Alpha Reaper Barbs and Scales?

PvtFr0sty

1 hour ago, PvtFr0sty said:

Why is it so hard to find these items on aberration for a boss fight i have been looking for months and I can't find anything is there anyway to have the developers fix the spawn rates on this so we can finish this game on official.

if your on solo, you might need to do a dino wipe. If not, the only place I was able to find them was on the surface. Look for the red smoke in the ground, like an alpha deathworm

For the alpha reaper I just bring one of my highly mutated megalos up to the big surface and go around killing every reaper I see until an alpha spawns. Its actually pretty quick that I run into an alpha reaper this way, within a day or 2 usually. When I used to just fly around looking for one with my rock drake without killing any, it took forever.

As for the Basalisk scales, best I can say is the same thing basically. Go to the portal and kill EVERYTHING, leave for a few minutes and come back and repeat. You can check around the big lake as well but your best bet is in the portal. This one is more difficult to find than the alpha reaper in my opinion since it can spawn anywhere on the map basically.

for the alpha reaper i highly recommend the red surface (from radiation side) reason being, this surface get 3 drop (1 more than others surface) its fairly large, and down the way you can pack a lot of megalo, spino, and just lure the alpha when it do spawn, to find it easy, the best way is to just run arround with a fully imprinted drake, jsut run, and dodge a normal reaper wont catch up with you BUT an alpha will ! (so if something bite your butt you got a winner ^^)

if you got some ressource to invest in it, you can set up a TP up there, with some velo, or a managarmr (for killing purpose) as velo and managarmr does pierce dmg

or if you dont wanna waste time fighting, just lure the reaper away from theyr spawn, and make them fall from the surface, it will despawn them forcing a respawn (a bit like reaper queen)

Archived