guide What is the official ARK site to view the commands and the guide of the game?

JorgeDavidPro

I have seen many things on the internet about ARK, but I would like to know which is the official site to see the commands that the game has. I also want to know the official guide of the game to enjoy the original experience as Wildcard has planned. So far I have not found official content by Wildcard that is not made by the community. I have this question about how the first players knew the commands if I can't find this on the official site.

7 hours ago, JorgeDavidPro said:

I have seen many things on the internet about ARK, but I would like to know which is the official site to see the commands that the game has. I also want to know the official guide of the game to enjoy the original experience as Wildcard has planned. So far I have not found official content by Wildcard that is not made by the community. I have this question about how the first players knew the commands if I can't find this on the official site.

The wiki is the closest thing you're going to get to being official, and the wiki contains the information you're looking for about the commands. I assume you're looking for the "console commands", which only work if you have administrative access to the game, like if you're playing in single-player, hosting a non-dedicated session or you have admin access to a dedicated server.

The players knew the commands because:

WildCard shared that information with the community during testing, they announced many of the commands in the patch notes as the game has progresses, and they published a dev kit that anyone can download and extract information from. WildCard also, as far as I know, tries to keep the volunteers that run the wiki informed about game changes so they can keep the wiki updated. And even when WC doesn't share information there are a bunch of people in the community who are good at figuring out how the game works and they share that information - like the wiki, dododex, and others.

As far as the "original experience as Wildcard has planned", that's really not a thing. There is no specific experience that WildCard planned for anyone other than playing the game on the Official servers. This isn't like World of Warcraft, it's not a quest-based game and they don't provide you with specific plans that you're supposed to follow. It's a sandbox game, which pretty much means you play it however you want to. The very fact that there are multiple ways to play this game (Official, Unofficial, single-player, non-dedicated server, dedicated server) should tell you that they designed this game to be played many different ways. The only thing WildCard really cares about is selling you a copy of the game, after that it's up to you how you want to play it.

Archived