Am I boss ready?

Andyk93

Hi, I’ve been working hard the last month or so to breed rexes. Ive managed to get 10 full grown rexes base stats 35k hp 1400% damage. These will only have primitive saddles because of the bug at the minute with the supply drops. Would I need to keep going on the breeding or is 10 going to easily do the gamma bosses? 

1 hour ago, Andyk93 said:

Hi, I’ve been working hard the last month or so to breed rexes. Ive managed to get 10 full grown rexes base stats 35k hp 1400% damage. These will only have primitive saddles because of the bug at the minute with the supply drops. Would I need to keep going on the breeding or is 10 going to easily do the gamma bosses? 

Depends on the bosses you mean, I would air on the side of caution and try lower difficulty bosses because it’s better to whoop an easy boss, than to get whooped by a harder boss and get wiped.

2 hours ago, Andyk93 said:

Monkey, yes....spider, maybe....dragon, I would not risk it. Might throw a yuty and deadon in on the matter, then Id say you have a fighting chance, but still would not try the dragon.

Currently the only ways of getting BP's above primitive is to tame a lipurodon or fishing. Since you got rex's you can fish for a blueprint, but you might wanna go trash some alpha mosa's or tuso's to get a better quality fishing rod

43 minutes ago, Andyk93 said:

Thanks guys I do have a couple yuty growing up now. Would 19 good deinonychus and yuty/Rex/theri work for the dragon? These are easier to breed for me than the theri as they take less time

I don’t think Deino have enough health to survive Dragon, they also take more damage as they are meat eaters…I would bite the bullet and just take the extra time for Theri or Rexs as it will work out as a better investment.

Plus good chance to get mutations while breeding, got my first melee mutation on my new Theri army today🤗

37 minutes ago, Stiffeno said:

I don’t think Deino have enough health to survive Dragon, they also take more damage as they are meat eaters…I would bite the bullet and just take the extra time for Theri or Rexs as it will work out as a better investment.

Plus good chance to get mutations while breeding, got my first melee mutation on my new Theri army today🤗

We beat alpha Dragon on official xbox  with three Deinonychos 😉

From vanilla view, the bosses were designed for 'normal' dino's, top tamed or nice mixed, not 'the magic 377' breeds. Solo 99% is your saddle, any rex with 1000%+ dmg already is a walk in the park damagewise. Even the 'old' 600% rexes with proper saddles can take ape and broodmother easily, the dragon is only hard because of the extra damage of flames, your weakness isnt the offense, but your defense. (and yes, 1 day i will solo bosses with stego's only - self bred).

Now i just roll with therries, 124 saddles, cakes filled up and they can compete easy with Rexes and take alot less damage from dragon. 

2 hours ago, Austria said:

We beat alpha Dragon on official xbox  with three Deinonychos 😉

Official has the benefit of a year and a half of breeding lines.   If he's just now hatching his own Deino eggs from scratch, he'll be lucky to get 30 points in a stat.   People who play on these ultra boosted servers, or official where there are 100's, of breeders getting mutations are going to have it a lot easier.

The common strategy against dragon is to use Theriz because of the veggie cake buff, but finding decent level Theriz and then getting lucky enough to get 40 points in the 2 main stats can take a long time.  Rexes on the other hand, you can just go to The Center and tame them all day.

When I solo dragon on SP with my unmutated lines, I use Aberrant Megalosaurs tamed in the Elemental chamber.   Lately I've been able to add a few Deinos and they help immensely, but if I took 3 of them against the dragon solo, I'd get wrecked I think.   

The key with Megas, is to take 1 Yuty and ride it.   People see youtube videos with the Dragon ignoring the Megas and they think it's a cheat.   The thing is, the Dragon prioritizes the bigger tame.   It still involves a bit of skill to keep the Megas between you and the dragon.   Otherwise its you on a Yuty by yourself, 1 on 1 vs the Dragon, because he DOES ignore the Megas.   5 fire breaths and you're done.

Regarding OP's question.  I'm no expert because my Rexes are barely mutated and hatch at 419 melee.  When fully leveled I can get them around 900.   But those primitive saddles would make me nervous.    Unfortunately it was actually quicker for me to breed all of my Rex stats together than the amount of time it took me to find a good Rex saddle because of how poorly the loot tables are constructed.   Best place is a Purple OSD on Extinction, or the water caverns on Crystal Isles.   If your playing exclusively on the island, the best place is the west water cave.   Most people will say Swamp Cave, but that's only because it's easier to run.   The water caves have a chance of a Rex saddle in every drop, blue, yellow, or red, but the east cave is much harder.

