Stryder Issues/Bugs/Taming

Lukebaws

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

The Stryder well, here's  my story...i spent half a day trying to figure out why I couldn't tame a level 20? Simple right? Far from it, i tried everything including researching the methods posted on Youtube. I placed my mutagel in my hot bar as informed then started the hacking process, as soon as the mini game appeared it started aligning but didn't and then I was electrocuted. Again and again and again I tried this and the same thing? I stood on the Stryders back, stood on the ground in the Red Circle keeping my distance from the tames legs and still got fried???? So frustrating? I did all the missions to get the Stryder and I cannot get one, this must be a BUG?! Oh and I noticed on one Youtube post that when the mini games appears for those that use a pc they "left click" the mouse so my question is, which button (equivalent)  do you use on your D-Pad playing on a X Box One?

Any pointers appreciated

Thank you

Mondox

6 hours ago, Mondox said:

The Stryder well, here's  my story...i spent half a day trying to figure out why I couldn't tame a level 20? Simple right? Far from it, i tried everything including researching the methods posted on Youtube. I placed my mutagel in my hot bar as informed then started the hacking process, as soon as the mini game appeared it started aligning but didn't and then I was electrocuted. Again and again and again I tried this and the same thing? I stood on the Stryders back, stood on the ground in the Red Circle keeping my distance from the tames legs and still got fried???? So frustrating? I did all the missions to get the Stryder and I cannot get one, this must be a BUG?! Oh and I noticed on one Youtube post that when the mini games appears for those that use a pc they "left click" the mouse so my question is, which button (equivalent)  do you use on your D-Pad playing on a X Box One?

Any pointers appreciated

Thank you

Mondox

Hello there, they resolved the major issue with stryder taming a few patches back (at least on PC).  Im not sure if they patched consoles or not, i would recommend checking the patch notes for console.  You should put the mutagel (the basic blue one - not mutagen, which is white) on your 0 slot- similiar to any other passive tame. Walk up to stryder and you should see the prompt to feed it. Whatever key or button that it tells u to use to feed it - that is the same one u use for the mini game.  It's whatever button you would use to "interact" as in - turn on a campfire, grill, tek rep, etc.  On PC that would be the "E" key on PC, but also the attack button can be used for the hacks which is LeftClick.  Once you initiate the first feed, the first hack becomes available with about 20 secs until you start losing effectiveness. Go to the sparking area of the body that needs the hack, and press the same button u used to feed it the mutagel to start the hack. Then use the SAME button again inside the minigame. Each hack is a 3 step rolling wheel. Click your appropriate button when the box lines up with the center. then then next set, then the 3rd set to complete the hack.  Once you have successfully completed the hack, I recommend jumping on the center of its  back, quickly go into orbit cam so you can see where the next hack will be (it will start sparking to indicate where it will be next). Leave orbit camera mode and look down on its back and watch the counter that moves up and down. If the stryder is in a very open area, the hacks become available a lot sooner, if it keeps running into creatures, trees and walls, the counter will go up a lot. Patience is key. A low level isnt bad to tame at this point, but when you get to higher level ones  with 8-10+ hacks, the lag can ruin it at server saves.  

Things to remember: one single incorrect hack or leaving the big red circle during the hack will reset the whole taming process. You wont have to refeed it, but will start back to 0% taming - but will also reset effectiveness to 100%. Ive had mean players attack the stryder mid tame, which ruined effectiveness... so i would purposely fail the hack and start over.   One additional trick - if the stryder is in a confined area, before you feed it - run up... punch it, kite it a more open and safe area  and then jetpack straight up. It loses aggro extremely easily. Then just come back down and start the whole process.  Hope this helps. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My strider went invisible in the void on gen2 but i can still fast travel to the tek pod but when i do it just makes me wake up out of an invisible tek pod and my strider is not visible i can punch the top but other then that his body isnt there. Tried everything i can think of. Can anyone help me or have any ideas at all please i would appreciate it.

4 hours ago, vGHOST said:

My strider went invisible in the void on gen2 but i can still fast travel to the tek pod but when i do it just makes me wake up out of an invisible tek pod and my strider is not visible i can punch the top but other then that his body isnt there. Tried everything i can think of. Can anyone help me or have any ideas at all please i would appreciate it.

wait for the same kind of asteroids that were there when you lost the stryder. i'm assuming you were on it and then the asteroids changed, and that turned it invisible. if you remember which kind of asteroids were spawned when you were using it, just wait for that kind to spawn again and then check it. or, if the invisible stryder is near the ground, place a tek transmitter nearby and see if you can upload it.

Archived