Astrodelphis / Dolphin Bugs

GameFreak

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping it's bugged.

The drain only seems to happen fast when you are riding the dolphin and using shift. Versus starfighter mode, which uses element as fuel, doesn't use any food at all.

If intentional, it may be trying to force their use as an element-fueled fighter only. If you don't have element, you can't use them.

Yes! My tribemate and I tamed 2 Astrodelphis yesterday. Immediately their hunger bar plummeted after we pulled them out of a cryopod. (Unsure if it was depleted before hand or not. Not sure if it is caused by the cryopod.) 

After they filled up to 100% food it seemed to be fine with it depleting at a normal-ish level (still a little fast). When we got off for the night with our troughs completely full of meat, we got on the next morning (6 hours later) and both of them had starved to death in our tribe log. 

I've seen reports saying that the tek saddle prevents this but I don't know if that is true. And if it is, we are only level 70 and can't have the saddle yet. Wildcard needs to look into this. 

We spent a good hour on our boosted server to tame 2 level 150s.  Hope this gets resolved soon.

My tribemate and I spent an hour each taming level 150 astrodelphis in the astral biome last night and once tamed their food bar would endlessly decline. When we first tamed them we cryopodded them and brought them home, after unpodding them their hunger was reduced to 0 and would constantly eat. Once the filled back up again they seemed to be fine, and their food bar seemed to decrease at a normal level. 

However, it would occur again where both the Astrodelphis would begin to eat endlessly. I'm talking 4k food going down to 0 in minutes or sometimes instantly. They would eat hundreds of meat and still starve. We tried to cryo them again to see if it would fix it but it didn't. Eventually we had to log off for the night, but filled our troughs to the brim with meat hoping they would be fine. When we got on (6 hours later) it was discovered that both of them had starved to death during the night. 

I've read reports where people encountered this problem until they put the tek saddle on it, but if they were to turn the saddle off it would reset their food bar back to 0. 

Not sure if this was an issue caused by Cryopodding it or an issue that occurs only when the Astrodelphis didn't have a saddle. We were level 70 at the time so were unable to test the saddles for ourselves.

Hope this gets addressed soon. Have anyone else encountered this? I've only read a few reports. 

Having the same issue. Found a tek saddle in a drop so i went and tamed one. If it is not constantly killing parasaurs or something for meat it starves. The second you press Ctrl and put it into jet mode its food goes to zero. It is at this point completely useless as flying it for just a few seconds causes it to start dying from starvation.

• MetaEno changed the title to Astrodelphis food bug kills tame

Put together a Tropeognathus that is already fast, slippery, and hard to catch, with half render range lasers that kill riders off tames, and high dmg reduction abilities boosted by saddle armor and imprints. Even manas were not this broken early on in the first week of their DLC release. Now manas are totally useless against them, and wyverns get shredded as well. They have just taken over open world pvp

First, their laser range is too high, second, they shouldn't shoot riders off tames so easily. Manas can be countered by a set of measures like flashbangs, traps and stamina limitations. Wyverns have low dmg reduction, which can be gunned down. The dolphin essentially has none of these weaknesses, combined with its ranged attacks it is currently the most unbalanced pvp dino you can have outside. Once hp breeding starts they will be basically unkillable until their element runs out, or another dolphin challenges it. 

This seems to be a bug.

Make sure to have at least a few stacks of meat in its inventory at all times, immediatelyafter you tame it is necessary as well. The food also does not drain while Starfighter mode is activated.

Edit:

Definitely a really annoying bug. I managed to fix the bug on one of my astrodelphis, I'm not sure how it was fixed but I recently lost that tame to a glitch in the asteroid biome (tame randomly disappeared). RIP Belle Delphis :c

After taming a third astrodelphis I notice that this glitch remains and can quickly kill your tame.

Even having a full inventory of meat, the food bar seems to instantly deplete if the astrodelphis is not in Starfighter mode. Glitch is activated once "Sprint/run" mode is toggled outside of Starfighter mode.

Edit 2: 

Good news, I think I may have discovered a temporary fix to this glitch until it is fixed.

Here's what I did:

-Unequipped Starfighter saddle(not sure if necessary)

-Equipped Starfighter Saddle

-Without activating Starfighter mode I went to kill a wild creature on my Astrodelphis, after killing the creature grab the buff that hovers above the corpse. Possibly do this several times to grab a few buffs.

-Have your Astrodelphis eat the corpse to harvest meat to inventory

-Glitch should be fixed now

-You have to do this with each new Astrodelphis tame in order to prevent the food consumption glitch

-Keep in mind they still consume meat fast. So keep a few stacks of meat on them at all times just in case.

Good luck survivors.

Not a pvp player, but any flyer with ranged weapons pose a threat to a golem or yut, since you know... they are stuck on the ground, out of range... Doesn't really matter is it takes 1 shot or 100. It's gonna die anyways. Also nothing stopping you from getting one yourself.

Rather you should be happy, this way the emotional pain you'll feel will be a minimum. Your dinos will die quick and relative painless, and you won't run around in a panic wondering what to do during the hypothetical 100 shots, crying as your dinos are slowly dying in agony....

:P

Make sure to load that mod 1st then your stack mod, in otherwords the Fix goes on top and the stack mod goes right under the fix. Reload, then get new element. Old element from the stack mod won't work for taming but will work for everything else. Must use new element or even make new from shards or dust to be able to tame.

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Astrodelphis / Dolphin Bugs

Archived