Community Crunch 274: Introducing Lost Island, Amargasaurus, and More!

StudioWildcard

I would suggest the Masiakasaurus, because of the unique jaw that is has teeth protruding outwards. Its main attack could be a quick bite that would have a three second bleed.  The secondary attack would be a larger bite that would leave a broken bone effect akin to that of a Carno.

Masiakasaurus

The other creature I would recommend would be the Tanystropheus, which is unique for it's very long neck, and small body. Its main attack could be a normal bite, with the alternative attack that controls the neck, which could be used to fish, or be used as a tool to get to higher surfaces. the saddle could have a rope ladder that lies on top of the neck. To balance it, you could shorten the neck and have it elongate when you use the alternative attack.

Tanystropheus

I just thought these dinos were pretty unique, and wanted to put them out there.

Edited by Buckett67

I’d love to see either the Carcharodontosaurus, Brachiosaurus, or Ceratosaurus added. Also, can the T. rex please get a new TLC? It really needs something to make it relevant again. Even if it just had an additional attack (aside from it’s bite), and maybe be able to scare larger animals with it’s roar. After all, it is the King of the Dinosaurs!

Edited by Chinstrap8739

I was thinking the carcharodontosaurus would be a good option as a in between for the Rex and the Giga. They were a little bigger than the Trex and a little smaller than a giga. I was thinking its head could be inline with the gigas mouth size wise so it's smaller than giga but also bigger than rex. Since it had large flat serrated teeth like that of the great white shark for which it's named after it could be the best at gathering meat. In real life it could lift 1000lbs in its mouth. So why not allow it to lift anything stego size or smaller in its mouth and when you attack have it shake the animal around dealing massive damage. As for Rex, Spino, Giga Bronto etc. have it able to grapple on and then tear a chunk out for massive damage and bleed damage with cripple. Have it do about as much damage as giga but less health and faster moving. Also when it does its shake or tear move have it able to get meat even if animal isn't dead. To balance all that you could make it take way more meat to tame and keep fed than a giga. I started work trying to draw up a dossier and may post it later if people vote for this and like this idea for the new creature.

carcharodontosaurus1.jpg

carchar.jpeg

Edited by arhodes7

On 6/27/2021 at 3:24 AM, TheTwistedKeeper said:

Wait, will this be the last free DLC for ark? Or will there be others later on?

Community Crunch 271:

Thanks to Ark’s passionate community and a love for new content that fits its mold, what were once straightforward plans have become so much more. Through in-game events, free DLC maps, and continued game updates, we’re also polishing, addressing player feedback and fixing issues to make it a better game for everyone.

They wrote maps here, so I think there will be another one after Lost Island.

I like Cryolophosaurusas a new add, about the size of a Yuti, the crest on its head makes it easy for intra-species recognition (so dino recognition/heat sensor as a move). The ability to pin a smaller dino to the ground with it's foot. (click attack to tear at on ground and cause bleed affect) Speed rivaling the allos and a roar that makes smaller dinos scatter or larger ones aggro. Via. Wiki "Cryolophosaurus possessed a distinctive "pompadour" crest that spanned the head from side to side. Based on evidence from related species and studies of bone texture, it is thought that this bizarre crest was used for intra-species recognition. The brain of Cryolophosaurus was also more primitive than those of other theropods." 

GettyImages-460714337-5c6c916846e0fb000181fd2b.jpg

170px-CryolophosaurusDB.jpg

I'd love to see Pliosaurus funkei aka Predator X. It's the larges Mosasuar ever discovered, so i thought it could act as the Giga of the ocean, being absolty massive, really strong, really rare, and stupidly difficult to tame. I know the Mosa is said to be the giga of the sea, but, lets face it, it is much closer to the power level of a rex. https://scitechdaily.com/predator-x-officially-named-pliosaurus-funkei/ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pliosaurus#Pliosaurus_funkeipliosaurus-funkei

742749400_HomotheriumDossier.jpg.dfda348b6ff579b5cce21c9b3997f243.jpgI've been playing Ark for years and I think that an excellent creature could be Homotherium. Homotherium is a prehistoric mammalian predator that was know for hunting large mammals. In Ark, it could be a creature that is built to fight mammals. It could have a buff called "Mammal Ruler" that increases its damage by 50% against mammals. It has increased damage resistance by 40% when attacked by mammals. It could have a bleed that drains health and stamina by 1% over 10 seconds per stack (stacking up to 5 times) that also stacks up to 10 times on mammals and instead drains 2% health and stamina over 20 sec with mammals.

Dossier

Homotherium Mammuthavenator is a ferocious species of predator that has a unique adaptation that makes it capable of hunting down and killing any mammal. They are also able to latch onto bigger creatures as well as pin smaller creatures and survivors. It's sharp fangs are coated with a special saliva like liquid that it produces which causes victims of its deadly bite to become extremely exhausted and this liquid makes the wound burn and the victim bleeds profusely.

