Downriver run alpha

TROCKII

This mission is almost impossible to complete. I saw a video on YouTube of how people were able to pass it, but they did not count the damage to the boat. I have already memorized the entire route and am going through it perfectly, but I do not have enough time. On our server, no one was able to pass this mission. Need to add time, we all want alpha rockwell !!!

I have run ot many times. Every couple days I'll take it for a spin. Yesterday I was a few meters from the finish line when time ran out. Seems to need perfection to beat... too difficult or too little time I would say.  Probably need another 30 seconds or else they need to chill out the canoe damage a bit. Very unforgiving. A single misstep and you're out of the race

With almost allday 150 - 200+ Ping, lag and rubberbanding its not possible to do this Mission on Offical PVE Servers.

Same for Circuit Chase Alpha. Both Missions need to get more Time to finish them.

Wildcard should Design Missions and all for Offical Servers and not for Singleplayer or Unoffical where the Performance is a lot better.

Even on unofficial alpha solo canoe is ludicrously difficult.  It's a 5 minute long run with almost 0 margin for error.

Alpha enforcer has been frustrating because the controls are so buggy and inconsistent, but the race is a lot shorter and the run killer section is about 30 seconds in so you just bail if it goes tits up and go again.  Once you get to the upside down sections you're basically home free and you either have enough time left or you don't.

Canoe on the other hand has the first ~3 minutes being relatively easy and straight forward, with the last 2 minutes being hell on earth.  So with a bit of practice you can consistently hit time checkpoints for over half the race, but you can get a half dozen enforcer attempts in in the time it takes to do one canoe attempt.

With an extra 20 seconds, I think a lot more people would be able to do it. It would still be difficult and require perfection - but the amount of times I finished under the fireworks almost made me yeet my computer. 

But overall - the poopty thing about the races is that there's no way to "better prepare". You cannot breed better combat mounts. You cannot grind better armour. It's just the same poopty canoe, the same poopty rubberbanding and (potentially) the same poopty skills you may or may not have. 

So far as I can tell, none of the player stats improve it. None of the curries improve it. You can't even really cheat on this mission. Ghost prevents you from being able to make check points and most of the map is just holes - at best you can dodge the horrible S curve, but toggling it on/off removes all your current momentum. Fly prevents you from drifting. The only *cheat* that helps is GCM/invulnerable - but you still have to make the time. 

I just finished this on Official Xbox PVE. While this is a very hard mission, it's very possible.

I had to wait until the server was stable with some of the recent updates and I also came across a very insightful video on YouTube.

The trick to save some time is at the zig zag part where you most likely crash. When the current takes a sharp left, you take a sharp left as well. It will seem like you're driving straight into the bank. This positions you to paddle backwards to make the right turn. From there, you're already facing left again to continue down the stream.

I only had 2 seconds left when I completed the run.

So just an FYI, correct me if you think I’m wrong. But I compared my run on Xbox series x, to a pc players run. Ran exactly the same route, I hit NOTHING, he hit 2 rocks. He passed, I failed. Here’s the main problem comparing our runs. Even right off the bat the first few seconds, visibly his canoe on pc is slightly faster then mine on console. Getting to the first waterfall, he was 30 seconds ahead of me. My hypothesis, canoe on console is slower then the canoe on pc. YES I paddle as fast as it will let me.

• 2 weeks later...

I try this mission yet over 50 times on alpha and all my best runs i was 1 or 2 seconds from the finish (but all of this trys was lucky with 0 DMG although i had a lot of crashes).
So that means with a normal save run (where crashes do dmg to the canoe) you need 15-20 seconds more to beat them (especially if you want to do it several times).
And the dmg must been reduced because some times my canoe will be fully destroyed by only one crash.

Yes, this mission needs some tweaking and fixing. From a 60+ server only one person somehow did it.
You cant go fight alpha rockwell without this mission.
Its impossible, you have almost no time and the canoe is too incosistent. Sometimes you hit rock and nothing happens, sometimes you only pass closer to a rock and it instantly fails mission and destroys canoe. Can we please do something about it?

I guess this are the two ultimate issue of gen 2:

The missions, stryder taming,  and boss arena are designed with zero consideration of either server or client performace.

Even if someone tried so hard to complete all missions, the ultimate challenge becomes to find someone to join him in the boss arena: since you cant even join unless you have all the missions completed.

On 7/3/2021 at 2:42 PM, ttoGSick said:

And the dmg must been reduced because some times my canoe will be fully destroyed by only one crash.

This is what I noticed too. I think the damage sensitivity is zero or near zero at the start until the half course. Then the damage sensitivity raises.

Maybe that's the trick. Drive it rough and do not care about damage in the beginning.

Circuit Chase Alpha and both River missions on Alpha are infact not that difficult, I've done them all on official.
You need to invest time practicing these and if you have patience you WILL beat them.

Some tips for anyone struggling with these:

Alpha canoe tips:

1. Watch the youtube videos and study the route to take. DYOR.
2. IMPORTANT: Practice it on single player which has no lag. Dont try official until you're hitting the right times on single player.
3. Keep your finger on 'W' the entire time, unless you have some kind of correction to do.
4. Hug all the corners
5. The two S bends is where most people waste the most time, you need to get through these points quickly.
6. On official, its all about timing. On OC I had to wake up early, 4-5am and do the missions on official when the ping was good.

