What determines the level of the newly hatched baby dinos?

Hello folks first of all i know this topic kind of belongs to Cross-ARK Item Trading & Dino Breeding thread but i'm getting 1f176/3 error and cannot post there so don't storm me for it and if you move the topic there  i won't be able to reach the answers anyway i try my luck. So when i hatch a vulture egg from a level 243 and 190 couple i get a level 200 baby and from level 245/217 couple i get a level 208 baby and that's fine but when hatching argentavis egg from level 60/59 couple i get a level 16 baby. I would appreciate if someone could clear that. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Edited by avrambrankovich
  • Volunteer Moderator
Posted (edited)

Is the 60/59 couple unleveled? Basically is that the level they were once you tamed them?

You can sometimes get lower level than the parents because the RNG factor may take all the lowest points from both parents which would give you the lowest level possible.

Edited by GP

Level of the baby determend by the sum of the points from every stat which they get from parents, from their base unleveled stats. Example: you have fem and male of same lvl, but male has stamina higher than fem, baby which gonna get all mothers stats but fathers stamina gonna be higher lvl than its parent. Hope i didnt make it too complicated for you xD

levels can be affected when u add points to them but this does NOT carry to the baby only the base lvl ( when u tamed it ) is the one that counts i try to breed for melee and weight at most things weght and stam for anything that flys sey argys for test case scenario u tame a dozen or more pick out the highest weight male breed this to all the females u got check babys only raise up the ones which got it or mutated it!! then repeat the lvl must not be bred above 380 as the hard cap for vanilla dinos is 450 ....380 plus ur lvl poins = 450! above this and u cant use ur level points this is called overcap! Doing so will cause it to auto erase on the next server start / update if u pod it the pod becomes locked and can not be used 

Edited by hirogun