Despite its ferocity this creature can be tamed. To tame these creatures you have to find a pack of them that are sleeping and pet a sleeping cub. When you pet the little guy you feed it when it wakes up you run away with it and watch out for other creatures that will attack you. Then after a certain distance you must quickly feed it mammals until its tamed. Be careful because until its fully grown it will attack you and your tames randomly. Their sharp teeth and claws can absolutely desolate even the strongest armor Once fully grown it will finally have your trust and you can enjoy a wild ride with this mammal slaying beast!

Taming Method

Homotherium could spawn in groups with cubs following their mothers (the cub's level is determined by the level of the mother it is following). Homotherium periodically sleep throughout the day like shadowmanes. To tame a Homotherium you have to find a cub that is sleeping (the rest of the pride has to be sleeping as well otherwise you will be attacked) and pet it. Then feed it a piece of extraordinary kibble or mutton/prime meat and it will wake up. When it wakes up you have to pick it up and run away with it quickly. During this time, nearby creatures will aggro to you and players will be notified that you have the cub. Once you have ran at least 500 meters away from the place where you picked up the cub the aggroed creatures will stop attacking and players will no longer have a notification. At this point it is similar to raising an Indominous Rex from the Ark Additions mod combined with Troodon/Noglin taming. You have to sacrifice mammals to it (the worst to sacrifice in terms of efficiency and progress would be something like an Ovis but the best would be something like a Mammoth or a Paraceratherium). The mammals have to be awake and adults (like with Noglins how you can't use babies or unconscious creatures). What the Homotherium cub will then do is it will latch onto the mammal's neck and drain its health dry. If you don't have a mammal near it after sacrificing, a 1 minute countdown will begin, during this time you have to get your next mammal ready or else it will attack you. If you die, the taming starts over (you don't have to carry it, simply wait for it to fall asleep again and feed it then start sacrificing again). Once the sacrificing is complete it will be tamed but (like the Indominous Rex from Ark Additions) it will randomly go into a frenzy (noticeable when its eyes turn red and it roars) and attack you as well as your tames. This happens until it is fully grown and lasts for 5 min or until it kills you (in which case it ends early). Finally, it will be fully grown and there will be nothing more to do except make the saddle (learned at level 90 for 50 Engram points) and test it out. You can use weapons on its back and it can seat up to 2 players. 

Attacks

Left Click: Bite: 85 base damage, inflicts Beast Bleed for 10 sec per stack, stacks up to 5 times

Right Click: Claw swipe: 90 base damage, inflicts allo bleed for 10 sec, 5 sec cooldown

Hold Right click: Pounce: 20 base damage, hold to target, let go to release, latches onto a large creature and drains its health like a stego impaling something

C: Pin: 10 base damage, pins down smaller creatures and attacks repeatedly like a Deinonychus

X: Frightening Roar: no damage, scares away medium sized creatures and all mammals, buffs allied Homotheriums' damage by 30%, damage resistance by 40%, and health regen by 20%

Spacebar: Jump

Hold Spacebar: Targeted jump: no damage, let go to launch in that direction, if you come in contact with a climbable surface you will begin climbing

Other Info

Homotherium takes no fall damage from most heights but will sometimes take fall damage (but heavily reduced like Ravagers and Thylas).

They also get a pack bonus and gang bonus from allied Homotherium (the gang boost caps out at +4 meaning 5 individual Homotherium).

They can be told to sleep to regen health and stam faster at the cost of food.

They are immune to mammoth intimidation.

Homotherium can harvest pelt and hide with extreme efficiency.

Homotherium have a 50% weight reduction for meat, 30% weight reduction for chitin/keratin, 90% weight reduction for hide and a 95% weight reduction for pelt.

Hopefully you like this creature. Thanks!

Edited by ArkUser123
  • Like 1

Wild Card, I don't know if you noticed, but the Lost Island map is a dead giveaway (i.e. copy and paste) of the Elder Scrolls Tamriel map, up to the biomes and this bodes BAD news.

Unless the map is changed (thus delaying the release for a long time), there's a chance you will eventually receive a very nice (NOT!) lawsuit from Microsoft/Bethesda and I don't know if you can deal with it

I love the free maps and dinos, but this one got some issues that may require fixing - and fast

Im thinking the acrocanthosaurus would be a good new creature. It could be bigger than a rex but smaller than the giga, its saddle would fit up to 4 people 3 of wich could use guns, it would alao have 30% damage reduction and a bleed attack that would last for 5 seconds. It could also have the ability to gain aggro like the shadowmane then do a large head smash that would do more damage than a normal bite attack, it would also have a tail swing and a rage mode if it ate a certain material. It would be a good swimmer and would be found in the redwood forest, the swamp, and the desert, it would also be slower than a spino but faster than a rex. It would be tamed passivley like a troodon but it would need to eat less to tame.