Dragon fight Gamma

Predator20801

Hi I wanted to fight the gamma dragon with my friend. It is our first time and we don't know how good our dinos need to be. 

We are breeding some theris base health is 4000 and base melee is 308. We also have ascendant saddles with 165 armor. We also have a yuty and a deadon. Will that be enough or do we need to breed them to be better. 

We are playing on a weird difficulty where max wild dino level is 96. 

Hope that someone is able to help. Thank you in advance!

58 minutes ago, Predator20801 said:

Hi I wanted to fight the gamma dragon with my friend. It is our first time and we don't know how good our dinos need to be. We are breeding some theris base health is 4000 and base melee is 308. We also have ascendant saddles with 165 armor. We also have a yuty and a deadon. Will that be enough or do we need to breed them to be better. We are playing on a weird difficulty where max wild dino level is 96. Hope that someone is able to help. Thank you in advance!

You will need better dino's. I would suggest leveling your theri's up to 15-20k health and 700 melee or better. Make sure you bring 18 of them, with the yuty and the deadon. Also, try to get better saddles. Primative will do for gamma, but you better get something better for later.

level theris to exactly 21k hp or as close as you can as thats the veggie cake maximum heal. Then put everything else into melee. I soloed alpha dragon on official with 1 yuty, 19 theirs, and they all had 21k hp and 700-800 melee after leveling, no mutations, 70 - 90 armor saddles, and of course veggie cakes. Your theirs will walk over gamma dragon as if it never existed in the first place. Go alpha. Tame high level theris till you have one with at least 40 rolls hp and 40 rolls melee, and that will beat the game for you. Alpha dragon being difficult is a myth perpetuated by the desperate rex fanboys that dont wanna accept their fav dino sucks.

5 hours ago, Predator20801 said:

Oke thanks. I will get the health and melee up on them. 

As for the saddles we have ascendant tire saddles. Aren't those the highest tire? Or am I wrong? 

they are the best, however what are they rated for? I have gotten a ascension saddle bp with 35 armor.....its garbage compared to my 104 saddle bp I found later.

15 hours ago, wizard03 said:

You will need better dino's. I would suggest leveling your theri's up to 15-20k health and 700 melee or better. Make sure you bring 18 of them, with the yuty and the deadon. Also, try to get better saddles. Primative will do for gamma, but you better get something better for later.

At 20k hp and 700 melee with 165 armor saddles, they would effortlessly kill alpha dragon.  Suggesting he needs those stats for gamma is hilarious.

5 hours ago, Reiv said:

At 20k hp and 700 melee with 165 armor saddles, they would effortlessly kill alpha dragon.  Suggesting he needs those stats for gamma is hilarious.

I feel like a lot of people in this thread missed the part where he said he has a max wild dino of 96 on his server.   So he has nerfed dinos, and he has a 165 saddle, so he has boosted saddles.

I don't know how the bosses scale with that, so I've kept my mouth shut, but I see a lot of people giving him answers based on 150 max wild.

30 minutes ago, theopheus said:

I feel like a lot of people in this thread missed the part where he said he has a max wild dino of 96 on his server.   So he has nerfed dinos, and he has a 165 saddle, so he has boosted saddles.

I don't know how the bosses scale with that, so I've kept my mouth shut, but I see a lot of people giving him answers based on 150 max wild.

The bosses don't scale, so the stats he needs are independent of server settings.  He also gave the base stats of his theris so we don't have to worry about if they're nerfed or not - we know what numbers he's working with.

His theris are plenty strong, especially with those saddles, for the gamma fight he asked for.  The person I originally replied to suggested he needed to level/mutate them to stats that are high enough to kill alpha with his saddles.  Gamma is dramatically easier and he could probably take his theris into gamma dragon UNLEVELED with his saddles and they'd be fine.

A lot of people on STA give hilariously overstatted recommendations for boss fights because they're so used to playing on super boosted servers or trading for ultra-op official breeding lines that they have no idea what the actual difficulty of the fights are.  They just know what they use to steamroll them effortlessly.

1 hour ago, Reiv said:

A lot of people on STA give hilariously overstatted recommendations for boss fights because they're so used to playing on super boosted servers or trading for ultra-op official breeding lines that they have no idea what the actual difficulty of the fights are.  They just know what they use to steamroll them effortlessly.

Yea, that's been my experience as well. A few years ago I bred some good Rexes based on what people said was necessary to do the fights (which was a chore because at the time I'd unknowingly capped my sever at level 130). We went into our first boss fight, the gamma Broodmother, expecting a nasty battle. We were pleasantly surprised to find that the Rexes had nearly stomped the Broodmother before we could even get ourselves sorted out and get on the right mounts.

Those Rexes came in handy for many subsequent battles, but it really was overkill at the time.

3 hours ago, Reiv said:

I agree with this.   I was arguing with a guy that was a friend of a friend I let join my private server about how I thought Broodmother was actually tougher than Dragon and he was talking about how easy Broodmother was because you can just take Megatheriums and how dragon was super easy with Theriz.

If you ever had to do your own breeding lines from scratch, you'd know how hard it is to find Megatheriums and Therizinos with good stats because they spawn less than 30 to a map and only about 3 or 4 of them will be above level 100.   The Island actually has the most Theriz spawns and the Island spawns crap levels.  Not to mention Rexes will work for the vast majority of the bosses, so why would you want to raise a whole extra line?   Again the answer is they have ridiculously boosted breeding and maturation rates.

It's easy when you're on official and people have been breeding for years, or unofficials with ridiculously boosted rates and S+ mutation mods.

It's absolutely possible to breed Theriz, Rexes, Megalosaurs, etc. with 40-50 points in each stat, 0 mutations, and kill the bosses on Alpha.

15 hours ago, wizard03 said:

they are the best, however what are they rated for? I have gotten a ascension saddle bp with 35 armor.....its garbage compared to my 104 saddle bp I found later.

Not always...I have gotten cheaper MC saddles with higher armor. (Yes 165 asc saddle is INDEED "the best" considering)

I just wanted to state that sometimes ascendant can be worse (both with mats and armor/damage) than journeyman sometimes.

Just now, BubbaGuy said:

Not always...I have gotten cheaper MC saddles with higher armor. (Yes 165 asc saddle is INDEED "the best" considering)

I just wanted to state that sometimes ascendant can be worse (both with mats and armor/damage) than journeyman sometimes.

yeah, thats what I was trying to point out as well.....usually ascendent stuff is supposed to be the best, but sadly when it comes to saddles, its not a guarantee 

9 hours ago, BubbaGuy said:

At birth: 17,400 at 100%imprint is...20,880. That way one can max the melee (at birth) 1,619% (254 pts) for a 1941% melee at 100% imprint.

Theris of that quality could down alpha dragon with engram saddles and without cakes. They would buzz saw it so fast the dragon wouldn't have time to do any real damage. Any boss you can bring gigas to, bring gigas. For everything else, use theris.

Archived