Downriver run alpha

TROCKII

On 8/27/2021 at 1:51 PM, Thekuervito said:

Ahhh,you problem is  play Ark in official servers.

I try cyoa misssion 20 pm and server crash,and lost all stuff,next day 9 am i pass cyoa gamma,slipstream sweep beta and alpha then try slide and glide alpha but lost for 2 seconds and lag make imposible to continue.

How gonna play ark without strategy?

you sure make a lot of assumptions.  none of them have been correct btw.

this is not problem only on officials. many missions have many bugs and with microlags and small time for complete, on some alpha missions this is a problem. i have before gene2 starting complete all missions on gene1. after Gene2 start on Gene1 i have 0 missions complete.
i am old man with work and i no have time siting 18hour per day and training every bugy mission. this is a game. for now i have complete 45 missions on g2.
for example   survive the ark alpha. here is a low time and first round is a hardcore.dinos have 7500hp. bow give 450 dmg and you must kill 50 dinos in 6 minutes. dinos have megaspeed and big dmg. 3 -4 hits crash your caped armor, and  dinos sometime hit you for full hp withouth reason in to full equip (my 5k armor). lightning wyvern  kil you on 1-2 hits. wyverns not have hitbox from botom(if you use wooden bow). many dinos have bugy hitboxes. some weapons withouth reason stop working or stop reload, aka longnes rifle reloading is a horrible. grenades work only in first person wiev and sometime stop working and you must reequip them.   many many bugs point reward is low, time is low. mission rename survive the bug
maybe wildcart tel me why dinos in this mission have super boosted speed than normal, and dmg.

canoe on alpha
single canoe on alpha is a good but time for comlete is a very very low 
team alpha canoe is a buggy. withouth reason canoe sometime fly? above water and game? push you back and you obtain dmg  for 50-90% boat hp. time in this mission not problem.
alpha bulbdog is a conciped for ful team ppl . solo is a near imposible complete this mission withouth caped weapons.
star dolphin. many times tel you game out of bounds and teleport you back some meters. why? if i fly in tunels?  camera in this mision is horible . sometime my dolphine fly belly up. 

for normal ppl some missions is a realy hardcore. look how much ppl play on your server and how much have complete some alpha missions. 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

This mission along with the other really not fun but nearly impossible to beat missions, like bulldog fetch alpha, make me want to delete the game. I want to beat gen 2 alpha boss but I’ll never be able to with these ridiculous and not at all fun missions. Who the hell designed these? Why make them nearly impossible to beat? It’s a GAME. Not supposed to be so frustrating nor is it supposed to be only beatable by a select few lucky people who didn’t take damage on a rock where others did. STUPID. 

On 9/16/2021 at 10:46 AM, Phiggs said:

This mission along with the other really not fun but nearly impossible to beat missions, like bulldog fetch alpha, make me want to delete the game. I want to beat gen 2 alpha boss but I’ll never be able to with these ridiculous and not at all fun missions. Who the hell designed these? Why make them nearly impossible to beat? It’s a GAME. Not supposed to be so frustrating nor is it supposed to be only beatable by a select few lucky people who didn’t take damage on a rock where others did. STUPID. 

At this point I'd say bulbdog alpha is a much harder mission than downriver run unless you have a whole group of people working together.

My tribe bounces between unofficials a lot and I'm the designated mission person, and at this point alpha DRR isn't even that bad (usually takes 5 tries or less on a new server).  It's not about being lucky - it can definitely be done with consistency.  It's just unforgiving and takes a lot of practice to be able to reliably complete it.  The most common issue I see a lot of players have is that they point the boat in the direction they want to go without accounting for momentum or current, and constantly drift into walls as a result.

• 11 months later...
On 8/28/2022 at 10:18 AM, burn said:

I'll say it... ark isn't a good enough game to have mini games. Even if you have a perfect run the lag will ruin it. Ffs I hope someone was fired for this idea 

Not everyone is fast on the fingers or as capable as others so I can appreciate the frustration. I've run it countless times and have it locked down. I do believe that 5-10 seconds could be added to alpha to compensate for people not as skilled, have hand issues, lag etc. I don't feel there is a problem with mini-games like they've put in, but to each his own. It's not just about watching the videos either if you can't do on your own. It's also about treating it like a racing game, particularly drifting. May sound funny, but that's how the boat acts so adapt and keep trying. I can tell you that it took me try after try until I locked down a strategy. I taught that to others in the tribe and they were able to finish their own.

• 4 months later...

Canoe mission for console needs more time 60 seconds at least...the aim for the mission should be either a tight time or keeping the conoe from damage having both is a gatekeeper from alpha rockwell prime. Star dolphin alpha also needs worked on for console either give us the ability to slow down or slow the mission down because bad controlling...or even better give the astrodelphis lvl 1 for some reason more health...u can't have bad controls mixed with no health another gatekeeper to rockwell prime... these mission should be fun and shouldn't be the most frustrating thing on earth

Archived