List of 100 Things that grinds my gears

BadDodo

As a new player and having my first time of experiencing hundreds of hours in a single player game and here is the list of everything that annoys the heck out of me. 

Note: this is mostly satire and is meant to deliver my message to the devs in a much more entertaining manner. so please PM me if you found something that offends you in the list

1. When you ride you winged buddy but then you dismounted yourself midair and they end up hovering mid air so you have to build a ladder just to reach that guy 23 design flaw on the game 23 design flaw on the game, nerf one out 148 design flaw on the game
  2. When the ladder you've built has reached a limit and you can't even whistle at it from a distance, so you have to tame a second flyer and build a second saddle FFS please just make a hold E to dismount as an option
  3. When your perch your pteradon in a rock, but you forgot to disable following, so you have to perch it a second time Cant argue with this since this is mostly my fault
  4. When you can't tell the difference and got mixed up between passive and neutral stance Someone need to change neutral to vigilante mode and passive to not give a $#%& mode
  5. When you drugged the animal you're targeting but you scorpions won't stop attacking Cant you like give even more specific set AI
  6. When your trained raptor got outrun by a bear someone pls nerf the direbear's weight limit and top speed
  7. When you're passive taming a bigfoot but the you touched him Jeez at least make him full passive when being tamed
  8. When you have to name your pet with people name so you can identify it's gender megaloceros is a good example for gender identification
  9. When you just got rest by a gigas but then the devs want to add a laser cannon on it 
  10. When kidnapping and drugging become a design flaw then the devs ends up making bondage tools Cant you at least give us something we can use to combat torpor
  11. When you're on a boa egg raid but your m8s got wrecked by three passing sarcos Someone should balance the herbivore to carnivore ratio in the swamp
  12. When you're a noob and has spent hours leading a lyto to your base, only to find a second lower levelled lyto in front of your door Please just make it so i can hold my lyto in my arm
  13. When a highly endorsed mod that claims they add new dinos only to find out that they just added smaller version of bosses and their new boss battle is with a dodorex Someone should've guessed which mod I'm roasting
  14. When that same mod has neutered all of your older dinos, so you gotta sacrifice the lava beaver you've just tamed so you can delete the mod 
  15. When your argy can lift a giant centipede but can't even lift a tiny doed please balance this or somehow explain it to me why
  16. When you wasted your metals only to find out that you can't fish with a grappling hook can this be a thing pls pls pls
  17. When you've prepared to kill a raptor but then a second raptor arrived, only to be followed by a third and a fourth one
  18. When your weight trained ptera tryna help you fight but you accidentally killed it with your pike RIP the mother to my two petra babies
  19. When your perched ptera couple laid more egg then four of your caged dillos Can you make it harder for big dino to lay an egg and easier for small dino to lay eggs for realism of course
  20. When you've spent three hour leading a battle out of the cave, then the next day you're able to hold it in your hand
  21. When you installed too much mod that you now have an engram for six different narcotic pike When this happen, you know what you should have added in the next update
  22. When you're trying to fish a coel with a petra only to realise that you can't why is it that a quetzal can lift frickin mammoth but can't even lift a small fish? 
  23. When your frog got stuck on a tree but it then got launched to space when you chopped that tree RIP Pepe
  24. When you tryna to tame your rex with prime steak but i got expired before you get to bring to your rex
  25. When your spino lost a dino duel with another spino because they got helped by a dragonfly these little bastart aren't even dangerous, they're just plain annoying
  26. When a flock of argent took over your perching post, so you have to rest in a top of a rock Damn fat eagles need to chill
  27. When your moral got questioned while chopping a dead baby penguin, but you realised that you really need the prime meat to feed to it's mother that you just got drugged
  28. When your tamed dilo died of suffocation because it got stuck on a beaver nest All you have to do is to fix the damn Pathfinding AI CJ
