Add non-building zones around mission dispatchers on Gen2

Observer

5 hours ago, Observer said:

No-build zones on genesis two around mission dispatchers to prevent vault dropping and turret towers around them.  

This is ruining the experience on Gen2 

I wish they would have made the tunnels and airlocks that bridge the 2 main biomes non buildable too.

I haven't run into turrets yet, but I know it's coming one day. Someone on my server was flipping out in chat about turrets in one of the airlocks yesterday. 

It's ridiculous imo that they also allow building in the tunnel to rockwells innards. I'm honestly shocked no one's blocked it off yet.

11 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

I wish they would have made the tunnels and airlocks that bridge the 2 main biomes non buildable too.

I haven't run into turrets yet, but I know it's coming one day. Someone on my server was flipping out in chat about turrets in one of the airlocks yesterday. 

It's ridiculous imo that they also allow building in the tunnel to rockwells innards. I'm honestly shocked no one's blocked it off yet.

Absolutely. On one server, they have a double deathwall on both sides already.

1 hour ago, TheF00l said:

lol, today i found a server with every single tunnel and airlock deathwalled in both biomes. big mistake from WC to think it wouldn't happen. the recent dupes have made it real bad

They really never learn or just straight up dont care.

The exact same thing happened in gen 1.

People would turret tower all the spawns in a given biome and when you teleported in you got obliterated. Tribes were locking off entire biomes until WC finally made spawn areas non buildable. Then people would just leave aggressive Gigas and bloodstalkers around.

Its really not hard to see that making narrow passages the only way between biomes while allowing turret placement would be a recipe for disaster.

This is the type of thing that gets caught when your game actually has real testing but clearly WC struggled to even get the DLC out 6 months late, so legit testing was never going to happen. Look no further than the Dolphin missions for proof of that.

Archived