Really want to enjoy this game...

ThePerseverer

3 hours ago, ThePerseverer said:

It's just so demoralising to have absolutely everything destroyed by a high level player once you have gotten so far and put so much time in. Does anyone recommend any servers where this happens less?

This is why I’ll probably never go to a PVP server. This game is fun, but grindy and time-consuming. The thought of doing all that work and then poof gone after a raid? Nope. I’d set my console on fire lol

I'm trying a different strat of making multiple, well hidden, 1 foundation wide metal buildings now, and having a couple of storage boxes in them, hoping the smaller buildings will attract less attention, and if one gets destroyed, I won't have to start again as I'll have others elsewhere. PVE would work for learning the game, but I kind of like the idea of PVP.

20 hours ago, Doomette said:

This is why I’ll probably never go to a PVP server. This game is fun, but grindy and time-consuming. The thought of doing all that work and then poof gone after a raid? Nope. I’d set my console on fire lol

Not much different than pve when, I dunno...the game just randomly start eating any item or pokeball you have - if not all of them at once - at any given time?

Offical pve servers are so lagged and spammed that people will play on pvp servers to escape it, even if they just want to pve. They put up with people being able to destroy their stuff in order to just be able to play the game. Single player is broken so you're only real option to "just play the game" without pvp is to either rent a server or join an unofficial pve cluster.

4 hours ago, Masurao said:

Not much different than pve when, I dunno...the game just randomly start eating any item or pokeball you have - if not all of them at once - at any given time?

The end result is still the same, true, but I don’t know. Feels different when it’s the conscious effort of someone else rather than encountering some bad coding. Like if the game randomly bugs out and deletes my hoard of jerboa (dang things keep wandering into my base area and being too adorable lol), that wouldn’t feel as bad as someone coming inside my base and systematically slaughtering them all. 

But whatever floats your boat. I get the added danger makes the game more fun, y’all just have more stomach for it than me lol 

Archived