Simple Spawners added to Console

DravenBaron

Suggestion

I think this mod would be a must have for server owners, Simple Spawners would allow server owners to fully customize there maps.
I have used this hundreds of times on PC and think it would be a great addition to Consoles

This mod:
- Adds creature spawners that spawn creatures (including modded ones!) in an area, or globally!
- Adds placeable nests that will spawn eggs or babies from any nearby creatures.
- Adds a loot spawner that spawn any Beacons, Loot Crates, OSDs, or Element Nodes you want in an area, or globally!
- Adds a resource spawner that can spawn harvestable trees, rocks, bushes, etc. in an area, or globally!
- Adds a Creature Summoner, which allows players to exchange items in order to summon creatures or loot crates.
- Adds a gun that can send commands to the spawners, and copy settings between spawners.
- Adds structures you can place anywhere: Charge Node, Wild Plant Species Z, Gas Vein, Water Vein, Oil Vein, Obelisk Terminal, and City Terminal.
- Adds a No Build Zone, which prevents anyone from building in an area.
- Adds a Radiation Zone, which makes an area radiated like in Aberration.
- Adds a Prevention Zone, which has options to prevent the following within the zone: Flying, Grappling Hooks, Cryopod Deployment, Damage to Structures, PvP Damage to Players/Creatures.
- Includes a User Interface to locate and manage spawners and structures in this mod.

Mod Id: 1295978823
Mod is clean and stackable.

Other Info
- Works on ANY map!
- All of the items in this mod are optional. For example: if you only want to set up a unicorn spawn in an area all you need to do is place one "Creature Spawner".
- The spawners have almost any option you could ask for.
- Any items you want to use in this mod must be spawned in and set up by a server admin by entering the Simple Spawners Menu.
- The spawners are invisible to anyone that does not have the simple spawners buff, which is given to you when you enter the Simple Spawners menu.
- Shift F10 will bring the Simple Spawners Menu back up if you still have the Buff.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1295978823

1 reply to this server topic

Simple Spawners would be a game changer to the Console Systems method of play. 

I have run a server cluster for a few years now that start out as a Crossplay cluster. The players often wanted to try the other maps so we would typically "live" on Ragnarok, and then open the other maps in turn to allow for the players to explore and tame on them. 

This gave them the opportunity to catch the creatures that weren't available on Ragnarok and harvest the resources they needed while it was up as well. 

The inclusion of Gacha's with the release of Extinction did help a bit, as you could tame/breed them until they dropped the resources you wished, but they didn't help with the creature spawns. 

Now I did learn early how to adjust the Game.ini file so that some of the tameable creatures could drop on the other maps, but that only worked for some. Those that had nest spawns/unique spawns were stuck where they were unless the map came up or I had been willing to gift them or exchange them for other items.  It also didn't help much with other items that the maps had that couldn't be spawned in as easily such as element veins or OSD's. 

And simple spawners would change all that. 

I am not sure how the background coding would work, or if it is even feasible, but I think it would be a good option if it is a possibility. 

Archived