Jump to content

Astrodelphis is broken


Recommended Posts

I think you should be banned for abusing the dolphin I'd rather be meshed than fobbed by a tribe that spams dolphin it takes 10 days to raise a giga on official and the dolphin kills it in 10 seconds it is easier to killed 50 meshers than 1 astrodelphis because it 1 taps you in 1k + dura 496 armor flak like how tf is this not nerfed into the ground yet wildcard should probably test poop before they add it into the game or at least lock transfer from new maps untill you figure your poop out this game is so dead because of the dolphin it's actually unplayable as soon as I try to do anything a raptoring dolphin shows up how you expect people to buy ark 2 when this is how you guys do poop 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2021 at 11:08 PM, Uzume said:

Pvp is rough, stopping nerfing both it and pve, make different settings for each mode. It's ridiculous how dinos become useless in pve because they only balance for pvp. Do both, be better Wildcard.

man, that would be revolutionary .. its always great to get hit with the nerf hammer in PvE after you started breeding and mutating stuff. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean what can i say. Most dinos have roles in pvp and being a survival game it is first and foremost a pvp game. If the game was built for pve why do devs need to constantly get involved with pillar spam issues that are easily done by players without cheating at all. I get you started muting the thing and its frustrating but its not like you have anything better to do on pve once you've killed bosses and ran drops.  That being said tho you should know by now that everything the devs release in new dlc is broken and always gets nerfed

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, silverdestroyer10070 said:

I mean what can i say. Most dinos have roles in pvp and being a survival game it is first and foremost a pvp game. If the game was built for pve why do devs need to constantly get involved with pillar spam issues that are easily done by players without cheating at all. I get you started muting the thing and its frustrating but its not like you have anything better to do on pve once you've killed bosses and ran drops.  That being said tho you should know by now that everything the devs release in new dlc is broken and always gets nerfed

They have PVE servers, that is all that needs to be said when you mention "Survival PVP game". Sure you are correct AND they also obviously care about their customers experience who want a PVE environment. Like I said they need to be better,  do more QA. I play the game a lot (as in amount of time in a day.) The amount of time someone who is QA would play to test the environment and objects with in it. Hell you can get one QA who knows how to do automation testing to do 100 x the testing as I do playing in the same amount of time. It is just how software production works, you have the creatives who develop and QA to make sure it works as intended , and also to chase bugs found in the field. The QA part seems to fall by the way side with them. The development team is good, lets beef up the QA team a bit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

I fully agree with your one massive sentence.

 

Delphis is the new cheap no-skill mana but actually much worse.

No skill? Kind of like creating armor that you take next to no damage and breeding dinos that will one shot anyone in base armor? That my friend is not skill that is time. Skill is head shotting someone after you jumped off a flyer and are plummeting to the ground without deploying your parachute until the last second so you get the kill.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Uzume said:

No skill? Kind of like creating armor that you take next to no damage and breeding dinos that will one shot anyone in base armor? That my friend is not skill that is time. Skill is head shotting someone after you jumped off a flyer and are plummeting to the ground without deploying your parachute until the last second so you get the kill.

Ok I never said anything about armor or breeding dinos.

Base Dolphins do the damage of a super Giga while being able to fly fast and use lock on projectiles. Theyre stupid broken no matter what they're fighting against.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Ok I never said anything about armor or breeding dinos.

Base Dolphins do the damage of a super Giga while being able to fly fast and use lock on projectiles. Theyre stupid broken no matter what they're fighting against.

