Jump to content

Stryder Issues/Bugs/Taming


Lukebaws
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Kickazztexan changed the title to Not being able to tame striders do to delay.

Tried to get a Tek stryder tonight, failed on a level 15 at hack attempt 7 (on a lag spike).  This is insane, a level 15 should be done in 4 mini-games tops or it should not resets...  Not to mention sometimes it roams in circles and takes forever to leave the area to allow the next hack.

In my opinion, if you add up that you need to find one with an Excavation Rig, this is way too time consuming. Not surprising that no one want to sell them.  I have seen top tribes with more than 5 Excavation Stryders and they still dont want to sell a single one.

Edited by Herbapou
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Stryder taming is still not fixed after todays patch, you still fail to lag.

You still fail before the boxes even show up, this is STILL NOT FIXED.

 

Please fix this already, this is getting insane.

 

This is absolutely 100% NOT fixed, the boxes still rubberbannd and lag around and if they do that when you click, you fail. The boxes still sometimes never appear still and you fail.

 

Do another patch.

Edited by Neer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Neer said:

Stryder taming is still not fixed after todays patch, you still fail to lag.

You still fail before the boxes even show up, this is STILL NOT FIXED.

 

Please fix this already, this is getting insane.

 

This is absolutely 100% NOT fixed, the boxes still rubberbannd and lag around and if they do that when you click, you fail. The boxes still sometimes never appear still and you fail.

 

Do another patch.

I think i will leave Gen 2 and go back to my main base on crystal islands until this is fixed.  Came to Gen 2 for that and this is way to frustrating.  Maybe I will retry a level 15 or lower with a event taming bonus. That being said, it probably wont be an Excavation one, the only ones I have seen in the wild were level 130+

I remember seing a video on youtube of a guy taming a level 20 after just one mini-game and saying its easy.  It sure aint like that on officials at 1x

Edited by Herbapou
Link to comment
Share on other sites

so after the changes, I managed to tame a mining stryder  on my super laggy official server. finally! but, it's still an extremly frustrating experience. during the hacking minigame, the blocks I had to match now rubberbanded like crazy. there were no more failures where the blocks did not show up etc; the failures only happened when it looked like the blocks were at the right location, only to jump to a different position a fraction of a second later. overall, this change at least gave me a chance at guessing the right time to hack, whereas before I'd simply fail without knowing why.

the stryder I tamed was level 20, and only needed 4 sucessful hacks in a row. I still failed for at least an hour :/. The whole hacking minigame is still heavily influenced by server lag, and I don't even want to think about taming a higher level stryder. overall, the change did improve things a tiny little bit, but imo, the whole stryder taming process should be completely overhauled.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, heliantha said:

so after the changes, I managed to tame a mining stryder  on my super laggy official server. finally! but, it's still an extremly frustrating experience. during the hacking minigame, the blocks I had to match now rubberbanded like crazy. there were no more failures where the blocks did not show up etc; the failures only happened when it looked like the blocks were at the right location, only to jump to a different position a fraction of a second later. overall, this change at least gave me a chance at guessing the right time to hack, whereas before I'd simply fail without knowing why.

the stryder I tamed was level 20, and only needed 4 sucessful hacks in a row. I still failed for at least an hour :/. The whole hacking minigame is still heavily influenced by server lag, and I don't even want to think about taming a higher level stryder. overall, the change did improve things a tiny little bit, but imo, the whole stryder taming process should be completely overhauled.

Does not matter, even if you tame one it is just going to get murdered by their faulty anti-mesh system.

 

I did not even get to farm with mine, I lost it flying 30 seconds from a portal to the tunnels that lead to space.

I did not even make it  into the entrance to the tunnel because the server lagged and rammed the stryder into the ground, anti-meshing it.

 

Still nearly impossible to tame  them on my server, impossible to farm, 255 ping, rollbacks, anti-meshing things constantly.

