Beating The Island

PrimaI

Also, with the rarity of Alpha Reapers and even more rare Alpha Basilisks, losing to Rockwell is extremely costly and can set you back months.    In addition, Single Player mode won't let you do the fight from a drop or even a surface obelisk if you wanted to risk it, so you can't take a number of dinos like the Tek Stego into the fight because you have to run the fight from the rad zone.

1 minute ago, theopheus said:

There are a number of dinos (the Rock Drake) that can go through the Tek Cave, but not teleport to the boss arena.   Normally, as you said, you wouldn't be able to take an argy at all, so it's possible all flyers are on that list.   There was a point in time you could use cryopods in the cave up until a point, so you could take a Giga through the Cave and then pod it at a certain point, but evidently they removed it.    Tek Cave was a long slow ordeal when I did it straight up.   The first time I used a glide suit and a tek suit/shotgun in the overseer fight.

Archaeopteryx don't dismount you.   You're thinking of microraptor.  They look nearly identical.  Archaeopteryx will flee if you get too close to it.

It's amazing to me the number of people saying "you don't even need tames to do Rockwell" because someone posted a youtube video doing it.   I've done it solo without tames using the cactus broth/shotgun method and I don't believe it's possible on official because of the itemclamping that puts a shotgun at max 298 damage and the timer.    If you had a number of people with you, sure.  It's doable then.   But otherwise, nope.   Most of the people bragging about this are playing on unofficial boosted servers with 400+ damage shotguns.

Rockwell solo on a Drake is easy until the round where the Reapers show up.   Then there are so many orbs it becomes a nightmare.

Yeah, that makes sense now that I couldn't go with my Argy and also couldn't use cryopods, I didn't think of that, so thank you! :)

You're absolutely right, I did confused the Archaeopteryx with the Microraptor! My bad, thanks for pointing that out. :)

Yeah, I agree, tames with Rockwell are pretty much a necessity. I spent way too much time defending against those purple orbs, because they are extremely deadly. I couldn't hardly get a shot in at Rockwell because of them, so yeah you need tames to hit him and also to kill the other creatures.

1 hour ago, GregoPeck said:

I don't know how you're supposed to beat the Manticore without flyers, but now that I think about it, the Tek armor would probably work. I did once long ago beat the Broodmother. I'm not sure what difficulty it was and I think I brought in some Rexes, I don't remember since it was so long ago. That may have been the only boss I was able to beat, though I could be wrong and was able to beat another. I don't remember if I used the "infinitestats" command.

When I was on scorch official servers 2 years ago we were farming Manticore Alpha with no flyers.  We got a few Velo on turret mode but the main damage was done by Rex when she landed. You need to rush her quick sometimes she gets stuck in rexes. We failed once on timer because she just did not want to land at all.  That being said, we always went in with at least 4 people, one of them on a giga doing only Rock elementals and avoiding other damage.

1 hour ago, theopheus said:

There's no one boss fight, I don't think, that will unlock all the things you want.   You can look at the chart for yourself:
https://ark.fandom.com/wiki/Tek_Tier#Buildings

Those Rexes should be able to easily do the Center Arena, which would give you monkey and broodmother, and Ragnarok Arena that will give you most of Dragon's engrams as well as a few Ragnarok exclusive items (I think the tek light is Rag only, and Tek Shield is rare among the other boss fights.)

From what I see from you're link I will to do the following to get most of the thing I need to build my base:

1 - Broodmother Lysrix (Beta) (looks like it doable from the Island or The center but with Megapithecus (Beta) )

2 - Crystal Wyvern Queen (Beta) on Crystal Island (this is where my home base is, I guess I could join a ride along on that one)

3 - Megapithecus (Beta) (the center with Broodmother Lysrix (Beta)).

I wonder how hard is the center fight with both Broodmother Lysrix (Beta) and Megapithecus (Beta) because I would get a 2 for 1 engrams on that fight)

I already did Manticore Alpha 2 years ago so I have those engrams:

Tek Forcefield:  240 elements per day to have that protecting you're base, are they insane or what??  unsable...

