Did You Test Your Own Missions? Desync/Bugs/Impossible

jetleo1111

On life support mission with a 145 tamed r megatherium, server crashed and dino and gear were deleted. No death in tribe chat, for me or sloth, just prompted to spawn at a bed upon loading in although i had not died within the past hour and server roll back was less than 20 minutes. Went back into mission and no bag or creature

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah yes, I lost a 225 reaper in code red mission, it was completed, went out of the mission, flew around in the skiff, put my reaper to heal... Crashed, when it came back it asked me to spawn, and my reaper is nowhere to be found, also the tek rifle, 80 element, top riot piece and a few other things... But the reaper man, it hurt me

Hey.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of including missions to Genesis Part 1 and Part 2, but seriously, did you ever played your own missions before you launched the Map? And if you did, what the hell did you think while including a Tame which requires ALL missions on Alpha on highest difficulty AND a boss which requires all missions on Alpha if you want to beat him all the way? "They'll manage it somehow even if we can't"?

Let me explain. There are some missions that are enjoyable and easy to do on every difficulty such as killing the Ferox, Shadowmane, Velonasaur, etc. Even Survive the Ark and Life Support seem to be quite balanced, fun and challenging. On the side of the races we have Slide and Glide which is fun an possible to do. For some of us even Circuit Chase (Was it called like that? The one with the Enforcer) is do-able (Not for me tho, didn't even got it on Gamma). But -and here it is, the BIG BUT - how the hell shall we beat the Torpor-Missions on Alpha when they're gaining less than 50 Torpor per shot? The Canoe-Races (Solo and Team) while we're glitching through the map, flying in the air (while our hitbox seems to be on the ground), porting back and forth, getting stuck on nothing and destroying our boat with one bump on a stone while the timer doesn't allow us to make 1 mistake? Code-Red with a mutated Giga which applies bleed Dmg over 9000?  Choose your own Adventure where you have to remember the colors while getting bitten and pushed around every second step by a VR-Creature? Star Dolphin which scales SO HARD when you're doing it with more than two people that you can't even do it on Gamma 'cause the Astrocetus gets killed mostly at second phase ? (Don't want to imagine how hard it gets on Alpha solo, when it's close to impossible on Solo Beta 'cause of the meteorite spam and I don't want to talk about the control of the Astrodelphis which is just disgusting on such a course). 

Me and some friends tried every single mission, solo and in team, and we got so frustrated and triggered by the above that we declared them as "impossible for us to do" so we will never be able to enjoy a max Level Stryder or the "ultimate End Boss" on Alpha. We tried everything. We had high-tier gear, good and imprinted tames (where we could take tames with us), more than enough Darts/Element Shards for the Torpor-Missions and we still couldn't manage to do it in time or before the footprints ran out or our gear got absolutely destroyed or our tames got absolutely destroyed. We're casual players. We all have our strengths and weaknesses, so some missions are easier and some are harder for single players in our group. We can't do them all solo, but neither can we do them all in team. "Just improve your skill" is easy to say, but did you ever played a game that you didn't enjoy just to "improve your skill"? No? Yeah, we neither. So I beg you to give us a solution here. For example lower the needed missions for a max level Stryder/the Boss, so we can decide which missions are possible for us to do and which we can leave out. Fix the glitches and bugs and desync on the Canoe-Races. Balance the missions. Give us SOMETHING we can work with. I would even earn 300-500k Hexagons and pay for the completion of some of the Alpha missions. But I don't want to have paid for content that is locked for me just because I'm "not good enough" or because it's bugged. 

Enough "Mimimi" for now. Hopefully everything I wrote is somewhat understandable, I'm not a native speaker. 

With best regards,

Yelanha

P.S.: Besides the missions Gen2 is a wonderful map and I'm really happy while playing on it, good job <3

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Gen 2 Missions Crashing Servers
  • Joebl0w13 changed the title to Did You Test Your Own Missions? Desync/Bugs/Impossible
1 hour ago, JRDzinn said:

I can't finish the team downriver run mission, I get stuck at the 4th checkpoint right at the fall of the waterfall, the canoe just doesn't fall, it gets stuck in the air, someone else had this problem, please fix it

i had same thing if u go as far right as you can you can make it same if you go to the left side of rock iv got gamma beta and alhpa done today after about 15 gos on alpha

On 6/8/2021 at 1:45 PM, dv8ndie said:

On Unofficial server with 12x mating interval rate.  The Maewing Poach Boost, Mating Interval Decrease, is causing our Dinos to not have mating intervals.  This is causing the Maewings to constantly lay eggs, hatch, and eventually crash our server.

On 6/9/2021 at 2:30 PM, weirdolpommy said:

I've been having the exact same problem. We have a different rate of breeding, (10x) and when the missions starts all dino's regardless of breed will have 0 cooldown on breeding. This can be sorted by restarting the server which sets them back to the normal rate.

Any ideas with disabling the mission/ a potential fix?

On 6/11/2021 at 12:31 AM, Niki84 said:

Same issue here, all dinos are mating constantly

Add bEnableWorldBuffScaling=true to your Game.ini config for Gen2. Will change additive to multiplicitive.

Same issue here, "Slide and Glide" is my absolute favorite mission, super fun to play, but we can't imprint any dinos during the time of the buff.

Glad you mentioned the cheat, I usually restarted the server to get rid of the buff 😅

I've read somewhere that this is an issue with the server-settings, whenever the imprint or baby-growth isn't set to the default 1.0 - I guess that's the case for you aswell?

• 2 weeks later...

Still no sign that we some time will be able to defeat the boss or tame Stryders without having to cheat... (which is ironic, 'cause on official you can't cheat)... And more and more streamers who are cursing over those missions and how unfair it is that you need to do them or otherwise you can't have the content you've paid for. It's sad. Genesis 2 is such a beautiful map and seems like to make your survival life much easier after you defeated so much maps, but on the other hand it's more frustrating than any other map only because missions aren't optional. Is that how you want to "end" you journey? Really Wildcard?

Btw are canoe missions getting fixed or?
They are really inconsistent. Sometimes you take no damage and sometimes you get instant killed without actually touching anything.
The Alpha Down River Run solo is actually impossible, saw one person on whole server do it, and he did it like 30-50 tries? I get it Alpha should be hard, but not impossible.

Main mission bugs: 

- Velo hunt last stage dinos spawn and get pushed under the map making it impossible to complete the mission

- Net gun in missions not reloading at all after firing it once making it impossible to complete the mission

- Raft mission touching certain stones instantly ends the mission for me even with 100% canue health

God I hate the missions so much. Did the boss on Gamma 2d ago and it was such a pain in the ass to to every gamma mission solo. 

Some of the missions are quite fun. The Maewing gliding one and the Tek sail one I enjoyed. The mission where you kill the Master Controller in space was pretty cool too. Others were alright, like the canoe ones.

And then there are the ones that are an exercise in frustration, especially if I'm trying them by myself (which is most of the time). Even on gamma the torpor missions are a royal pain (and I completed most of the Gen1 hunt missions on beta and alpha). And the one where you have to remember all the colors is impossible. Whose brain can store all that information while fighting? Maybe I'll get one of my kids to sit next to me and count the kills.

In any event, I've done enough missions for an alright Stryder (a nice addition to the game for big-base builders like me), and that's about as far as I plan to go. When we do the boss fight, we'll most likely be getting there through server commands, because I don't see me and my tribemates ever finishing all the missions.

Archived