hebivore island Best dinos to get before going to herbivore island

Billythebobjoe

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know your level in the game, but I'll try to make some suggestions.

Since it's an island, you need either a good swimmer or a flyer to get there at all.  I'd go for a flyer like an Argentavis, which can also be used to bring materials to your main base, since it has metal weight reduction. The island has several metal nods which can be an alternative and safer metal source than the mountains. Remember there are no predators here, while at mountains Allosaurus, Rexs and even Giga spawn. You can also find some silica pearls there, but those can only be collected by hand...

I'd bring an Ankylosaurus for collecting metal (level up melee), which is carryable by the Argy. You can easily pick it up and put it down and move the metal in the Argy's inventory for a faster farming (remember to level up weight in the Argy too). 

Be careful about the surronding waters, since Megalodons and Mantas can easily swarm and kill you. But this isn't really going to be a problem if you fly around! 

Maybe you can also use a strong water mount which can also go on land for easier exploring, like a Baryonyx. It's quite a strong, doesn't need to breathe underwater but it only eats fish, which is also used for fast healing.  

Archived