PVE players suffers because of PVP players

Gelantious

So, another day, another nerf because of whiny pvp players.

Soon the Astrodelphis will be completely useless, going the same way as Managarmr. A broken heap of mess compared to its former glorious awesomeness.

If you're going to continue to cater to the pvp babies every whim then at least give us some server settings to undo the changes you make.
Tired of spending time, energy & resources to tame, level and gear up a dino. And then the next day it's been all for naught...

And aren't you devs yourself tired of this? You spend time and energy making these awesome creatures and new effects n what not. Only to have to completely destroy them to the point that no one will use them.... Making your job a complete waste of time... All because of some specific loud players that day in and day out whine about one thing after another instead of actually playing the game, and game mode they chose. They knew what they were getting into when joining a pvp server, let them suffer the consequences of their action.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Gelantious said:

So, another day, another nerf because of whiny pvp players.

You are pointing the blame at the wrong people. Instead of calling PvP players whiny, why not realise the true issue.... game development is not designed to differentiate PvP from PvE.

You right now are complaining about the Astrodelphis nerf right, well PvP players were complaining about it's OPness, which is their right just as you have right now.

If the devs can't seperate PvP changes from PvE then that is 100% on them and not the players of PvP.

This is why the atmosphere between PvP players and PvE players is usually so toxic because you blame each other for things that are down to the devs 100%.

Unless of course you feel PvP players should just put up with OP content that breaks the balance of the game just to keep PvE players happy. That is horrible gamemanship.

1 hour ago, GP said:

This is why the atmosphere between PvP players and PvE players is usually so toxic because you blame each other for things that are down to the devs 100%.

It's the Halo effect.    So many people think because they enjoy the game that the Devs are infallible or "doing their best."    It's like celebrity worship culture or brand identity.   They become so obsessed with the product or idea that it becomes part of their identity.

That's why the bugs are never going to get fixed and Ark 2 will be no different.   People keep giving them money for broken products.  It's not just Wildcard either.   It's the whole industry.  The idea is "I had fun" so its worth my money.     That's fine, but don't expect a better product if they can sell you crap in a bag and call it a cleaner and you'll buy it.

The other meme that's very close to this is the number of people who just say "If you don't like it, don't play.  You don't have to complain when the rest of us are enjoying it."   Not complaining serves nobody.  They're going to continue to invest time, energy, and money into things I don't like when they could be putting those efforts towards something I do like.

Btw fyi manas are not useless like just breed im a bit one of the fastest tankiest pvp tames in the game and can swim faster than all purpose seacreatures which is rediculous. On pvp servers we run drops with them. I assume pve players run these alot cause they dont have anything to do.

Btw you shouldve gone on a pvp server and got spun from render distance by a dolphin or blasted off the back every other pvp mount via an unskilled lockon torpedo, all done by a tame that is practically wild tamed. Thing can eat nerfs. Needs them.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, theopheus said:

That's fine, but don't expect a better product if they can sell you crap in a bag and call it a cleaner and you'll buy it.

That's the fault of gamers in general. 

They keep buying it... keep on buying it and keep on buying it. Stop buying it if you think it's crap.

Honestly, I don't really see how the patches to the Astrodelphis so far really affect its overall value in pve.

So far the balance changes for them have been:

• an exploit fix that would have been patched eventually regardless of who said what about it at.
  • a nerf to homing shot that prevents it from damaging riders, which is meaningless in pve where you aren't targeting other players anyway
  • a melee reduction, which seems all around pointless since IDK who is using it's melee and not ranged attacks
  • preventing turrets from firing at homing shot, again meaningless in pve
  • 33% damage reduction on lazers, which is significant but nowhere near enough of a nerf to make them useless
  • grenade speed reduced by 50% but, no impact on damage. The only real change in pve is a slight aim adjustment when firing a grenade
  • lazers no longer damage when encumbered, again a minor change (also related to an exploit fix) and as long as you aren't flying around on an overweight dolphin you won't notice a difference
  • preventing homing shot from targeting players, again not a change that even remotely changes their use in pve
  • lazer range reduction, finally a change that actually impacts pve. yet considering its range prior to this patch this isn't going to really be a deal breaker
  • change to lazers, they no longer ignore armor. again little impact to pve since you aren't generally fighting saddled creatures. might have an impact against certain wild tames such as shadowmanes or rock elementals, but I'm uncertain if this applies to them.

The major changes for pve since the launch of Gen 2 would be this:

• Reduced melee.
  • Lazers have reduced range, respect armor and have a 33% damage nerf, can't deal damage when encumbered.
  • Grenades are 50% slower, but damage is unchanged.