 

Tell me, Wildcard, how are we suppose to play  Gen2 when we  can't even  farm without everything we own being constantly anti-meshed or rolled back?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you use the transmitter on the strider to store mats while you are out farming other materials - be warned:  should the server crash while you have stuff in the transmitter inventory - it can all go poof.

Our server just crashed after I was out gathering stone using the linked storage feature.  I was pushing metal into the striders transmitter while doing this.   The server crashes after I was done.  I get back on, the dedicated is at 1400/1800 stacks.  So it only rolled back like 25% of the gathering I had done. But my transmitter inventory, which had metal and some items from drops i got while farming, was completely empty.  It should have had over 50 stacks , but it was completely empty.

 

So if you have been losing things, and cant quite place what happened - this could be one of the culprits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Farm Stryder is not collecting Shards at Crystal Isles.

XBOX1 Server 1392

I have gone thru several test; Essentially I have the Stryder Linked with the Dedi Box at Base, and with some Shards in it. I went to the Shards area at Crystal and it starts grabbing (You actually see the animation while it leaves the big crystals behind), but what?? Doesn't notify what grabs, and when looking the Dedi Box nothing but the originals Shards...So basically they go to LALA LAND. Can someone fix this??.

Edited by exqueleto
Link to comment
Share on other sites

^ for sure it had saved sometime in the middle of the run.  I went from 100 stone in the dedicated, to full before crash.  It rolled back to 147k stone.   During that run, there was crystal and raw metal collected every few min, because I moved all the metal and crystal as soon as the strider couldn't move each time.  The transmitter was almost full by the end and had been added to over several instances.  It shoudl have been partially full, just like the dedicated storage.

 

Also, after server came back up, I had just done the same thing again, put in 4 stacks of raw metal and 5 tek railings I got off a drop nearby.  I proceeded to fill up the stone again.  Crash, stone dedicated had more stone, but the inventory on the transmitter was empty again.  It should have been there, since I loaded that before I started farming stone the second time around.

 

 

Edited by GrumpyBear
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/20/2021 at 12:54 AM, Anthrakx8185 said:

And this "wander a bit" circle... why such a large range to wander?? I spend like 10 minutes going in circles not getting to "hack" once because the Stryder goes in full idiot mode. After hours of trying and failing because of such a faulty and bad minigame...

I so agree!

Edited by CatInFire
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, exqueleto said:

Farm Stryder is not collecting Shards at Crystal Isles.

XBOX1 Server 1392

I have gone thru several test; Essentially I have the Stryder Linked with the Dedi Box at Base, and with some Shards in it. I went to the Shards area at Crystal and it starts grabbing (You actually see the animation while it leaves the big crystals behind), but what?? Doesn't notify what grabs, and when looking the Dedi Box nothing but the originals Shards...So basically they go to LALA LAND. Can someone fix this??.

Did you try just collecting the shards in it's inventory to see if it got them at all?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, lincolnloud said:

the light pets are not preventing nameless from spawning on aberration whilst riding a tek stryder, i have tested with many other creatures and have not found any other creatures that behave like this, i assume it has to do with the tek stryders size, hopefully this gets seen soon, thanks for your help.

its the same as riding on a skiff.  You can notice when you dismount the skiff, they keep coming for you until you hit the ground.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Over the weekend I did 9 missions which was enough to tame a level 25.  I was able to tame one after a very long time because the taming process often resets even if you succeed the mini-game when there is a lot of lag.  I never lost a mini-game and I got 6 resets. 

They absolutely must remove the reset to zero taming progress on official servers to compensate for lag. Taming this dino on single player would have been a piece of cake.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JetJaguar said:

The lag and rubberbanding on this map is nuts. Like when Ark first released. Could this all be caused by the striders themselves? We have people with 20+ ones in their collection. Im not sure if all of them idle adds to it, or multiple people harvesting with them at the same time could do it, but its possible?

In my opinion lag is worst on the Island with 10 people then on Gen 2 with 70 people. The number of dinos out and the structures is what's causing the lag.  People need to pod unused  dinos. Also, they should promote 4 tiles walls by making it cheaper by a lot, maybe the same price of a single wall.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...