I actually think Broodmother is much more difficult than the Dragon.   It took me 3-4 tries to beat her and I still lost 7 Rexes in the fight.   Of course you could try Megatheriums, but they are even harder to find than Theriz when starting from scratch and it's another breeding line to maintain.  Not only that, but Megatheriums gestate, so you can't pod them when pregnant.

Of course I also play with "use single player settings" turned off.   I know the bosses on the Island are hard coded to be easier, but otherwise I play with as close to official settings as possible.

Ok op listen to me, the issue of primitive drops was resolved in a patch, so I would recommend checking again for more better saddles.

you’re stats are fantastic especially for the gamma bosses, now some will say “What about the dragon.” The dragon is not an issue on gamma with these Rex stats, the breath on gamma is way less dangerous than the alpha dragon’s and, so it is not an issue.

I would also take the deinonychus with 7k-3k health and 600%-800% damage with good saddles, they would be fine especially since you are using them as support and not as main combat units, and for gamma they will survive if you use them as support which in that case bring 6, If you are going for main combat units, then go for 12 or 10 deinonychus with 11-8k health and 890% damage with good saddles.

Valguero and Crystal isles are best place to get saddles and that’s considering you are not playing just the island.A fact which is made obvious by you using deinonychus, a valguero exclusive tame. Crystal Isles anywhere would be fine but water caves/snow are better in quality, Valguero anywhere is fine but snow/white cliffs/caves are better than the rest for the rêxes, daeodon or yutyrannus. Valguero is the only place to get deinonychus saddles due to them exclusively found on that map, but your loot quality and difficulty settings also affects this, so please post that as that play role on what saddles you could get.

Here is the obligatiory and obvious, bring yutyrannus and daeodon, both on passive and, put the daeodon on passive healing, ignore whistle/group commands in and make it follow you in the radial settings and make the yutyrannus not gather resources.

So here is what your stats for all the dinos and equipment should be:

Normal army (Where the deinonychus are the support and not the main combat units.)

12 rexes with 35k health and 1400% damage.

6 deinonychus with 7-3k health and 600-800% damage 
1 yutyrannus with 20-30k health and rest points go to stamina, as a yutyrannus role in general is of the general, not the soldier.
1 Daeodon with 40k health and bunch of points into food, plus one outside the fight in a cyropod if the one with you dies but you win the fight.

one shotgun with damage above 480% with 500-600 shotgun shells which you use if you lose 45%-75% or higher of all mounts

Ghillie armour for dragon and broodmother but for the megapithicus use ascendant or mastercraft fur armour.

Couple of medbrews or meat, plus 4 canteens.

Deinonychus army (Where the deinonychus are not the support but are the main combat units.)

6-8 rexes with 35k health and 1400% damage.

12-10 deinonychus with 11-9k health and 890% damage 
1 yutyrannus with 20-30k health and rest points go to stamina, as a yutyrannus role in general is of the general, not the soldier.
1 Daeodon with 40k health and bunch of points into food, plus one outside the fight in a cyropod if the one with you dies but you win the fight.

one shotgun with damage above 480% with 500-600 shotgun shells which you use if you lose 45%-75% or higher of all mounts

Ghillie armour for dragon and broodmother but for the megapithicus use ascendant or mastercraft fur armour.

Couple of medbrews or meat, plus 4 canteens.

Sorry for the block of text.

4 hours ago, theopheus said:

Official has the benefit of a year and a half of breeding lines.   If he's just now hatching his own Deino eggs from scratch, he'll be lucky to get 30 points in a stat.   People who play on these ultra boosted servers, or official where there are 100's, of breeders getting mutations are going to have it a lot easier.

T I

We also beat alpha Dragon with a group of Lv45-90 Deinonychos eggs from wild one and one Spino to defence against the Dimorphs. The trick is only unridden deinos Attack the dragon so he will not bit or use fire. 

You have a good bunch there. You can certainly start with the Gamma Spider and then Monkey.

I think a Yuti for any boss fight is a significant enhancement. It gives both a damage and defense buff for your rush.

Be sure to drop eggs from all females.

I'm a fan of using deinos as fodder. They are an easy breed, like rapters... so I let them die without shedding a tear.

If you are primarily looking to get your engrams, might I suggest hitting the Valguero Boss arena to kill 3 birds with one pack. 4 or 5 deinys will rips thru the dragon pretty quick, and if you watch a vid or two on the tactics, you can eat up the other two bosses at your leisure.

