things, but things are too hazardous and arbitrary for me...

remember some mods like the stargate mod couldnt be in the contest due to copyright infringements.

30 minutes ago, hogs said:

Thank you to everyone that voted for my mod! As with the last contest, that I didn't win, I'm still doing this for you guys! So thank you for the ideas and thank you for the support!

well deserved mate, you know how much I love your mod. Maybe the end results are a bit weird but nobody can deny you came first in your cat. For the losers, I know it must suck.

I love all your mods, I work them in to every video I make and most bases I built are sparked by your creativity. I hope none of you delete their mods because you lost, you will not hurt Wildcard, but you will dissapoint a lot of fans who did vote for you.

In regards to the 1000 people not being able to vote sounds kinda off to me, don't think it is the way to win something, people who already were on here and post often got a chance to vote, people who got an account after the noms were out and started spamming certain parts of the forums should be banned, cause that is how you rigg a competition imo.

and once again Hogs gratz mate :D now I can stop checking the forum every hour hahahahaha 

5 minutes ago, Velice said:

Hi guys! I know that you all are occupied talking about the mod contest (what is obvious) but I have a question xD

There is any prize for winning ARKart? I have seen something in the Contest post, but that info is not clear. Not for me, maybe ^^'

Hiya mate gratz on winning :D price is 200 USD I think it is for the Arkitekt comp :D

Now, looking at it, I can see why some people are upset, but the numbers CAN add up to where they wanted.  Anytime you get one side having more control than the other, the numbers can meak whatever you want them to.  Let me explain:
First place votes gets a straight 40/100 (that's the top percentage available).
Ark Devs want mod X instead, so they give no points to the fan fave and suddenly the fan fave has only 40, whereas the Ark Dev fave gets 60 (their percentage).  The devs were the only votes that mattered.  If it wasn't to be chosen by the people, then it shouldn't have been put to the people.  Boaty McBoatface is ashamed.

Here's a simple example of how it could have gone- https://gyazo.com/e252e3b2f864e0fab65fb46a16d67708

I think we need to be more concerned about the complete lack of communication regarding the broken Center launch.

6 hours ago, The Lime Inc. said:

In regards to the 1000 people not being able to vote sounds kinda off to me, don't think it is the way to win something, people who already were on here and post often got a chance to vote, people who got an account after the noms were out and started spamming certain parts of the forums should be banned, cause that is how you rigg a competition imo.

This is, unfortunately, exactly correct.

I know most people don't have minds that work this way, but there are those that would have their friends create as many dummy forum accounts as possible to rig the vote otherwise... spamming posts to qualify as they go.  It would be great if such restrictions weren't necessary, but they are, and you can't run a competition of any sort without taking precautions like that.

Please understand that the above is not an accusation towards anyone in the competition.  I have a feeling that most instances of post spamming were done by individual people simply trying to qualify so they could take part, but the only way to stop it from happening on a large scale as a vote manipulation technique would be to stop it on the small scale as well.

• Volunteer Moderator
38 minutes ago, Stefano8710 said:

Hey I have a question about the dragon boss coming out soon, just wondering if there would be a way to obtain a egg or be able to tame it, something like that so that we could have our own dragon. Thanks.

Bosses are not tameable i'm afraid, and they are restricted to the boss arenas so you can't keep them.

On 5/21/2016 at 4:45 AM, TheModCookers said:

you lost a lot of good worker on this willcard, i hope no other guys have to pass through this

what is the point? what is the thing to understand in that result? matematicaly it's impossible ! recalculate, if you folow the rules you make you can not have this result

seriusly look a this and look at the result we have been totaly killed, exacly like in the first contest, we where first with more than 50 vote from the second

Capturettt.PNG

if you have a problem with us tell us please, you make an interview of the team for an comunity crunch just befor the contest result to <3 us like that? realy? it's because we are <3 frog eaters?

ORP didn't even make the cut, so when you can explain that one you will have a place to bitch.

• lilpanda unfeatured and unpinned this topic