To be clear, you can still easily kill gigas and titanosaurs with an Astrodelphis even after the nerfs. They still work just fine in Gen 2 missions. If you can see anything I've missed I'd love to know how you think these changes have had a more serious impact on pve than I believe they have.

P.S. Not included in either list was that Grenade structure damage was (and I believe still is?) disabled. However as this has no impact on pve and was stated to be temporary I didn't think is was important to include.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, theopheus said:

That's exactly why I never gave them money for Genesis, and won't be buying Ark 2.   I did my part.   You do yours.

I haven't paid a dime for the game or any of the DLCs 😆

But I would because I like the game and see the value in it. Bugs and all.

I've never bought something just to relentlessly complain about it.

2 hours ago, carbonark said:

• an exploit fix that would have been patched eventually regardless of who said what about it at.
  • a nerf to homing shot that prevents it from damaging riders, which is meaningless in pve where you aren't targeting other players anyway
  • a melee reduction, which seems all around pointless since IDK who is using it's melee and not ranged attacks
  • 33% damage reduction on lazers, which is significant but nowhere near enough of a nerf to make them useless
  • grenade speed reduced by 50% but, no impact on damage. The only real change in pve is a slight aim adjustment when firing a grenade
  • lazers no longer damage when encumbered, again a minor change (also related to an exploit fix) and as long as you aren't flying around on an overweight dolphin you won't notice a difference
  • preventing homing shot from targeting players, again not a change that even remotely changes their use in pve
  • lazer range reduction, finally a change that actually impacts pve. yet considering its range prior to this patch this isn't going to really be a deal breaker
  • change to lazers, they no longer ignore armor. again little impact to pve since you aren't generally fighting saddled creatures. might have an impact against certain wild tames such as shadowmanes or rock elementals, but I'm uncertain if this applies to them.

You forgot the undocumented saddle nerf.  Saddle armor was dramatically reduced (by up to about 80% for extremely high end saddles)

21 minutes ago, Reiv said:

You forgot the undocumented saddle nerf.  Saddle armor was dramatically reduced (by up to about 80% for extremely high end saddles)

That was to be expected as well realistically. The saddle is considered a tek saddle like tape/rex/etc and those don't get much armor above engram quality. I pulled a 232 armor saddle from a drop and knew it was going to get adjusted since that's clearly not intended

4 minutes ago, carbonark said:

That was to be expected as well realistically. The saddle is considered a tek saddle like tape/rex/etc and those don't get much armor above engram quality. I pulled a 232 armor saddle from a drop and knew it was going to get adjusted since that's clearly not intended

All other tek saddles get armor numbers like that.  There just weren't many sources of quality tek saddles before Gen2.

You can pull those kind of numbers on every other tek saddle from Gen2 content - they're just found in missions instead of drops.  I got a 200 armor Tek Megalodon saddle for example.

10 hours ago, Gelantious said:

So, another day, another nerf because of whiny pvp players power creep and OP new dino's.

Fixed that for you.

The dolphin was OP for both PvP and PvE, it needed to be pulled back some.

p.s. Carbonark thoroughly debunked your argument, read his post if you haven't yet. These changes were necessary in PvE too.

Interesting... I had to skip some comments as I do not look things up and did not want to find out something I want to learn myself... Was doing a bug report saw this on the side...

Well, I have only eve platyed in PvpvE on day 1 Oc servers and never left. It is my singleplayer, and I suppose it makes me more of a Pve player in Pvp...

But, there are differences I found out this week between Pve and Pvp...

For example, my new tribemate that came from PvE was suprised at how much she has to learn again... 

Cryopods... Apparently in Pve you can throw as many as you want without cryo cooldown. In cryofridges, they charge automatically to full in PVe... Pvpve not so much.

In regards to the tames and nerfs...

Still going to work it out and probably be using it when no one else does. Got a few tames like that, Karkinos for example, is a taming creature in my opinion, Pvp players won't really go near using them as their weaknessess.... But taming a horse, Gigantopithicus, Meso or Carno... Oh how easy it can be, solo even.

Gg's. See you online.

In regards to games... I find if I rented it for $5 a week... Have I got my moneys worth... Yes, 100 fold.

Brok3n.

7 hours ago, Reiv said:

All other tek saddles get armor numbers like that.  There just weren't many sources of quality tek saddles before Gen2.

You can pull those kind of numbers on every other tek saddle from Gen2 content - they're just found in missions instead of drops.  I got a 200 armor Tek Megalodon saddle for example.

The armor cap on official is 124, any saddles regular or tek over that limit are unintended and will at some point be reverted to something within the limit of armor cap. I'm not saying they don't exist, just that they aren't supposed to.