  29. When you wasted your time killing turtles for cementing paste, only to find too many of it in a beaver's nest
  30. When you wasted your time diving in freezing temperature for pearls, only to find too many of it in a beaver's nest
  31. When your parasaur won't lay egg because you named all of the female with a gender neutral name 
  32. When the wild dimetrodon you brought home to tame kill your monkey, then only to find it killed by my direbear
  33. When you wasted time taming an doed only to have it outclassed by Kylo Ren ankylosaur but the armadillo can gather rocks by itself, so it was nice
  34. When your bear trap was so well hidden that you stepped on it accidentally many times 
  35. When your quetzal can walk faster than a sprinting bronto apparently nerfing doesn't exist in the dev's dictionary
  36. When you never got to see a unicorn because the devs is too busy planning to add a dragon into the game and three more crocodiles into the game
  37. When the child you thought therizino was cool af, only to find out that the therizino in Ark looks like a platypus but really it's was a good design so i won't blame you
  38. When stated genocide in the eastern seas to find for oil, only to find even more on it in a shore of a snow biome
  39. When you just tamed your first itchy then three megalodon decided to feast on it Sharks! why do you wait for me to tame it before brutally murdering it
  40. When the megalodon you've spent hour to tame, got rekt by a school of manta
  41. When the hidden lake respawned hundred of beavers but won't respawn any coel in it
  42. When the beaver's nest make better fish trap than your makeshift box 
  43. When the direwolf pack that just slaughtered you carno, just got wrecked by your direbear teddy bear just got too overpowered at this moment
  44. When you built a really tall pillar of ladders only to find out that you've put it from the wrong side
  45. When you m8 gave you a radio but you play games the same room as him So i have to role-play trough the day just to respect his effort
  46. When you thought that the industrial forge taken too much resource, then someone on the forum showed you the engram to the ascendant quetzal platform saddle
  47. When wasted 8 wooden foundation only to get that perfect angle
  48. When you got in a fight with your m8 over the hidden lake, because you both doesn't want to live in the same base, but you remembered that he is your roommate But he still want to play ark with me so it was nice
  49. When you got hyped for the biome change, but your luxury beachfront villa is in the change radius Gotta start dismantling my beachfront villa one by one
  50. When the mod you've just installed asked for a lot of engram point, but you can barely manage to have all of the vanilla engram
  51. When you ran out of people names for your dino so you have to google for baby names Gender identification pls
  52. When you mind wiped yourself because you doesn't like the sets engram you've chosen, but ends up picking the same sets of engrams
  53. When you died many times trying to kill an alpha, then found another alpha got stuck in a palm tree
  54. Them my favs map become a DLC but i have to wipe out my old save if i want to keep playing in that map
  55. When you doesn't have time to play ark, because you have children to feed. if it were not for the funny cencorshing, I would have made a great puns
  56. When you doesn't have tome to explore ark because you have too many dino to feed
  57. When you have to dismount your dino just so you can use your pistol to kill the nearby raptor so..... do you guys have any plan for any mounted combat
  58. When you're in a skirmish and your legion of terror bird got rekt by your m8 dire bear solo N-E-R-F-I-N-G that's how you spell it
  59. When you're on a dropbox hunting for some free bullets, but you ends up going home with a crop plot engram Getting sick and tired of getting the same engram all over
  60. When your dodo poops make as much fertiliser as your t-rexes's poop
  61. When you barely explored the main game, and the just gone their way adding a brand new and bigger map in the DLC
  62. When you keep accidentally killing your target with the tranquilliser arrow, but then again, the dart is just to damn expensive
  63. When the new DLC only look good in the screenshot, but looks so damn unorganised in the actual gameplay but i still gonna give the designer props for the huge efforts he put
  64. When your religious m8 flips out in front of you because the monkey drops human poop