Take out the spider on the island, then the other two on Valguero Beta. You will be pleased with the rewards.

4 hours ago, Austria said:

We also beat alpha Dragon with a group of Lv45-90 Deinonychos eggs from wild one and one Spino to defence against the Dimorphs. The trick is only unridden deinos Attack the dragon so he will not bit or use fire. 

Yeah, it's the same principle as what I said using the Aberrant Megas.  Deinos will work as well, but Megas can have 20k hp and still have plenty left for melee.   Supposedly there's a bug where they only use their secondary attack which is like 72 damage and no scaling, but I have never witnessed it and if they are, it didn't matter.   Dragon still goes down.  I think I brought 4 Deinos last time, and the rest were Megas.   Of course I don't farm the Dragon either.  Why would you, when there are easier ways to get element?

3 hours ago, Andyk93 said:

Really appreciate the input, loads of info I can get into. I have managed to trade on my server for a 104 armour Rex saddle bp, am I in a stronger position now? The deino’s hatch at 1000 damage, 6-7k health so fully levelled with the rexes and a yuty I’m raising I should be good to go? 

That BP is good.   I would mindwipe, put all your points into craft, craft all your saddles and then respec if you can.   Try to get them as high as you can.   124 is max on official, but with that melee, even if those saddles come out at 104, you'll be in excellent shape for brood or monkey.

13 hours ago, KuriAvonA said:

hey could you put video evidence of that

https://youtu.be/AQnmQ9Cdi6g  

I upload a clip from alpha Dragon for u Deinos have all primitive saddles and random stats only the Spino rider must have good armor and medical brew against the Dimorphs.

Upload also clips from my solo fight Crystal Wyvern vs Desert Titan and Manticore SC. ( No imprint trash Wyvern)

4 hours ago, Andyk93 said:

Really appreciate the input, loads of info I can get into. I have managed to trade on my server for a 104 armour Rex saddle bp, am I in a stronger position now? The deino’s hatch at 1000 damage, 6-7k health so fully levelled with the rexes and a yuty I’m raising I should be good to go? 

On the Rex front, you are fine, but what is the saddle for the deinonychus, 50-115 or higher armour saddle is what you need for the deinonychus.

Also no mention of daeodon, get two of them, one outside the fight in a cryopod and one that goes with you to the fight.

But before you go killing bosses, you also need equipment for your self, which is here:

Couple of medbrews or meat, plus 4 canteens.

5 hours ago, theopheus said:

That BP is good.   I would mindwipe, put all your points into craft, craft all your saddles and then respec if you can.   Try to get them as high as you can.   124 is max on official, but with that melee, even if those saddles come out at 104, you'll be in excellent shape for brood or monkey.

Thanks, I’m going to try broodmother tomorrow and see how I get on

4 hours ago, KuriAvonA said:

On the Rex front, you are fine, but what is the saddle for the deinonychus, 50-115 or higher armour saddle is what you need for the deinonychus.

Also no mention of daeodon, get two of them, one outside the fight in a cryopod and one that goes with you to the fight.

But before you go killing bosses, you also need equipment for your self, which is here:

Couple of medbrews or meat, plus 4 canteens.

I will need to find another trade for a good deino saddle. I have 3 140+ kibble tamed daedon I can use but I’ll grab a few more. I’ve never seen a shotgun over 250% on official and don’t have any blueprints for good ghillie or fur. If they hurried up fixing the drops I might stand a chance. At the minute I’ve only got good flak armour 

3 hours ago, Andyk93 said:

I will need to find another trade for a good deino saddle. I have 3 140+ kibble tamed daedon I can use but I’ll grab a few more. I’ve never seen a shotgun over 250% on official and don’t have any blueprints for good ghillie or fur. If they hurried up fixing the drops I might stand a chance. At the minute I’ve only got good flak armour 

Yeah, I've got no advice on a Deino saddle.  I could tell you the best places to get a Rex saddle, but the Deino saddles are only on Valguero and the loot tables have not been put on the wiki for some reason.   They seem to only show up in regular surface drops in the northern half of the map, but that's purely anecdotal.    Most of the southern drops seem to be more SE junk and I haven't seen a Deino saddle added, nor have I seen one in the Ab drops underground.   They could possibly have added them to the Deep Sea drop table, but I've only been down through the ocean once.  It's big and pointless and takes forever to navigate.

Archived