Does Tek Forcefield protect against death inside volcano during eruption?

curse4444

I'm playing unofficial and can build in caves. I just want to know if the forcefield will protect against the eruption inside the volcano so I can setup a small outpost with teleporter + shield for easy access to lava for magmasaur hatching / black pearls.

EDIT: Okay i tested this for myself. The tek forcefield does not prevent death. I teleported into my volcano base mid eruption and took 2500 dmg and died. After the eruption was done I teleported back and was easily able to grab my gear and even my otter was fine. It did shred my armor though. So it looks like the eruption literally only hits survivors.

On 6/21/2021 at 4:35 PM, curse4444 said:

So it looks like the eruption literally only hits survivors.

No, the Vulcano damages your dinos too if they are in your render range.

The first time when the Vulcano hit me while harvesting with Karkinos and Anky I thought both would be dead, but when I came back they were alive. Therefore I thought first like you that tames are not affected. But the reason was they had both enough HP to survive the strike.

But later this happened again, I went back to my tames still while the eruption, and when I arived at my tames another strike hit them. I saw them both dying from the second strike.

So if the Vulcano killed you, then better wait until the eruption is over before you get your tames.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/23/2021 at 6:58 PM, Zapha said:

No, the Vulcano damages your dinos too if they are in your render range.

The first time when the Vulcano hit me while harvesting with Karkinos and Anky I thought both would be dead, but when I came back they were alive. Therefore I thought first like you that tames are not affected. But the reason was they had both enough HP to survive the strike.

But later this happened again, I went back to my tames still while the eruption, and when I arived at my tames another strike hit them. I saw them both dying from the second strike.

So if the Vulcano killed you, then better wait until the eruption is over before you get your tames.

Thats strange cause I have been down in the volcano farming with an anky and had a gasbag on the side and when the volcano started erupting I brought out a magmasaur and chilled mounted on it till the eruption ended and the other creatures were not hurt at all after. Ive done it multiple times with no issues so thats kind of strange you had an issue.

Archived