Jump to content

Singleplayer saving crashes the game


Recommended Posts

As someone who only plays single player, I often use the "saveworld" admin command to make sure that I don't lose tons of progress in the event of a crash. Recently, and I haven't tested this on other maps, on Genesis Part II this command has actually started to make the game crash itself, causing lost progress. This happened yesterday and it must have autosaved in the middle of a mission or something because I loaded the world back up and had to respawn, having lost all of my good gear that I had got.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having this exact same issue but on the PS4. Saving appears very temperamental and usually I notice this happening after around 30-45mins of gameplay. Crashes seem to occur during auto-save and via admin command. Also to add further info, this bug also occurs when travelling into other biomes. Space, Ocean, Eden and Rockwell biome entryways occasionally trigger this crash. 

One workaround seems to be to exit the game in a safe place after reaching certain "landmark" objectives. If I enter Rockwell biome from Eden, I exit and reload as the save upon exit appears more stable. These crashes also appear more frequent if playing split screen and my workaround so far has been to get to an intended biome with player one, log player 2 in so the tether ports them to me and then exit and reload.

 

Other than that, the usual crash upon save occurs at around the same pace of 30-45mins of splitscreen gameplay. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Airo1988 said:

I'm having this exact same issue but on the PS4. Saving appears very temperamental and usually I notice this happening after around 30-45mins of gameplay. Crashes seem to occur during auto-save and via admin command. Also to add further info, this bug also occurs when travelling into other biomes. Space, Ocean, Eden and Rockwell biome entryways occasionally trigger this crash. 

One workaround seems to be to exit the game in a safe place after reaching certain "landmark" objectives. If I enter Rockwell biome from Eden, I exit and reload as the save upon exit appears more stable. These crashes also appear more frequent if playing split screen and my workaround so far has been to get to an intended biome with player one, log player 2 in so the tether ports them to me and then exit and reload.

 

Other than that, the usual crash upon save occurs at around the same pace of 30-45mins of splitscreen gameplay. 

Yeah, I've been having to leave the game to save. It's more of a convenience to use the command - I initially started using it on Extinction so that I could save without losing OSDs, and just to save time in general. Glad to hear it's not just me having this issue!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Volunteer Moderator
On 6/14/2021 at 3:49 AM, alexcape19 said:

As someone who only plays single player, I often use the "saveworld" admin command to make sure that I don't lose tons of progress in the event of a crash. Recently, and I haven't tested this on other maps, on Genesis Part II this command has actually started to make the game crash itself, causing lost progress. This happened yesterday and it must have autosaved in the middle of a mission or something because I loaded the world back up and had to respawn, having lost all of my good gear that I had got.

Try the following one instead:

saveworlddisabletransfer

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Volunteer Moderator
Just now, alexcape19 said:

Ah thank you! What does it do differently?

Same as the other, except it also disable all uploads/downloads of characters, items and dinos until the next reboot. Not sure if it will not crash, because that crash isn't reproducible on PC, but it is possible there is an issue with the others because transfers are enabled so worth a try.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Same as the other, except it also disable all uploads/downloads of characters, items and dinos until the next reboot. Not sure if it will not crash, because that crash isn't reproducible on PC, but it is possible there is an issue with the others because transfers are enabled so worth a try.

Thank you, I'll certainly try that! :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...