3 hours ago, carbonark said:

The armor cap on official is 124, any saddles regular or tek over that limit are unintended and will at some point be reverted to something within the limit of armor cap. I'm not saying they don't exist, just that they aren't supposed to.

Sure, so on official they get reset to the cap on wipe - but regardless, even then you still end up with 124 armor tek saddles (and the same thing would happen to the dolphin saddles pre-nerf)

Every other tek saddle gets soft capped on official at 124 and is hard capped by the game at about 700 armor regardless of server settings

Post nerf dolphin saddles are hard capped at 75 armor regardless of server settings

17 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

That's the fault of gamers in general. 

They keep buying it... keep on buying it and keep on buying it. Stop buying it if you think it's crap.

While being true, this is still no excuse for lazy devs.Also the fact that Genesis had to be bought as seasonpass makes that statement very hollow: No one knew how Gen2 would turn out a year ago, so according to your logic we should not have bought it to begin with since we have no right to report issues (complain?) for we threw our money at it. The fact that we bought a game does not means we are not allowed to adress issues.

We spend our money on the promise of ongoing development and devs should have the dignity to respect that.
And you, as moderator, should have the dignity to moderate unwanted FORMS of discusion, not just the unwanted discusion or defending money grabbing devs.
Respect the hand that feeds you, or starve.

(comment deleted in 5... 4... 3...)

PvE and PvP are just totally different and always need to have different balance. Having a unified balance may be easier on paper, but does lead to a lot of things eventually being nerfed to the ground so that they're not usable in order to call them 'balanced'. But one should not blame the players in PvP or PvE for the results. I remember when I used to be part of a MOD for COH, every time we introduced something that people used to love in PvAI, PvP players always found them utterly imbalanced and whenever we nerfed them to satisfy that balance, it ruined the PvAI players experience. Usually when we nerfed something to the point it became unusable by everyone (either by being too weak or essentially a duplicate of a vanilla unit), that's when PvP players called it balanced and went back to using the original vanilla stuff they were used to. So, I can see how tough it is for Devs to have a unified balance that satisfies both parties.

18 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I haven't paid a dime for the game or any of the DLCs 😆

But I would because I like the game and see the value in it. Bugs and all.

I've never bought something just to relentlessly complain about it.

And I've never seen a moderator representing a game company who goes out of his way to try to troll everyone on the board instead of being actually helpful, but here we are.

I know you're not dumb enough to think I actually bought the game to complain about it.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, theopheus said:

And I've never seen a moderator representing a game company who goes out of his way to try to troll everyone on the board instead of being actually helpful, but here we are.

I know you're not dumb enough to think I actually bought the game to complain about it.

You know, it's funny.

After 5 plus years of modding this forum there is only one type of person that accuses the mods of trolling. 

They are:

1. Someone who is usually being admonished (by said mods) for continually breaking forum rules, usually leading to an eventual ban.

2. People that come here to rant and bitch about the game or the company running it ad-nauseum. These people almost always have thousands of hours played in the game they seem to hate and keep sending over hard-earned money to the company they seem to hate.

Or some combination of the two.

It never stops being amusing. 

• Volunteer Moderator

Given that the separation between PVP and PVE is the number one upvoted issue on the suggestions forum. I would be surprised if WildCard didn't bake that ability into Ark 2. You can't add it in later after many years of development. It has to be architected early on before code is written. WoW went through similar growing pains with PVP and PVE

Then again, maybe they wont. Never know. 

23 hours ago, carbonark said:

Honestly, I don't really see how the patches to the Astrodelphis so far really affect its overall value in pve.

The major changes for pve since the launch of Gen 2 would be this:

• Reduced melee.
  • Lazers have reduced range, respect armor and have a 33% damage nerf, can't deal damage when encumbered.
  • Grenades are 50% slower, but damage is unchanged.

To be clear, you can still easily kill gigas and titanosaurs with an Astrodelphis even after the nerfs. They still work just fine in Gen 2 missions. If you can see anything I've missed I'd love to know how you think these changes have had a more serious impact on pve than I believe they have.

P.S. Not included in either list was that Grenade structure damage was (and I believe still is?) disabled. However as this has no impact on pve and was stated to be temporary I didn't think is was important to include.

Very well said. I agree on all these points. I also agree with the frustration but looking at it without a bias helps to understand the changes a bit more , and imo none of them really *ruined* them in PVE. Its still a long range, fast killer. Its quite strong still. Its almost impossible to get hit by AI dinos if you play Starfighter mode with the saddle, so this being one of the safest and fastest dino's surely goes into account when it gets changed.

The saddle nerf also, barely affects it in PVE. If you're in melee range as the Astro, i think you're using it wrong.

Archived