Which piece of a cloner needs to be in a tek generator's area?

Migol

Hoping the answer isn't "the whole thing" or "the center of the cloner".

In a nutshell in Gen2 just set up a tek generator on a 2nd floor with beds and crop fields underneath, was hoping to have the main level with the generator to have both the cloner and public use teleporter, along with a trough on the side between the two big ones.    The goal is to have it function with minimum area for the tek generator to function.

However after trying to put the cloner down in several ways next to the generator, I kept seeing it as "unpowered", and had to frantically pick it up in the 30 seconds before it was permanent.   Which, in Gen 2 with all the lag, was a bit panic attack inducing.    Is there a sweet spot to get it to powered?      Is it unpowered until it's both in the generator range AND has shards in it?      Does the generator need to encompass the center of it or the whole cloner entirely?

4 minutes ago, Migol said:

Well...crap.    Thanks for letting me know, that does make it impossible to have a single generator powering everything at minimum settings but I guess we'll just increase the area when we are cloning.

Depends how u set it up and how many things u want to power. If you put down the generator first,  then troughs around it ,  teleporter has to just have the terminal inside the bubble.  Then put a floor above the generator with the cloner.   You could fit quite a bit in that small area.  

for my hatchery,  I have 3 tek sleeping pods, 3 cryo fridges,  and 40 tek troughs all inside the smallest setting.   

Archived