(Fixed) Server updated to 331.1, but client still at 330.6. No steam update.

Snalibe

• Snalibe changed the title to Server updated to 331.1, but client still at 330.8. No steam update for client.
  • Snalibe changed the title to Server updated to 331.1, but client still at 330.6. No steam update for client.
1 minute ago, TheRealestMVP said:

Pretty sure it again didn't make it through some Steam verification. That happens when you upload hot compiles without preparation and proper testing.

Also, same here.

Everyone make sure you get in line to buy Ark 2.

I'm taking my server offline.  If it takes them a week to fix this crap I don't want that 145 Quetz despawning on me.   Is it normal for game devs to work on a Sunday?

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, theopheus said:

Everyone make sure you get in line to buy Ark 2.

I'm taking my server offline.  If it takes them a week to fix this crap I don't want that 145 Quetz despawning on me.   Is it normal for game devs to work on a Sunday?

It's not going to take a week. Stop being a drama queen. It will be resolved soon.

8 minutes ago, theopheus said:

I'm taking my server offline.  If it takes them a week to fix this crap I don't want that 145 Quetz despawning on me. 

You must be new to ARK. Welcome :)

There's barely a few weeks (or days in case a DLC was released lately) without an update that doesn't go wrong in one way or another, or breaks something. Better get used to it. On my server we have a "who finds out first what they did break this time?" running gag.

• Snalibe changed the title to (Fixed) Server updated to 331.1, but client still at 330.6. No steam update.
13 minutes ago, TheRealestMVP said:

You must be new to ARK. Welcome :)

There's barely a few weeks (or days in case a DLC was released lately) without an update that doesn't go wrong in one way or another, or breaks something. Better get used to it. On my server we have a "who finds out first what they did break this time?" running gag.

I'm not new.  I have over 2500 hours on official and probably another 2000 in SP and just recently started running my own server for some friends.  That's why I have zero faith in WC.

21 minutes ago, GP said:

It's not going to take a week. Stop being a drama queen. It will be resolved soon.

No drama.   Just zero faith. 

I know you've been around long enough to have seen some of the dumb stuff they do.   Do you remember 2 years ago when they deleted everyone's vaults in a patch and then decided to rollback the servers with no warning and 1000's of people lost their characters?  Then they waited like 10 days to decide to halt decay timers after everyone's tames already died?

6 hours ago, GP said:

Client patch is out, restart Steam if you don't see it.

This is not correct.

The steamdb.info page for sub 59231 "Ark Survival Evolved" shows an update 7 hours ago for 34611 "Ark Survival Evolved Content." That's the Windows edition.

The depot 346112 "ARK: Survival Evolved Content Linux" and 346113 "ARK: Survival Evolved Content Mac OS X" last updated  _two_ days ago.  2 days.  Not 6 hours.

That content was last updated on 18 June 2021 – 19:30:42 UTC.

The Linux Dedicated Server did also have an update 8 hours ago (depot ID 376931 in Steam). That is on 20 June 2021 – 19:24:07 UTC.  If you accept that update on your unofficial or dedicated private server then you will lose access from your Linux and Mac clients.

As of 21 June 06:00:00 UTC there is no update for Linux or Mac client content.  But the Summer of Fun content is unlocked.

I expect that either steam verification failed or Q&A at Wildcard caught another x-ray PvP bug. They have released a broken holiday build on Linux and Mac with every event since Turkey Trials in 2020. That is, corruption of DLC content making all structures transparent and granting super 'vision' through all terrain.

Client still lists as 330.2 and no update.  US Region, Linux PC of course. 

No problem with Single Player. 

No access to servers.

Using Steam to join servers just returns Network Failure Message 'Unable to query server info for invite' which is consistent with major version mismatch.

I have restarted Steam, logged out of and back into Steam, verified files multiple times and even shutdown steam completely and restarted it.  Still no update because there is no update for Linux.

All these tricks and workarounds are useless until the content is actually online.  Please check steamdb.info before asking people to verify files or restart steam. 

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, WaveClaw said:

This is not correct.

It was correct for Windows.

Just because you use Linux don't start by pointing out a statement is incorrect just because your personal sitatuion is different. You make a fool of yourself. Instead just say Linux update isn't out.

Anyone else having problems with cryopods since the update?    I had a Griffin in a pod show as an empty pod in my inventory.  I kept trying to use the "empty" pod to pod my wyvern and my toon would just stand there and not even try to throw it out.   It wasn't until I dropped it on the ground thinking it was a bad pod that it updated and read as my Griffin.

Then later as I was riding my wyvern, I found a pod in my inventory that had my wyvern's information on it.   I thought it had somehow duped itself, but then again when I dropped it on the ground, it updated.

9 hours ago, GP said:

Just because you use Linux don't start by pointing out a statement is incorrect just because your personal sitatuion is different. You make a fool of yourself. Instead just say Linux update isn't out.

If there is no solution for all customers, it really isn't right. You didn't mention that it was just Windows clients. Launching an update without being able to update all the clients is a lack of commitment to the players. It's not a particular case, there are many players on other OS.

On 6/21/2021 at 1:08 AM, GP said:

Thank you for correcting yourself. 

steamapp.db information is not _my_ personal experience.  I have no personal involvement with the project.  They are a long term trusted third party authority in the Steam community long predating and extending far beyond WildCard and ARK.

steamapp.db confirms updates are now out for ARK's Linux Content as of 21 June 2021 – 15:56:11 UTC  and should be visible to all users who have purchased one of the known Packages sold through the Steam store.

Due note that I am tracking at least one crash bug with the Extinction map in this update that can be used to denial of service Linux clients in multiplayer.  This crash bug also impact Single Player mode as well.

Archived