  65. When you've hunted so much prime beef, but all of it become a rotten beef before you got the chance to bring one home If you won't nerf, can you at least buff the prime beefs
  66. When you have to question your morality again when you have to bring out your baby petra to be slaughtered because you ran out of kibble
  67. When when you left you cooking pot to make kibbles for hours only to realise that you forgot to add water to the pot i really have to get that industrial cooker, but it's just to damn expensive
  68. When you got forced to drop tons of berries and fibres from your direbear because you were only looking for narcotic ingredients I promise i won't get mad once you nerf the bear
  69. When your tamed scorpion became picky won't eat the rotten beefs on the trough I mean it dude, isn't rotten beef supposed to be your favourite
  70. When i can't think of a better pun for this part of the post sorry but I'm not gonna risk my profile for it
  71. When you've just got a great idea for a Sarco leather armour, but you remembered that time PETA roasted pokemon like what the dodo is wrong with these guys
  72. When you wasted 100 sparkpowder to refine oils, only to be told that you also need to use hide
  73. When you got too many egg but not enough meat jerky to make kibbles 
  74. When you got too many meat jerky but not enough egg to make kibbles 
  75. When you spent so much bolas trying to pin a running gallimimus, but it got eaten by a shark when i tried to run away into the water
  76. When you moved to the small island in the north, expecting it to be some sort of safe haven 
  77. When not even a fur armor gonna helps you survive the winter you are weak, your bloodline are all weak, you will not survive the winter
  78. When your trying to tame two compys at once but the other one keeps waking up while one other keep attacking you
  79. When a wild argy tried to disturb your dinosaur fight club all i want is to farm exp so my spino can level up
  80. When Peta broke into your server, poisoned you lyto and sabre because you've just poached so many rhinos to tame the giant centipede
  81. When the game description said that you can find advanced crop out in the wild, but you personal experience determined that it was a lie
  82. When the devs can't fix bugs because they're too occupied on making competition but i had a fun and we all had fun
  83. When you want to cook a lot of meat but you might die of hyperthermia from it why can't campfire just increase insulation, instead of temperature
  84. When you have to stand in the center of your house, because you might lost the shelter buff when you got too close to the door someone really have to test that one first
  85. When you spent your engram points on re-fertilizer i would be so much nicer if you include a simulation that also tells the radius of the refertilizer
  86. When you brought ark before the price reduction but it was worth for every money i've spent
  87. When you tried to play the game on macbook this game actually allows me to make some fried egg while brushing trough the minimum quality graphic, good thing i got a PC
  88. When you tried to feed the bigfoot inside the snow cave
  89. When you just watched Jurassic world and got paranoid af for dinosaur with chameleon ability especially after you heard from a guy that got attacked by a ninja gigas
  90. When people bragged about them taming a gigas, while you were just sitting there taming a paracer 
  91. When you still can use guns while mounting on your direbear
  92. When you want to use shield but you still want to use spear/pike it was all just for the sake of balancing so more people will actually use sword
  93. When you want to try the xbox version too, but the xbox release got a ton of backlash someone please convince me otherwise
  94. When you want to migrate all of your dino to a new place but the raft can't platform dinosaurs and a bronto caravan is just too risky
  95. When you to sink into your own crippling depression but all you want it to stay alive long enough to see a titan AKA bronto with steroids
  96. When you were trying find metal in the mountain but end up being chased down and eaten by a gigas AKA t-rex with steroids
  97. When you were farming for angler gel but end up having your itchy got eaten alive by mosasaurus AKA sarco with steroids
  98. When you were trying out your brand new longneck rifle that you've just crafted AKA crossbow on steroid
  99. When you were celebrating halloween in the ark but ends up glaring at the dodorex AKA Satan
  100. When your PC is a Lamborghini but your internet in a Reliant Robin I would have spent more time in OC server and have a lot more to complain about