Just like getting a lucky drop with an ascendant item (saddles, weapons, armor pieces). There was no reason to nerf the bite, making the lasers not ignore armor OR reducing its base damage I think we could agree was legitimate. I mean you have to be level 120 (at least 1 alpha ascension or 3 gamma ascensions). This isn't a first map dino+saddle combination. Unlike say getting a good giga saddle or a tek saddle for moderately breeded rexes. I hear a lot of PVP bellyaching and a lot of nerfing things for PVE when it would have been just as simple to write into the code adjusted damage against players and tamed dinos. Bellyaching and crying has yet again taken a fun dino and nerfed it into obsolescence. It isn't even a beginner combo or dino. SMH

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Uzume said:

Just like getting a lucky drop with an ascendant item (saddles, weapons, armor pieces). There was no reason to nerf the bite, making the lasers not ignore armor OR reducing its base damage I think we could agree was legitimate. I mean you have to be level 120 (at least 1 alpha ascension or 3 gamma ascensions). This isn't a first map dino+saddle combination. Unlike say getting a good giga saddle or a tek saddle for moderately breeded rexes. I hear a lot of PVP bellyaching and a lot of nerfing things for PVE when it would have been just as simple to write into the code adjusted damage against players and tamed dinos. Bellyaching and crying has yet again taken a fun dino and nerfed it into obsolescence. It isn't even a beginner combo or dino. SMH

 

Sure keep it as crazy as you want in carebear PvE but in PvP it was a flying laser Giga and deserved every nerf it got.

Dont fault the Pvp crowd for voicing valid concerns because WC cant balance their way out of a wet paper bag.

WC likes to point out that PvE is their biggest playerbase but sure dont seem too concerned about tailoring any balance changes to the mode.

Oh well 2042 is only 4 months away.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

in PvP it was a flying laser Giga and deserved every nerf it got.

it wasn't. it was a well rounded glass cannon. Now it's just glass.

"Tank driver: A-10 is OP. plox nerf11!!!11!!"

Stop whining like Tank drivers. If you want to counter a CAS Aircraft, you don't do it with a Tank or any other sort of ground forces.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Zayisha said:

it wasn't. it was a well rounded glass cannon. Now it's just glass.

"Tank driver: A-10 is OP. plox nerf11!!!11!!"

Stop whining like Tank drivers. If you want to counter a CAS Aircraft, you don't do it with a Tank or any other sort of ground forces.

Well rounded are you kidding ? It was unbeatable. It could 2 shot players no matter the armor or health from render range WITH LOCK ON PROJECTILES and kill mounted players right off their tames while being fast and extremely maneuverable. Thing was beyond cheap.

Sounds like you probably abused the hell out of it and arent happy that your ez mode killing machine got nerfed.

Edited by St1ckyBandit
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Well rounded are you kidding ? It was unbeatable. It could 2 shot players no matter the armor or health from render range WITH LOCK ON PROJECTILES and kill mounted players right off their tames while being fast and extremely maneuverable. Thing was beyond cheap.

Sounds like you probably abused the hell out of it and arent happy that your ez mode killing machine got nerfed.

Then explain how i managed to kill dozens of them (yes, we do mock battles. Our "PvE" Server runs in PVP Mode).

Hint: if you want to kill an A-10, you don't try it with a Tank! ;)



Yes, the Dolphin CAN be an "EZ Mode killing Machine".
But it can also extremely hard to kill you opponent.
But still, it's not OP or just a "Free kill EZ Mode Machine".
The Dophing just scales extremely well with the skill (or lack of it) of you opponent.

Edited by Zayisha
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Zayisha said:

Then explain how i managed to kill dozens of them (yes, we do mock battles. Our "PvE" Server runs in PVP Mode).

Hint: if you want to kill an A-10, you don't try it with a Tank! ;)



Yes, the Dolphin CAN be an "EZ Mode killing Machine".
But it can also extremely hard to kill you opponent.
But still, it's not OP or just a "Free kill EZ Mode Machine".
The Dophing just scales extremely well with the skill (or lack of it) of you opponent.

There is no skill needed in a fast flying animal with deadly powerful LOCK ON projectiles that can snipe people off their mounts, thats the whole point.

What exactly did you kill these dozens of dolphins with ? Another Dolphin? Because something only being countered by itself is another sign of bad balancing. 

If someone on a Dolphin dies to anything other than a Dolphin then they must be an extreme potato or played the situation horrendously badly. It just has too many advantages. 

Stop with the nonsense A-10 to a tank line. It doesnt apply. The Dolphin has no counters but itself, at least in the state it was at launch.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...