Don't jump servers with stuff in inventory

hazelroberts

This happens randomly.  Nobody is sure why.   People transfer with things in their inventory all the time.  You can transfer with 90000 ingots in  your inventory, vs only 15000 if you upload them to the obelisk.

As far as the countdown timer goes, that just means you had the items in your inventory when the server saved.  If you were to drop them and pick them back up they would have added a timer.  You must have everything in your inventory from the last time the server saved in order to transfer with it.

There used to be a bug with items that have a spoil timer where you could only transfer them once unless you jumped through hoops and made new items on the server you transferred to and then messed around with the stacks, but I could never get it straight.   I have no idea if they ever fixed that issue.

Transferring has always been a gamble in ark.  People lose items, dinosaurs, and sometimes their characters.

51 minutes ago, theopheus said:

This happens randomly.  Nobody is sure why.   People transfer with things in their inventory all the time.  You can transfer with 90000 ingots in  your inventory, vs only 15000 if you upload them to the obelisk.

As far as the countdown timer goes, that just means you had the items in your inventory when the server saved.  If you were to drop them and pick them back up they would have added a timer.  You must have everything in your inventory from the last time the server saved in order to transfer with it.

There used to be a bug with items that have a spoil timer where you could only transfer them once unless you jumped through hoops and made new items on the server you transferred to and then messed around with the stacks, but I could never get it straight.   I have no idea if they ever fixed that issue.

Transferring has always been a gamble in ark.  People lose items, dinosaurs, and sometimes their characters.

This is correct, I transfer with stuff on me all the time and only lost items on me 2-3 times out of hundreds. Its a gamble sometimes so if its something very important then upload it to the ark data to be sure, but most times it doesn't matter.

Also the spoilable stuff still has the same issue from the last time I checked. Its not as complicated as you made it sound tho, just make a new version of that spoilable item on the current server and merge the old one into the new one and presto you can transfer it. So for example you have 5 simple kibble stuck on a server, make 1 more simple kibble on that server and move the 5 you have into the 1 new one you made creating a stack of 6 which then can all be transferred.

1 hour ago, Piffguru said:

Also the spoilable stuff still has the same issue from the last time I checked. Its not as complicated as you made it sound tho, just make a new version of that spoilable item on the current server and merge the old one into the new one and presto you can transfer it. So for example you have 5 simple kibble stuck on a server, make 1 more simple kibble on that server and move the 5 you have into the 1 new one you made creating a stack of 6 which then can all be transferred.

Yeah, but I can never remember whether I move the old to the new or vice versus and then you have the issue where you can split stuff in your inventory, but not a container or a dino, and it's asinine that I should even have to be thinking about it.

Plus if I don't have a base on said new server, I'm not exactly in position to make kibble.

3 hours ago, Entenkiller said:

An iron rule in server transfers: replaceable items in the inventory. Be sure to upload valuable items!

You say that, but there are loads of threads about people losing their stuff in the obelisks, especially dinosaurs.   The fact is, the system is terrible and broken.

The very concept of the Arks was genius.  It allowed them to use pretty much any genre they wanted.   Travel to this Ark, it can be fantasy.  Travel to this Ark it can be farming related, etc. etc.

The idea to put each Ark on a separate server?   Dumb.   Extremely dumb.   The entire world should be linked together.    There would be less bases, no transfer loses, and PVP would be an entirely different animal when people couldn't raid you and then leave the server forever.   But they can't even optimize one map per server, so the idea that they could fit the rest of them on one server and make it work is a pipe dream.

Even the way Caves work in this game is bizzarre.   There's a load screen when you go into a Cave like it's a separate world space and yet you can hear Rexes stomping over your head on the Center when you enter the Oasis cave, and you can hear things above you in the skylord cave on Island.

Archived