Here i shall leave it for you to continue the list, or have have an actual discussion on some of my rants (I'm not lying here, i really want to have discussion and take criticism of my list).Mods please don't put my thread into the trash box

15 minutes ago, BadDodo said:

When you want to try the xbox version too, but the xbox release got a ton of backlash someone please convince me otherwise

...did it get a big backlash? I have enjoyed it immensely. The only reason I would ever go back to PC is if I got full xbox controller support, and that is only because I want to ride around on a dragon and use the GOT mod! 

Xbox plays very similar to my "middle of the road gaming PC", I just have friends who have xboxes and can play with me. I would suggest giving it a shot, you can play for 1 hour for free!

i didnt read all of the list but. Heres a few for me:

1) When you have to much speed on a bird and you hop off it and it lanches you far away and you have the bird on follow and its just flying circles round you and is impossible to stop ;-;
2) When you have High level tames and ARK Updates to a new Version and Mods get rekt and have to send a update and it nerf's the raptor out of your high lvl dinos ;-; I had a lvl 1700 Drake and it had heaps in weight hp melee speed and stam but the mod updated and its now like throwing foam at a tank hoping the tank explodes ;-;

24 minutes ago, BadDodo said:

Cant you at least give us something we can use to combat torpor

We have Stimberries.... if you have your open iven and have stims in you 6-0 slot you can mass eat them by holding down the respective slot

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, KoopaTheTurtle said:

1) When you have to much speed on a bird and you hop off it and it lanches you far away and you have the bird on follow and its just flying circles round you and is impossible to stop ;-;
2) When you have High level tames and ARK Updates to a new Version and Mods get rekt and have to send a update and it nerf's the raptor out of your high lvl dinos ;-; I had a lvl 1700 Drake and it had heaps in weight hp melee speed and stam but the mod updated and its now like throwing foam at a tank hoping the tank explodes ;-;

We have Stimberries.... if you have your open iven and have stims in you 6-0 slot you can mass eat them by holding down the respective slot

Not while handcuffed.

6 hours ago, KoopaTheTurtle said:

we have stimulent 40- torpor you get nocked out at 25

12 hours ago, panteni87 said:

I thought campfires provided insulation instead of higher temperature?

They do provide hypothermic insulation. Nothing in the game actually raises or lowers the temperatures in the game. so holding H to see the temp isn't a good way to judge if a fire or AC is helping. All sources of fire up the Hypothermic resistance while lowering Hyperthermic. AC's (Air Conditioners) provide a buff to both. 

22 hours ago, Rancor said:

They do provide hypothermic insulation. Nothing in the game actually raises or lowers the temperatures in the game. so holding H to see the temp isn't a good way to judge if a fire or AC is helping. All sources of fire up the Hypothermic resistance while lowering Hyperthermic. AC's (Air Conditioners) provide a buff to both. 

The more you know

On 5/20/2016 at 4:44 AM, BadDodo said:

As a new player and having my first time of experiencing hundreds of hours in a single player game and here is the list of everything that annoys the heck out of me. 

Note: this is mostly satire and is meant to deliver my message to the devs in a much more entertaining manner. so please PM me if you found something that offends you in the list

1. When you ride you winged buddy but then you dismounted yourself midair and they end up hovering mid air so you have to build a ladder just to reach that guy 23 design flaw on the game 23 design flaw on the game, nerf one out 148 design flaw on the game
  2. When the ladder you've built has reached a limit and you can't even whistle at it from a distance, so you have to tame a second flyer and build a second saddle FFS please just make a hold E to dismount as an option

Spy glass, if you use that and whistle follow it works over pretty much any distance. I prefer it when my birds hover after I accidentally throw myself off, as it means they wont get eaten on my journey back.

When your trained raptor got outrun by a bear someone pls nerf the direbear's weight limit and top speed

I am sure all the stats will be optimized prior to full release of game... Maybe...

When you have to name your pet with people name so you can identify it's gender megaloceros is a good example for gender identification

I don't understand why gender identification from a glance is an issue?

When your perched ptera couple laid more egg then four of your caged dillos Can you make it harder for big dino to lay an egg and easier for small dino to lay eggs for realism of course

Egg laying is based on location, were you closer to your ptera while playing, or were they close together? I have found that dilos drop heaps more eggs than my ptera.

When your tamed scorpion became picky won't eat the rotten beefs on the trough I mean it dude, isn't rotten beef supposed to be your favourite

This is a strange bug, it was probably eating from a different trough, dinos don't always eat from the closest one... Unless it was actually dying of starvation, in which case, just throw away all the old spoiled meat stacks, and replace with "new" spoiled meat.

Ever seen a bear running? A normal grizzly goes 35 mph. (50km/h)

You would be surprised to see this. many miscalculated on this fact thinking bears are slow, watching them from 200-300 mtrs, then watch the other direction for a few seconds and then have to gtf in their cars and drive away because the bloody hairy thing was almost on top of them.

1 hour ago, NukeZX said:

Ever seen a bear running? A normal grizzly goes 35 mph. (50km/h)

You would be surprised to see this. many miscalculated on this fact thinking bears are slow, watching them from 200-300 mtrs, then watch the other direction for a few seconds and then have to gtf in their cars and drive away because the bloody hairy thing was almost on top of them.

I was not aware of that, thanks for the fun fact @NukeZX. The only bears I ever worry about in Australia is drop bears.

Archived