Basically as its name implies, it is a shark toothed lizard, it could be slightly stronger than the rex due to its (if marginally) larger size, it could get the hydrated buff and possibly be more adept at swimming and harvesting prime fish. it could possibly also be pretty good at harvesting fiber, giving it a unique trait, or possibly a small platform saddle to prevent it being looked over. another idea I had was the ability to produce keratin over time passively due to its shark teeth. maybe it could be worse at higher altitudes in the same manner a Basilosaurus in the depths. maybe it and Spinosaurus could spawn in similar areas and would aggro upon each other due to similar food sources. By [REDACTED] please credit me as Reaper_Overlord if I am to get credited

Le Edit: A lot of good ideas in the comments, Imma put some up here, The bleed due to serrated shark teeth is nice, Pick up I never thought of, the those who called this a giga clone were wrong though, btw Call it a Carc or pronunciation is (Car-Car-oh-don-toe-Saur-us)

EDIT 2: I forgot to add an Idea I had when wandering Lowes w/ my dad, A tamed Carcharodontosaurus and tamed Spinosaurus would begin to fight each other if in close enough proximity for to long, meaning a reason to only pick one or build stables in a larger area

Carch.jpg

carcha.jpg

Edited by ReaperOverlord
I'd like to help some of the other Ideas commenters left get recognized
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Basically as its name implies, it is a shark toothed lizard, it could be slightly stronger than the rex due to its (if marginally) larger size, it could get the hydrated buff and possibly be more adep

Saw this years ago and always wanted it added 

Its just a giga.

Posted Images

Yes. I am all about those Theropods for sure! I think this particular beast should be strong in damage. Where a Rex is made for tanking this one is made to dish out the damage, even give it something of a debuff against enemy defense, such as a bleed or an armor sunder of sorts. On the flip side as a balance it could be forced to sleep at night, being a sort of polar opposite to the Megalosaurus. Being sluggish if forcibly awakened during the night but tremendously fast and destructive during the day.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Jannor said:

Yes. I am all about those Theropods for sure! I think this particular beast should be strong in damage. Where a Rex is made for tanking this one is made to dish out the damage, even give it something of a debuff against enemy defense, such as a bleed or an armor sunder of sorts. On the flip side as a balance it could be forced to sleep at night, being a sort of polar opposite to the Megalosaurus. Being sluggish if forcibly awakened during the night but tremendously fast and destructive during the day.

the rex is more of an all rounder, hard hitting while being a tank. but your right. if this thing was mainly offensive it'd be awesome. 

@ReaperOverlord nice to see you suggesting a large theropod. im also on the large theropod team for this vote. hope one gets picked. also it'd be cool to see more dino rivalries of sort in ark. seeing the spino and this thing fight would be interesting to see.

Was thinking this could be molded into an ark version of deviljho from monster hunter, which is a large theropod like monster that could pick up and throw smaller monsters with it's jaws. When it was originally discovered it was identified as a megalosaurus (which was later changed) and on the wiki it is cited at being able likely pick up great amount of weight with just it's jaw. So this would ultimately come out sort of like a giant megalosaurus that can pick up medium sized creatures (and maybe throwing), made possible by it's large head and ability to lift heavy things with it's jaws. This would make a great ark version of the infamous deviljho from monster hunter.

Wiki article:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carcharodontosaurus

Instead of what you suggested, my thoughts are to use its name as the main focus, Carcharodontosaurus means Shark Toothed Lizard. It would just be under Rex size but slightly faster. It's role would to bleed down creatures with a new unique bleed mechanic, the more you move, the more you bleed, if you stay still the bleed goes away but if you keep the other Dino moving, it takes masses amounts of damage. If a creature dies by a bleed then a blood rush mode is activated where they are fast, they deal more damage and have a slight damage reduction. The bleed can stack as is it's not a normal bleed where it's a set amount of damage, so it would help smaller tribes to deal with alpha tribes racer lines when they are soaking turrets.

As spawning wise, you will never find 2 or more Carcharodontosaurus near each other. Taming wise could be an egg stealing method or a more unique version of Troodon/Ferox taming where you let it bleed your tames, each time one dies to bleed it goes in its Blood Rush, you have to survive an amount of Blood Rush modes to fully tame it.

