Gen2 boss fight is extremely laggy

EndlessDuck

My PC isn't brand new but It is good enough to run Genesis 2 map on the mix of high\ultra settings with stable 50-60 fps.
Went for Gamma boss today and the main enemy was FPS lag there. Horrid 30 fps! I even tried using potato setting but Id did'nt give me better result. The arena Itself is covered by weird grass which I cannot turn off using ground clutter settings, and this grass is a major sourse of lag for me.

The boss fight could be fun Is It wasn't a 30 fps disaster. Managed to finish It though, so there is that.

https://i.imgur.com/lYwVLGQ.png

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Prophet1993 said:

I did gamma boss alone with 2 reapers.

Got arround 40-50 fps  inside arena with i9 9900k, 32gb ram, rtx2080ti ....

All ultra settings and 1440p

Yeah and the majority of people don't have this kind of setup, nor can afford one.

The game itself runs fine on medium hardware pretty muhc anywhere except this area.
Wildcard needs to adress this poop

I don't even know what lags that location so bad. It is smaller than rings and much less detailed than Rockwell's butthole biome itself.
I blamed the grass in my first post, but nope... The same grass is all around Rockwells innards and the whole biome runs smooths as butter with lovely 60 fps.

I did gamma together with 1 tribemate, 8 shadowkittens, 2 reapers and 2 stegos.

I wonder if it's al the scripted content and stuff that's being spawned in at a fast pace. Not so much the sheer amount of the tentacles, but the constant spawning of the purple tentacles, mobs etc and replenishing stuff that the client/hardware can't keep up. Because lowering the quality made no noticable difference, it's as if the client just bottlenecks at loading the required assets fast enough.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2021 at 3:29 AM, Olivar said:

I wonder if it's al the scripted content and stuff that's being spawned in at a fast pace. Not so much the sheer amount of the tentacles, but the constant spawning of the purple tentacles, mobs etc and replenishing stuff that the client/hardware can't keep up. Because lowering the quality made no noticable difference, it's as if the client just bottl required assets fast enough.

I did the boss fight it was glitching out so much. When i went to hop off of my reaper the game just like froze but i was taking damage and died lost 10 reapers and 10 shadowmanes all the shadowmanes were imprinted and 3 were mutagen boosted so yeah thats fantastic

I did it yesterday with some random guy, he was screen lock the whole fight so I had to do everything, in the end, so after  ALL THE TIME WASTED , in the end he was screen locked and could not board the Mek and guess what, if the other person don't board the mek to shoot the combine ray power ranger style you fail LOL, so is better to do it solo, bravo !! 

• 5 months later...

I have the same problem. I play quite comfortably on any map. Experiencing some problems with FPS on Genesis 1 boss, but low settings help. But Genesis 2 boss is terrible. It was not a fight, but some kind of slideshow. And even completely low settings had no effect. I went through all the missions, I collected all the resources, but to defeat the boss, they are not needed - you need GTX 3090. 

Please adjust the settings to affect this location as well. 

Or write up-to-date system requirements in Steam so that people can see them and do not waste money and time on content that they will never see.

On 12/22/2021 at 3:21 AM, TiberLex said:

I have the same problem. I play quite comfortably on any map. Experiencing some problems with FPS on Genesis 1 boss, but low settings help. But Genesis 2 boss is terrible. It was not a fight, but some kind of slideshow. And even completely low settings had no effect. I went through all the missions, I collected all the resources, but to defeat the boss, they are not needed - you need GTX 3090. 

Please adjust the settings to affect this location as well. 

Or write up-to-date system requirements in Steam so that people can see them and do not waste money and time on content that they will never see.

i've been building PCs for 20+ years and you don't need a RTX 3090 to play Gen2 map and the boss fight, awhile back i got ark to play on a 768mb graphics card with 8GB of ram and was getting 60 to 70 average FPS and that was at the time of aberration or extinction releasing, i have a GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GPU with a AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics, 16GB ram and on medium to high i am getting average 70 to 80 FPS during the whole map, you do realize that at the time of your post they have done updates and optimization to the map right? the OG post was at the time of the release of Gen 2 and newly released games and DLCs are always gonna need optimizing after going live, not all in house fixes and such will suffice till it goes live, this is how game development works since online updates started.

Archived