54 minutes ago, Herbapou said:

From what I see from you're link I will to do the following to get most of the thing I need to build my base:

1 - Broodmother Lysrix (Beta) (looks like it doable from the Island or The center but with Megapithecus (Beta) )

2 - Crystal Wyvern Queen (Beta) on Crystal Island (this is where my home base is, I guess I could join a ride along on that one)

3 - Megapithecus (Beta) (the center with Broodmother Lysrix (Beta)).

I wonder how hard is the center fight with both Broodmother Lysrix (Beta) and Megapithecus (Beta) because I would get a 2 for 1 engrams on that fight)

I already did Manticore Alpha 2 years ago so I have those engrams:

Tek Forcefield:  240 elements per day to have that protecting you're base, are they insane or what??  unsable...

The Center Boss fight is extremely easy, IMO.    The Monkey and Spider are drastically nerfed compared to their Island counterparts.  The Monkey USED to be dangerous because his rock throw could one-hit people, but they nerfed that a long time ago.   If you look on youtube there is actually a method to kill them both with a shotgun from a ledge with no tames.

22 hours ago, theopheus said:

Daedon is the most overrated dinosaur in any ark related media.  The amount of upkeep isn't worth the payoff.   You fill it up with meat and get maybe one healing wave in return.   Some people actually spend the time making dodo kibble to fill it up, which is insane to me.  And it's useless as a fighter and if its unridden you have to constantly watch it so it doesn't get killed.

And most importantly, most of us regularly beat the bosses on official without one.

Iv never fought a boss without one, and I swear the way it works is the deadon absorbs damage for your dinos till its out of food. To me, its more like a temporary shield  than a health regenerator. As for the dodo kibble, couple dozen dodo's laying eggs wherever your grinding at, pick em up every so often and throw em into the fridge, then after you get a couple stacks, just cook em up with tinto berry , ama berry, cooked meat and mejo. Boom, instant food refill for a boss run. 

It makes a huge difference for a dragon run. In fact we accidentally left the cakes behind during the beta run on the dragon. Only lost two theri's, and probably wouldn't have lost any if we did remember the cakes.

3 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Iv never fought a boss without one, and I swear the way it works is the deadon absorbs damage for your dinos till its out of food. To me, its more like a temporary shield  than a health regenerator. As for the dodo kibble, couple dozen dodo's laying eggs wherever your grinding at, pick em up every so often and throw em into the fridge, then after you get a couple stacks, just cook em up with tinto berry , ama berry, cooked meat and mejo. Boom, instant food refill for a boss run. 

It makes a huge difference for a dragon run. In fact we accidentally left the cakes behind during the beta run on the dragon. Only lost two theri's, and probably wouldn't have lost any if we did remember the cakes.

we do these fights on official about 10 of each monkey and brood to stock up on ele for a few months and we do dragon when people need engrams. we *never* ever use a pig. they are useless and totally food hogs.( for some that  just putting in commands. why bother trying to be semi official?) This is 100% official and the pig is just not useful. But there are a few people out there here and there that swear by them. but they don't put up a shield.

6 hours ago, Sativa420 said:

we do these fights on official about 10 of each monkey and brood to stock up on ele for a few months and we do dragon when people need engrams. we *never* ever use a pig. they are useless and totally food hogs.( for some that  just putting in commands. why bother trying to be semi official?) This is 100% official and the pig is just not useful. But there are a few people out there here and there that swear by them. but they don't put up a shield.

I know. The more I thought about it, the more I thought the choice of words was wrong. Yet I don't know how to describe it....you ride the pig, turn on the healing effect, you go into his inventory and start slamming kibble or prime, and as you force feed the pig, his food stat doesn't just go down a little slowly, you see huge chunks of it disappear with every attack made by creature your fighting. But if you check everyone else, they are perfectly fine. Like they never even took any damage.

If its not a shield, its some very weird mechanics at play...

1 hour ago, temporeeoacountio said:

You don't use tames to kill overseer. Take a tek chestpiece and fly above it while shooting it to death with a shotgun. Use a glider suit to get through the tek cave.

Yep. I hadn't thought of that strategy until I found it here. I don't usually use the Tek armor or glider suit, so that could be why I hadn't considered it. Thanks for the tip!

Archived