Edited by RaptorRapture19
5 hours ago, ReaperOverlord said:

Fondamentalement, comme son nom l'indique, c'est un lézard à dents de requin, il pourrait être légèrement plus fort que le rex en raison de sa taille (si marginalement) plus grande, il pourrait s'hydrater et être peut-être plus apte à nager et à récolter des poissons de premier ordre. il pourrait également être assez bon pour récolter la fibre, lui donnant un trait unique, ou peut-être une petite selle plate-forme pour éviter qu'elle ne soit négligée. une autre idée que j'avais était la capacité de produire de la kératine au fil du temps de manière passive grâce à ses dents de requin. peut-être que cela pourrait être pire à des altitudes plus élevées de la même manière qu'un basilosaure dans les profondeurs. peut-être que lui et le spinosaurus pourraient se reproduire dans des zones similaires et s'aggraveraient en raison de sources de nourriture similaires. Par [SUPPRIMÉ] veuillez me créditer en tant que Reaper_Overlord si je veux être crédité

Carch.jpg

carcha.jpg

Please make it true 

Being the real life enemy to the Spinosaurus (seeing as they frequently fought over land), this could be another tanky rex-like dinosaur. As for abilities, It can have the obvious bleed as it had razor sharp teeth in real life, but since it the part of the brain it had for smelling was quite large (indicating that it was good at sniffing), it could also have a smell ability where it does an animation and could reveal the location of players like the Parasaur (but this one of course would be for more offensive attacks rather then base defence). It could either track their footprints or just do the parasaur circle thing. 

Thats my pitch 

Link for reference: https://dinopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Carcharodontosaurus

eqweq.png

I thought of an idea to go with the new sauropod 

carcharadontosaurus will have a bleed but not a particularly strong one

i though also that it should get a buff when attacking sauropods to go well with the new amargassurus

it could possible have a roar to scare off large carnivores as well maybe Rex and Spinosaurus and allosaurus 

and also it will be funny to watch you tubers pronounce the name wrong

I really like this suggestion, the carcharodontosaurus has always been a favorite of mine and ever since arks release it has gotten tons of fan made dossiers and has had a big part of the community wanting it in game. 
Here is my pitch for the carcharodontosaurus based on a lot of these suggestions, some of those fan made dossiers back in the day as well as some of the information that we have of it in real life:

While not possessing the size of the giganotosaurus or the bone crushing jaws of the tyrannosaurus rex the carcharodontosaurus is still one of the deadliest carnivores on the ark. It would have slightly lower health, weight and melee damage than the rex but be much faster and have better stamina due to its lighter build. 

Bleed effect:
The carcharodontosaurus would also possess serrated shark like teeth (hence its name). These teeth would grant a bleed effect more powerful than any dinosaur in the game, this effect would on an initial bite not deal big amounts of damage however the duration of this bleed would stack with how many times you would be bitten by it meaning that over long fights it would become very deadly.

Sauropod buff:
The carcharodontosaurus is believed to have hunted large sauropods when it lived over 90 million years ago therefore it would be cool (especially with the addition of the new amargasaurus) if this dinosaur would deal increased damage if it were to fight a sauropod, perhaps it could even gain a buff similar to the megatherium fighting bugs.

Smell ability: (based on the idea by @GordoGoH)
Perhaps the Carcharodontosaurus best ability would be sniffing, revealing the locations of enemy players and dinosaurs, this ability would be similar to that of the parasaur but a lot stronger and more precise, revealing exact locations and providing better info on what is spotted. It would however only be manually usable if ridden and not a passive for balancing reasons.

In general I think it would fit as a less tanky but more offensive rex and i believe this set of abilities is very fitting for that role, I really hope this guy gets added.

The image linked is what I would want it to look like in terms of its color regions and general design, the dossier image sent by @N0ble in this thread is also a good example.

carcharodontosaurus.jpg

Edited by TheBreadDog

I also thought about submitting this. 
But my idea would be a pretty territorial Apex Predator, attacking even other Apex Carnivores, giving him a rivalry buff against apex, alpha and Bosses (activating it via roar?). 
Maybe not as tanky as a Rex but faster and probably more damage/bleed/armor penetration

I like the dino but the some of the ideas have been done to death. It is carnivore that does a bleed is an allo or carno. Hydrate buff would make it a spino. we already have gigas so why would we need another giga. 

The only thing i can think off for a new large carnivore is a carnivore hunter. Something that gets a buff against other large carnivores only. you would hyave something that can really threaten rexes and gigas and you are forced to use herbivores to deal with and enemy one.

• Yaroslav559 changed the title to The new dinosaur - Carcharodontosaurus
  • ReaperOverlord changed the title to Carcharodontosaurus, The Shark Toothed Slayer