PVE players suffers because of PVP players

Gelantious

20 hours ago, Relish said:

Cryopods... Apparently in Pve you can throw as many as you want without cryo cooldown. In cryofridges, they charge automatically to full in PVe... Pvpve not so much.

Ive never heard of cryopods not charging to full in a cryofridge in any game mode. They charge at a 1:1 ratio so if the pod has 5 days off from being full it would take 5 days in the cryofridge to recharge to full in pve at least. Could you elaborate on what you meant by this?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

After 5 plus years of modding this forum there is only one type of person that accuses the mods of trolling. 

Actually this Forum once had a mod that was deploying black language/narcissist tactics, trying to gaslight.

He's obviously not a mod anymore (and the warning he put on my account was revoked).

12 hours ago, Piffguru said:

Ive never heard of cryopods not charging to full in a cryofridge in any game mode. They charge at a 1:1 ratio so if the pod has 5 days off from being full it would take 5 days in the cryofridge to recharge to full in pve at least. Could you elaborate on what you meant by this?

My tribe mate was telling me that they full charge in other modes  when put in. She came from Pve and single.

On 6/22/2021 at 6:03 AM, Gelantious said:

So, another day, another nerf because of whiny pvp players.

Soon the Astrodelphis will be completely useless, going the same way as Managarmr. A broken heap of mess compared to its former glorious awesomeness.

If you're going to continue to cater to the pvp babies every whim then at least give us some server settings to undo the changes you make.
Tired of spending time, energy & resources to tame, level and gear up a dino. And then the next day it's been all for naught...

And aren't you devs yourself tired of this? You spend time and energy making these awesome creatures and new effects n what not. Only to have to completely destroy them to the point that no one will use them.... Making your job a complete waste of time... All because of some specific loud players that day in and day out whine about one thing after another instead of actually playing the game, and game mode they chose. They knew what they were getting into when joining a pvp server, let them suffer the consequences of their action.

PvE players make this argument and it makes no sense. These things are equally broken in PvE. Astros and Manas useless lmao? they are still one of the best tames and best travel methods by far. I can still do every alpha mission on Gen 1 and Gen 2 with a TAMED astro and they're useless lol. They need to be nerfed further. A nerf to something doesn't mean it is unfair to PvE. It makes no sense how broken these dinos are, the flyers were way too fast, fishing the best BPs in the game from a little fish is broken, etc etc. If you want to play a broken game then just turn cheat modes on and spawn the dinos in higher level or better bps etc. Also I would say the opposite is true, WC will not nerf breeding which is ridiculously overpowered and pretty much ruins PvP for new people because PvE players would cry about it.

On 6/23/2021 at 3:09 AM, Reiv said:

Sure, so on official they get reset to the cap on wipe - but regardless, even then you still end up with 124 armor tek saddles (and the same thing would happen to the dolphin saddles pre-nerf)

Every other tek saddle gets soft capped on official at 124 and is hard capped by the game at about 700 armor regardless of server settings

Post nerf dolphin saddles are hard capped at 75 armor regardless of server settings

I'm not sure what you're basing this information on but it doesn't line up with anything I've seen on official. Overcap tek saddles from the initial genesis part 1 launch ended up well below 124, and of the several astrodelphis saddles I've gotten that have over 100 armor pre-nerf they all came out well under 70 armor. I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that capped tek saddles are anywhere near as commonplace as you seem to suggest they are.

19 hours ago, Zayisha said:

Something is OP if there is no defense against it or it can not be countered.

The Dolphin was extremely easy to counter.

I've seen multiple people make this claim, and yet never had anyone be able to back it up in any way. On the other hand I know of a lot more players who claim both from offensive and defensive angles that it was incredibly overpowered. I'd love to see a verifiable example of how easily they could be countered in their initial state at launch.

22 minutes ago, carbonark said:

I've seen multiple people make this claim, and yet never had anyone be able to back it up in any way. On the other hand I know of a lot more players who claim both from offensive and defensive angles that it was incredibly overpowered. I'd love to see a verifiable example of how easily they could be countered in their initial state at launch.

Isn't the answer obvious?

