Am I boss ready?

Andyk93

2 hours ago, Andyk93 said:

Okay so I’ve now got 13 fully grown rexes levelled up with ascendant 104 armour saddles and a random 150 tamed yuty. We are going to give it a go tomorrow and see what happens. The rexes have about 75k hp and 2000%+ damage. I honestly can’t see why we couldn’t kill them

Try monkey or spider first, save dragon for last. If you breeze through both the spider and monkey, Id still be a little on edge for the dragon, but I would try it too.

Okay we went for gamma and then beta spider tonight. 19 rexes 1 random yuti, with 104 armour saddles. They all had about 70k hp 2000% damage and it was the easiest thing I’ve done in ark. The gamma fight took 45 seconds and the beta took 1 minute 20. The rexes lost 1k health in both one after the other. We are going to try alpha spider tomorrow and then all 3 megapithecus. I’m unsure about the dragon as I think if he hits with fireballs it actually kills you off your tame so bit worried about that 

2 hours ago, Andyk93 said:

Okay we went for gamma and then beta spider tonight. 19 rexes 1 random yuti, with 104 armour saddles. They all had about 70k hp 2000% damage and it was the easiest thing I’ve done in ark. The gamma fight took 45 seconds and the beta took 1 minute 20. The rexes lost 1k health in both one after the other. We are going to try alpha spider tomorrow and then all 3 megapithecus. I’m unsure about the dragon as I think if he hits with fireballs it actually kills you off your tame so bit worried about that 

can confirm this, if you dont have enough health stat to tank a couple shots, you can indeed be killed off the back of your rex. Or yuty.

Best advice is to get the best armor you got, 100 med brews, enduro stew, and some battle tartar. The battle tartar will let you take 15% less damage, but without the enduro stew, you will loose about 90 hit points over the course of its duration.

Once the battle starts, keep moving around the best you can to try and prevent any "direct" shots. I find it best to spawn in, work along the edge of the wall from the ruins towards the lava vein, then back again. When the pteradons pop up, take a couple bites while walking, but don't get stuck in the middle of the rexs. Thats when a fireball can really hit home. After he lands, force him to come to you, and once the dragon is across the lava veins, tear him a new one!

4 hours ago, wizard03 said:

can confirm this, if you dont have enough health stat to tank a couple shots, you can indeed be killed off the back of your rex. Or yuty.

Best advice is to get the best armor you got, 100 med brews, enduro stew, and some battle tartar. The battle tartar will let you take 15% less damage, but without the enduro stew, you will loose about 90 hit points over the course of its duration.

Once the battle starts, keep moving around the best you can to try and prevent any "direct" shots. I find it best to spawn in, work along the edge of the wall from the ruins towards the lava vein, then back again. When the pteradons pop up, take a couple bites while walking, but don't get stuck in the middle of the rexs. Thats when a fireball can really hit home. After he lands, force him to come to you, and once the dragon is across the lava veins, tear him a new one!

Are you sure about this?  I don't think the Dragon's fire harms you on your mount, but the dimorphs definitely target you and not your dino.   I've had the Crystal Wyvern Queen fight glitch and I took direct fire from her in my first attempt.  That fight just sucks all around due to the fact she won't land and then you're forced to use the waterfall exploit.

10 hours ago, Andyk93 said:

I did alpha dragon on offical with worse rexstats and they melted the dragon in a couple minutes. 
I had 17 rexes with 124saddles 1 yuty and 2 pigs, didnt even need to use the pigs at all. 

17 hours ago, theopheus said:

Are you sure about this?  I don't think the Dragon's fire harms you on your mount, but the dimorphs definitely target you and not your dino.   I've had the Crystal Wyvern Queen fight glitch and I took direct fire from her in my first attempt.  That fight just sucks all around due to the fact she won't land and then you're forced to use the waterfall exploit.

100% sure, I have died from the fireball attack couple times. {I had done a mindwipe and forgot to restat after crafting saddles and stuff} The fireball attack is while the dragon is up in the air and flying around. Once he is on the ground and does a flame breath attack, I think it only effects your dino. But its the fireball from the sky that can kill you off your mount.
As for the dimorphs, yeah. They hit you even while mounted. 

Archived