Genesis Part 2: Bases in mission area

charlesgrq

6 hours ago, Zer02hero said:

Launch the mission from another terminal. Its based on the surrounding terrain and its not the players fault the mission areas aren't outlined.

Honestly there shouldn't be any missions on the main map anyway. To me it feels like they were just thrown in at the last minute to pad the mission count.

23 hours ago, Zer02hero said:

Launch the mission from another terminal. Its based on the surrounding terrain and its not the players fault the mission areas aren't outlined.

Our tribe asked that question and were mocked for building there. Like we knew this was going to be end spot for 1 terminal in a future patch. 10 Dino deaths so far n counting. 

Great job wildcard,not!

• Volunteer Moderator
On 6/24/2021 at 4:24 AM, charlesgrq said:

Will devs add the mission arena area limitation back and wipe these bases in the future?

This is probably a reverse of what they did in Gen1 blocking off so much of the map for missions.

And people bitched so much about it. Now you have an open map where anybody can build. People got what they asked for.

7 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

This is probably a reverse of what they did in Gen1 blocking off so much of the map for missions.

And people bitched so much about it. Now you have an open map where anybody can build. People got what they asked for.

Yeah shocking that gamers would want a map with plenty of space to build on in a building survival game. What idiots.

The hunt and torpor missions in gen 2 scream last minute rushed addition just to pump the mission count. They're all basically the exact same thing slightly tweaked.

Compare that with the rest of the missions that all got custom arenas and clearly have much more time and effort put into them.

If WC was going to rush out a few more missions that have a high likelihood of clashing with player bases or are susceptible to people purposely building in mission areas to troll then these crap missions shouldnt be a requirement for the boss battle and stryder tame.

They did a great job listening to player feedback by having missions use their own off-map arenas, then did a complete 180 for no reason.

29/06/2021 I was out farming and red text started flooding my screen, someone had started a mission and the mission dinos spawned in my base and started killing everything. Days of work gone in an instant. I purposely made an enclosed base to prevent this.  Did they not foresee this being a problem? Why are there even missions in build areas?

I must admit that I hated build restrictions on Gen1 so much. I build high enough to be save from mission zones just to be on the more careful side of things. But sure, it sucks. Friend of mine had a lvl 300 shadowmane spawn in his gacha house and it basically raptored up every rare gacha he had breed over month. 

Instead of using cheap "no build zones" they should make it so that mission animals can only be attacked and only attack people who participate in missions. With that no one gets hurt and you can still build freely. 

On 6/25/2021 at 5:27 PM, Joebl0w13 said:

Wouldn't have taken that much to displace the mission mobs if there's buildings detected in their spawn zone to either side of the buildings + 100 meters.

AND allow turrets to target the mission mobs for defence and not give them amplified powers against buildings.
Had a mission shadowmane do it's teleport attack inside a tek shield and destroy it, hit it for 5 million damage....

4 hours ago, Gelantious said:

Wouldn't have taken that much to displace the mission mobs if there's buildings detected in their spawn zone to either side of the buildings + 100 meters.

AND allow turrets to target the mission mobs for defence and not give them amplified powers against buildings.
Had a mission shadowmane do it's teleport attack inside a tek shield and destroy it, hit it for 5 million damage....

Its a new way to raid. Why tame high level stegos and soak when you can just start a mission !

• 1 month later...
On 6/30/2021 at 6:48 AM, Mephos said:

I must admit that I hated build restrictions on Gen1 so much. I build high enough to be save from mission zones just to be on the more careful side of things. But sure, it sucks. Friend of mine had a lvl 300 shadowmane spawn in his gacha house and it basically raptored up every rare gacha he had breed over month. 

Instead of using cheap "no build zones" they should make it so that mission animals can only be attacked and only attack people who participate in missions. With that no one gets hurt and you can still build freely. 

Yesterday I just lost over 60 tames. Over 6 lvl150 shadowmanes and 1 lvl 300 spawn INSIDE my base. 
They shredded everything before I could kill them. Pretty much all my structures (fridges, smithy, chem bench, etc) got wiped out.
It was devastating to see all that going away.

On 8/4/2021 at 4:26 PM, Whoever said:

Yesterday I just lost over 60 tames. Over 6 lvl150 shadowmanes and 1 lvl 300 spawn INSIDE my base. 
They shredded everything before I could kill them. Pretty much all my structures (fridges, smithy, chem bench, etc) got wiped out.
It was devastating to see all that going away.

If I was standing in my base and saw those thing spawn in my base Id probably insta log out and hope they dont destroy too much in the 10 seconds it takes for ORP to turn on. PVE of course.

Archived