Astrodelphis / Dolphin Bugs

GameFreak

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Martok73 said:

Make sure to load that mod 1st then your stack mod, in otherwords the Fix goes on top and the stack mod goes right under the fix. Reload, then get new element. Old element from the stack mod won't work for taming but will work for everything else. Must use new element or even make new from shards or dust to be able to tame.

ohhh okay. it worked. thank you :)

Similar problem, I sifted an Astrodelphis LVL 150, very good stats in weight.
I made him have a baby and at about 2 hours of his term, while I was outside, I saw a message that he was starving !! : o
The feeders were half full of meat, is there a BUG ???

There were 2 Astrodelphis in gestation, the 2nd is full food, they were side by side and very largely in the circle of the manger, almost above!

unknown.png

I have the same problem. I can just move an inch and ill lose 3000 food. This can't be right... mine was also a 150 tame but our 145 tame does the same thing.. we have a low level astrodelphis that doesn't have this problem tho so it's weird. These are not usable at all atm it's sad because they have alot of potential and are fun 

Yeah, it's just strange, the saddle says it scales, and I see people complaining about it killing high level tames in just a few shots, and I'm sitting here wondering how they're killing your 100k hp dino in a few shots when it only does 100 damage.

I know about the kill powerup buff drop, and that raises the damage of the base laser to 300, but doesn't scale the tracking shot or bomb.  300 is still a far cry from the damage output I see people claiming it's doing though.  Was just trying to find out if I'm missing something or if the complaints were extremely exaggerated.

On 6/8/2021 at 8:23 PM, Vensolin said:

Edit 2: 

Good news, I think I may have discovered a temporary fix to this glitch until it is fixed.

Here's what I did:

-Unequipped Starfighter saddle(not sure if necessary)

-Equipped Starfighter Saddle

-Without activating Starfighter mode I went to kill a wild creature on my Astrodelphis, after killing the creature grab the buff that hovers above the corpse. Possibly do this several times to grab a few buffs.

-Have your Astrodelphis eat the corpse to harvest meat to inventory

-Glitch should be fixed now

-You have to do this with each new Astrodelphis tame in order to prevent the food consumption glitch

-Keep in mind they still consume meat fast. So keep a few stacks of meat on them at all times just in case.

Good luck survivors.

I was able to get this to work, though I had to unequip and re-equip the saddle and kill things a couple times.  Thank you!

15 minutes ago, xShinde said:

I was able to get this to work, though I had to unequip and re-equip the saddle and kill things a couple times.  Thank you!

Nice, glad that we now have a solid solution to this. Not sure if this was an intentional feature though. This mount is pretty OP, killed 2 alpha raptors and 2 alpha rexes in a decent amount of time on a low level astrodelphis.  however this food consumption bug makes it hard to experience the greatness of this tame.

I thought the exact same thing, but I'm not sure this is actually the case. I think the number showing isn't the actual damage number (possibly the percentage?) and it is noticeable when it goes to 200/300 and you melt a wild high lvl bronto in a few seconds. Best to test by checking its HP first and then count how many shots it actually takes. I mean a 135 Bronto would have over 4K health and take 40+ hits if you only do 100 and I just don't feel that's the case with a say 500% melee damage Astrodelphis. 

21 hours ago, Reiv said:

Yeah, it's just strange, the saddle says it scales, and I see people complaining about it killing high level tames in just a few shots, and I'm sitting here wondering how they're killing your 100k hp dino in a few shots when it only does 100 damage.

I know about the kill powerup buff drop, and that raises the damage of the base laser to 300, but doesn't scale the tracking shot or bomb.  300 is still a far cry from the damage output I see people claiming it's doing though.  Was just trying to find out if I'm missing something or if the complaints were extremely exaggerated.

It's possible that they're confusing Mission delphis with the capabilities of tamed delphis. As with Genesis part 1, Gamma has a damage boost and Alpha has a damage reduction - so if they do a gamma/beta mission and see the delphis hitting for thousands, they might think that's how much they're suppose to do. 

2 hours ago, 3mptylord said:

It's possible that they're confusing Mission delphis with the capabilities of tamed delphis. As with Genesis part 1, Gamma has a damage boost and Alpha has a damage reduction - so if they do a gamma/beta mission and see the delphis hitting for thousands, they might think that's how much they're suppose to do. 

Nah, I've tested it pretty thoroughly since then using a combination of popup damage numbers, modded spyglasses that show hp, and using tamed dinos as target practice to confirm I'm not missing anything.

Starwing Saddle Damage numbers are fixed and do not scale with the Astrodelphis' stats.  The following numbers do not include mate boost/armor/other damage reduction effects

Rank 1 (no buff) does 100 damage per laser hit, fires 2 lasers (200 if both hit)

Rank 2 (white buff) does 200 damage per laser hit, fires 2 lasers (400 if both hit)

Rank 3 (green buff) does 300 damage per laser hit, fires 4 lasers (1200 if all hit)

"It scales with melee damage" is either straight misinformation, or it's not working as intended.

Just now, 3mptylord said:

It doesn't say that, though. It says "Adapts to match creature's strength level".

We assumed it meant max level (the same as Shadowmane): but we've tried mutating in every stat and it's not increased. 

Correct, though many assumed it meant melee damage, and that information has been repeated in a number of places and guides.  I spawned them in instead of mutating to test, and it doesn't matter if they're level 1 or level 1000.  The left click laser damage scales as stated above by the powerup buffs.  The bomb and charge shot don't scale at all.  "Adapts to match the creature's strength level" seems to be flavor text.

Good news, I think I may have discovered a temporary fix to this glitch until it is fixed.

Here's what I did:

-Unequipped Starfighter saddle(not sure if necessary)

-Equipped Starfighter Saddle

-Without activating Starfighter mode I went to kill a wild creature on my Astrodelphis, after killing the creature grab the buff that hovers above the corpse. Possibly do this several times to grab a few buffs.

-Have your Astrodelphis eat the corpse to harvest meat to inventory

-Glitch should be fixed now

-You have to do this with each new Astrodelphis tame in order to prevent the food consumption glitch

-Keep in mind they still consume meat fast. So keep a few stacks of meat on them at all times just in case.

Good luck survivors.

8 minutes ago, Cyclops said:

Same Problem I moved 15 feet in my base (not in starfighter mode) and food dropped from 10000 to 3500 in 1 second.

COMPLETELY BUGGED.    Have to keep them podded till it's fixed

Have you tried killing a wild dino outside of starfighter mode and picking up the buff that hovers above the corpse?

30 minutes ago, Cyclops said:

Took off saddle, equipped saddle and went outside (not in starfighter mode) and killed a couple wild dinos.   It showed a couple buffs in bottom right corner.    Food immediately dropped 40% in 1 second.

Unless I have to pick up buff not dino?

The thing that fixed the glitch on 2 of my astrodelphis tames was picking up the glowing buff that appears after killing a wild dino while mounted on the astro. The buff stacks as well, try to pick enough up to get the max buff time?

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Astrodelphis / Dolphin Bugs

Archived