Why is Ark unplayable "offline"

Tagyriit

2 hours ago, Tagyriit said:

Why is Ark now unplayable while "offline" is single player no longer an option?

Since Genises 2 I have been unable to play Ark when I am offline (not connected to the internet) and previous to this I had no problem doing so.

I noticed this, too. The game crashed on me and I noticed my Internet connection was disconnected. I tried playing without it and it kept crashing, until my Internet connection was restored. I posted my crash report in a thread where others got the same one.

I always get at least one crash on SP every time and the longer the session the more likely it is(memory leaks?). After the last Patch on PS5 performance got so much worse. On Launch I was pleasantly surprised how stable the game was(missions aside). Now after the patches,  I get the same bug as Extinction where the foliage randomly disappears, more stutters, more intrusive pop-in and more crashes. I don't know how they manage to make things worse with each patch instead of better...and the notes keep saying 'performance improvements'  which is such a great irony 

Same issue here. Have been trying to fix the issue with others on the steam forums, have written WC multiple times for a couple weeks, done full re-installs, edited my hosts file (like a fix mentioned), deleted saves folder, disabled anti-virus, tried new launch commands, etc, etc.... nothing helped. I am so dang defeated right now and just ready to write off this game for good (after 3500 hours of play). Was the perfect game for me and now it's basically gone because I refuse to play any game that requires a connection to the internet. I have talked to 3 people who found "other" ways of fixing it and getting a version that is not broken by this issue. So sad they had to go that route to play a dang game they own. I am so dang p***ed right now, like I said, I am ready to abandon Ark all together.

Archived