Alpha circuit chase tips:

1. Watch the youtube videos and study. DYOR.
2. Sprint off the start (hold right click, aim the beam as far as u can and release when timer hits 0)
3. The room where u fall into an air vent, make sure you drop off to the left, so when it shoots you up you can grab the wall.
4. The room with the 3 ledges after the vent: jump to the first ledge (w+shift+space), sprint to the 2nd ledge (right click) and sprint to the 3rd ledge (right click) - landing on ledges! - if you dont do this, forget it.....
5. The room where you run across the roof can take some time to get use to, but keep trying it and eventually you will work out a system, i personally flick my orientation around.
6. The big drop off you have near the end (after crawling on the roof), you want to use your right click sprint, its all about timing, hold it in and when you see the gap then release it to shoot yourself through the hole.
7. Sprint at the end when going through the speed rings.
8. Sprint anywhere else in the mission you can to shave off time.
9. Practice on single player, so you understand how its meant to work and how the grappling behaves under perfect conditions. Dont try official until you're hitting the right times on single player.
10. If you find you dont grab onto walls properly, this is lag! - dont even attempt alpha when this happens, because you do need a perfect run.
11. On official, its all about timing. On OC I had to wake up early, 4-5am and do the missions on official when the ping was good.

• 1 month later...

raptor this mission if you use a controller, u have to consistently hold up on left analog stick and if u turn, u slow down and that’s how u lose time! I have had multiple perfect runs and have been just past last speed boost but never finished on alpha!!! I’m going to reiterate, This mission is broken as raptor unless ur using a keyboard and mouse then u have a slight chance!!!

On 7/24/2021 at 9:32 AM, MostSpy said:

Circuit Chase Alpha and both River missions on Alpha are infact not that difficult, I've done them all on official.
You need to invest time practicing these and if you have patience you WILL beat them.

Some tips for anyone struggling with these:

Alpha canoe tips:

1. Watch the youtube videos and study the route to take. DYOR.
2. IMPORTANT: Practice it on single player which has no lag. Dont try official until you're hitting the right times on single player.
3. Keep your finger on 'W' the entire time, unless you have some kind of correction to do.
4. Hug all the corners
5. The two S bends is where most people waste the most time, you need to get through these points quickly.
6. On official, its all about timing. On OC I had to wake up early, 4-5am and do the missions on official when the ping was good.

Alpha circuit chase tips:

1. Watch the youtube videos and study. DYOR.
2. Sprint off the start (hold right click, aim the beam as far as u can and release when timer hits 0)
3. The room where u fall into an air vent, make sure you drop off to the left, so when it shoots you up you can grab the wall.
4. The room with the 3 ledges after the vent: jump to the first ledge (w+shift+space), sprint to the 2nd ledge (right click) and sprint to the 3rd ledge (right click) - landing on ledges! - if you dont do this, forget it.....
5. The room where you run across the roof can take some time to get use to, but keep trying it and eventually you will work out a system, i personally flick my orientation around.
6. The big drop off you have near the end (after crawling on the roof), you want to use your right click sprint, its all about timing, hold it in and when you see the gap then release it to shoot yourself through the hole.
7. Sprint at the end when going through the speed rings.
8. Sprint anywhere else in the mission you can to shave off time.
9. Practice on single player, so you understand how its meant to work and how the grappling behaves under perfect conditions. Dont try official until you're hitting the right times on single player.
10. If you find you dont grab onto walls properly, this is lag! - dont even attempt alpha when this happens, because you do need a perfect run.
11. On official, its all about timing. On OC I had to wake up early, 4-5am and do the missions on official when the ping was good.

This is a video game, you shouldn't have to spend multiple hours studying, a hundred hours practicing, setting alarm clocks to get up at specific time, and doing homework just for the slight chance it might work.  This is not a college course, its a video game.  Add all of that to the the fact it has garbage controls, lag, rubber banding, taking damage from things that you aren't even close to, and floating above the water, and what you have is a complete train wreck.  The people over at wildcard need to hang up on facespace, put down the twinkies, and do a little bit of work for a change and address the mountain of bugs their aborted train wreck of a dumpster fire has.  But we are all well aware that will never happen.

19 hours ago, SLlCK said:

This is a video game, you shouldn't have to spend multiple hours studying, a hundred hours practicing, setting alarm clocks to get up at specific time, and doing homework just for the slight chance it might work.  This is not a college course, its a video game.  Add all of that to the the fact it has garbage controls, lag, rubber banding, taking damage from things that you aren't even close to, and floating above the water, and what you have is a complete train wreck.  The people over at wildcard need to hang up on facespace, put down the twinkies, and do a little bit of work for a change and address the mountain of bugs their aborted train wreck of a dumpster fire has.  But we are all well aware that will never happen.

Haha the word study drives kids crazy. Someone spend hours to get mutations in dinos to defeat bosses like the dragon.

Without practice/strategy,how gonna make bosses or missions?not all videogames are easy

On 8/26/2021 at 8:45 AM, Thekuervito said:

Haha the word study drives kids crazy. Someone spend hours to get mutations in dinos to defeat bosses like the dragon.

Without practice/strategy,how gonna make bosses or missions?not all videogames are easy

Never said I wanted it easy.  In fact I pretty much hate genesis 2 because every aspect of it minus the missions is easy.  half the missions are impossible due to bad programming, QA, and proper testing.    But again, its a game.  There should be no studying, no setting alarm clocks,     its     a     game.  Your life should not revolve around playing a game, and setting alarm clocks to do missions is in fact revolving around it.

Archived