Bugged Breeding?

WolganRenegade

That is okay..I literally went through 500+ eggs before I got a new mutation. As in...NO MUTATION AT ALL for 500+ eggs.

Then I finally got one. That being said, I posted something here and others stated they have had twins.

My advice: get a pair of unicorns (male and female) and make sure they are nearby the two tames you are breeding. Should increase your chances because I think the chances of mutations, twins and triplets MAY have been altered with the egg incubator roll out.

I also haven't had any multiples since gen2 and everyone has always teased me on my multiple baby luck, even with no other dinos to help

I've always gotten lots of twins and triplets but lately nothing. It's strange and sad but I'm not going to alter how I do it. I'll wait for them to

get around to realizing this is an error and fixing it. 

old man GIF

11 hours ago, BubbaGuy said:

My advice: get a pair of unicorns (male and female) and make sure they are nearby the two tames you are breeding.

To make yourself feel better about your chances despite it changing nothing. Unicorns don't have any special properties. They're pointy horses. They don't make twins and mutations happen.

1 hour ago, AllOfTheAllos said:

To make yourself feel better about your chances despite it changing nothing. Unicorns don't have any special properties. They're pointy horses. They don't make twins and mutations happen.

Did they nerf these? I stopped playing shortly after Aberration came out and recently got back into the game. Back then they did and I did not see anything in patch notes concerning this.

4 minutes ago, BubbaGuy said:

Did they nerf these? I stopped playing shortly after Aberration came out and recently got back into the game. Back then they did and I did not see anything in patch notes concerning this.

Unicorns always were just pointy horses. Sometimes you get lucky with getting twins, triplets, and mutations. Sometimes you don't. Sometimes you have an unicorn nearby when you get lucky and start believing that the horse made it happen.

46 minutes ago, AllOfTheAllos said:

Sometimes you have an unicorn nearby when you get lucky and start believing that the horse made it happen.

Well see that is odd...back then I was in a megatribe we had two pairs in the breeding pen (when we had to have the tames set to wander) and two pairs in the incubation chambers. About one out of twenty eggs were twins for us. Before I joined them, played for almost 3 months and never hatched/birthed a single set of twins.

38 minutes ago, BubbaGuy said:

Well see that is odd...back then I was in a megatribe we had two pairs in the breeding pen (when we had to have the tames set to wander) and two pairs in the incubation chambers. About one out of twenty eggs were twins for us. Before I joined them, played for almost 3 months and never hatched/birthed a single set of twins.

And when I breed I sometimes get twins often, sometimes none in months. Regardless of whether I'm breeding rexes/argents (far from my unicorn stable) or try for anything good with gasbags/ankylos (which live right by the stable, because like hell I'm adding and keeping filled another trough). Twins are random, mutations too, and unicorns are pointy horses.

14 hours ago, BubbaGuy said:

That is okay..I literally went through 500+ eggs before I got a new mutation. As in...NO MUTATION AT ALL for 500+ eggs. Then I finally got one. That being said, I posted something here and others stated they have had twins. My advice: get a pair of unicorns (male and female) and make sure they are nearby the two tames you are breeding. Should increase your chances because I think the chances of mutations, twins and triplets MAY have been altered with the egg incubator roll out.

Sadly unicorns is a myth. With that said, can confirm the mutations issue. Iv busted about 500 eggs myself and only got one mutation. Of course it was in food. x.x

3 hours ago, BubbaGuy said:

Yea the unicorns thing is a complete myth, never existed.

Ha ha, this unicorn myth is very hard to die, even after devs confirmed in March 2020 that such thing doesn't exist :

No, there is no dino in ARK that has the ability to affect the chances of mutations, twins, triplets, etc. I just confirmed with design and QA

Source : https://twitter.com/ComplexMinded/status/1235283589597626369

Archived