Taming on Genesis 2 nerfed

Noa

A lot harder to tame and loosing many levels of taming bonus.

No is not problem in not having kible.

For example taming dodo level 150 on island without kible with mejo you loose max 2 levels ( of 75 ) so your dodo will be at least lvl 223.

On Genesis 2 you loose 20 levels and dodo will be 205 lvl oinly. Thats a lot levels lost.

Well for dodo who care but we tamed big mobs and i was always pissed of result and thinking that was my fault.

Now i know is not, its nerfed.

6 hours ago, Game0ver17 said:

My guess is that the taming speed is overwritten by missions effects, for example we have evo event and the taming speed is 2x and then somebody did a mission that increase taming speed in gen2 by 1.5x, the game will use the 1.5x speed and not 2x. Sorry for my english lol I hope you understand what i mean.

Seems to me that your guess is right by looking patch notes of today deploying patch :)

34 minutes ago, Stiffeno said:

Yeah I get that sometimes, I’ll be getting ready to tame a Pego and before I realise what’s happened, I’ve “accidentally” chainsawed it to death.

Welp, accidentally hitting a knocked out dino isn't that far fetched.

You have knocked out a dino, put in food and narcos. Waiting by it to use the narcos once torpor has dropped. While you wait you tab over to your browser on the other screen to browse random stuff, keeping an eye on the meter on the main screen. When it's close you 'by habit' move the cursor over to the main screen and click to select the game and Voila! You punched the dino.....

Back when ARK was new and we didn't have super spyglass mod or the new taming interface so you could watch the torpor from a far then this was a common occurrence :)

Archived