Maewings and feeding troughs.

VidarFeral

55 minutes ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Wait so if you have no feeding trough present the juveys and adolescents will continue to eat from the maewings teets ? I thought it was just a baby phase thing.

From my experience they are starving if jouvenile but no normal feeding through present.

Only babies can eat from the Maewing. They are not a replacement for feeding throughs.

4 hours ago, Zapha said:

Made just a test too. Now jouvenile can really eat from the Maewing too.

But I'm confused about the range number. The Maewing has 1170 Range but this is only equal to ~3 Foundations? If I move the jouvenile more than 3 foundations away it can't eat anymore.

Yeah the range is really low. The 1000 it starts with seems like 1000 centimeters. 

You also cant name your Mae "Milk Jugs" .... because jugs is censored yet I see all sorts of colorful wonderful language in chat errday.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, Ganelon said:

I mean... there are nipples spraying milk... but Jugs offends??? 

Names I use: Tiddy, Nips, Nipper, Bazooms, Hooters, etc...

On Xbox, the chat is filtered by Microsoft Live. It's not WildCards doing. The strangest stuff gets filtered.

On 6/29/2021 at 1:23 AM, Joebl0w13 said:

On Xbox, the chat is filtered by Microsoft Live. It's not WildCards doing. The strangest stuff gets filtered.

Yeah as a heavily pro Free Speech Aussie I was wondering why 75% of my messages weren’t going through….figured it was big tech over reach censorship 😑, I just wish there was a way for me to disable it on my cluster given I’m the owner and ppl have complained about the overly sensitive chat filter.

On 6/28/2021 at 11:23 AM, Joebl0w13 said:

I'm on playstation so are you blaming Sony too ?

How would Microsoft be responsible for restricting speech in tame names and commands but not the in-game chat ? 

• 1 month later...
On 6/25/2021 at 8:40 AM, Stiffeno said:

Babies, Juvies and Adolescent can all eat from a Platypus, fully raised a Shadowmane to adulthood with nothing in my two feeding troughs.

I did hear someone raised 10 babies from 1 Maewing and 2 starved, so I think there might be an 8 baby cap…given 8 nipples and only 8 surviving.

From my experience there is no baby cap. I've raised 35 ankylos at once from baby to adult with 1 maewing.

On 6/23/2021 at 2:43 AM, VidarFeral said:

"Given that Maewings give better food values to babies than alternative feeding methods"

Can someone explain what is meant by this cause I dont understand. How do maewings give better food values to babies? The only thing I can think of that gives an advantage is having the ability to have 300 stacks in the maewing instead of the 60 stacks in a standard trough or 100 in a tek trough. But that to me doesnt equal a better food value. It almost sounds like what is being said here is that each piece of meat being fed to a baby through a maewing gives more food to the baby than other methods.

17 hours ago, Zapha said:

From the wiki:

"Using in combination with a Procoptodon can reduce the rate at which food is consumed while giving the imprinting bonus, provided said Procoptodon is mate boosted and is female."

So it's maybe longer pauses between eating compared to feeding throughs, and Procoptodons can boost that bonus.

Yea I read that too in the wiki, but it sounds to me that its basically just explaining what a mate boosted female procoptodon does already. Dont think that statement actually has anything to do with the maewing tbh, other than just suggesting a good combination for raising.

13 minutes ago, alex4401 said:

The Nursing Effectiveness stat increases food saturation for babies [fed by the Maewing] by 1% with each level.

For example, with a Maewing with NE of 124%, the base food value for Cooked Meat changes from 20.0 to 24.8.

Ok thats what I was looking for, funny I see that in the wiki today but not a couple days ago when I looked last. That definitely makes maewings more unique, thx.

Archived