Ask yourself: how would you beat an A-10?
Hint: not with a Tank

On 6/22/2021 at 12:13 PM, GP said:

You are pointing the blame at the wrong people. Instead of calling PvP players whiny, why not realise the true issue.... game development is not designed to differentiate PvP from PvE.

this company caters to pvp all the time and leaves PVE behind, PVE carrys the game no matter what game, PVP games DIE QUICK.

your words now say its the devs fault. yea absolutely right, its not the whiny pvp or pve players at all

only the devs fault true true.

and devs, which is clearly not you, hold on to cater PVP like -->

NERFING EVERYTHING FOR PVP AND THE SIDE EFFECT IS NERFING IT FOR PVE ASWELL, wildcard makes no difference and this is a big fail because on pve you do not need things like on pvp, you do not play pve like pvp.

you just have a CHECKBOX THAT MAKES THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PVP AND PVE

so you can attack someone/something or not. this is one of this companys biggest mistake and the same happened to atlas, that is why atlas is dead atm, because Wildcard has never cared about a serious pve experience that is not a pvp experience on pve.

they throw everything in one pot

• Volunteer Moderator
27 minutes ago, Relish said:

Oh, apologies, I think it was that you cam throw multiple cryo without cooldown in Pve?, and without knocking out ones thrown within coodown?

Yes. There is no such thing as cryo sickness now in PVE.

(For those people that complain PVE is not separated from PVP 😆)

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Zayisha said:

This is what I did in the Army for 7 years.

You do beat an A-10 with ground assets, it's called SHORAD (now M-SHORAD, shout out to 4/5 ADA) and includes surface to air missiles (MANPAD or vehicle mounted FIM-92s) and antiaircraft vehicles combined with short range low altitude radar (AN/MPQ-64, known as the Sentinel).

So not with a tank, but yes with ground-based armaments.

2 hours ago, Zayisha said:

No offense, but I really don't think you're aware of everything the astrodelphis was capable of initially. Keep in mind that you could out range any turrets, kill virtually any player in 1-3 shots regardless of armor, and have more speed and mobility than almost any other tame in the game. I'm fairly certain your "A-10" comparison falls apart when you look at how they're actually being used on pvp servers. If that was in fact the only way you were using them, then it could explain why you found them so easy to defend against.

Again I'd love to get a real answer as to what you found as a valid counter, perhaps it might shed some light on why this didn't seem anywhere near as effective a solution in real pvp situations.

1 hour ago, Joebl0w13 said:

This is what I did in the Army for 7 years.

You do beat an A-10 with ground assets, it's called SHORAD (now M-SHORAD, shout out to 4/5 ADA) and includes surface to air missiles (MANPAD or vehicle mounted FIM-92s) and antiaircraft vehicles combined with short range low altitude radar (AN/MPQ-64, known as the Sentinel).

So not with a tank, but yes with ground-based armaments.

If the enemy is dumb, yes.
Turn on your radar. Seconds later it's gone (shrike/harm anti-radar missile).
If not earlier AWACS picks you up and sends in guided weapons.

Also A-10 can stay out of your range/altitude and send some nice Mavericks over.
And IF you got something into the air... ECM/Chaff/Flares/Terrain.

Army = target practise for Air Force.
Modern Wars are decided and won in the air. not on the ground.

But back to topic, for a single person that would be not the most obvious option to down an A-10.

23 minutes ago, carbonark said:

No offense, but I really don't think you're aware of everything the astrodelphis was capable of initially. Keep in mind that you could out range any turrets, kill virtually any player in 1-3 shots regardless of armor, and have more speed and mobility than almost any other tame in the game. I'm fairly certain your "A-10" comparison falls apart when you look at how they're actually being used on pvp servers. If that was in fact the only way you were using them, then it could explain why you found them so easy to defend against.

Again I'd love to get a real answer as to what you found as a valid counter, perhaps it might shed some light on why this didn't seem anywhere near as effective a solution in real pvp situations.

Well, you got the answer yourself.
Hop on a dolphin and be the better pilot.

You can't win from the ground. the keyword is air superiority.
If you get wrecked (on the ground) by someone that has air superiority, that just a logical consequence and not "OP".

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, Zayisha said:

If the enemy is dumb, yes.
Turn on your radar. Seconds later it's gone (shrike/harm anti-radar missile).
If not earlier AWACS picks you up and sends in guided weapons.

Also A-10 can stay out of your range/altitude and send some nice Mavericks over.
And IF you got something into the air... ECM/Chaff/Flares/Terrain.

Army = target practise for Air Force.
Modern Wars are decided and won in the air. not on the ground.

But back to topic, for a single person that would be not the most obvious option to down an A-10.

Spoken like someone who hasn't done the actual work. None of that is true. Not a single statement. I don't even have the time to explain. Back to the topic as you said.

4 hours ago, carbonark said:

I'm not sure what you're basing this information on but it doesn't line up with anything I've seen on official. Overcap tek saddles from the initial genesis part 1 launch ended up well below 124, and of the several astrodelphis saddles I've gotten that have over 100 armor pre-nerf they all came out well under 70 armor. I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that capped tek saddles are anywhere near as commonplace as you seem to suggest they are.

Capped tek saddles did not use to be common before Gen2.

They are however common drops from many of the Gen2 alpha missions.

Archived