Mutagel no longer useable to mutate dinos

temporeeoacountio

Since the last patch mutagel cannot be used to mutate a dino. Instead it requires mutagen, and in the same quantity that it use to require mutagel. This makes mutating dinos require a great deal more grinding then it did before. Is this a bug or was this an intended nerf? This change wasn't listed in the patch notes.

Everyone you saw on youtube didn't think to put gel in the animal's inventory then because until this recent patch I have been using gel instead of mutagen. I never tried using mutagen until now as ~100 gel to mutate a creature was easy to farm. I'm guessing it wasn't meant to be that way but any tribes on official that caught on to that early got a massive head start.

not surprised they patched it, on gen1 it was the same with ferox you could tranq and tame with berries, didn't take long for them to patch it, that is why when i learn about the mutagel trick i did my 2 190 tock drake did some mantis as well and the first maewing and rex i tamed on gen 2.

imagine now the grinding to get 80 to 100 mutagen for the same purpose.

maybe with a stryder it is doable

12 hours ago, L4D2 said:

not surprised they patched it, on gen1 it was the same with ferox you could tranq and tame with berries, didn't take long for them to patch it, that is why when i learn about the mutagel trick i did my 2 190 tock drake did some mantis as well and the first maewing and rex i tamed on gen 2.

imagine now the grinding to get 80 to 100 mutagen for the same purpose.

maybe with a stryder it is doable

That seems reasonable to me. Base tame mutation like that would seem to be the kind of enhanced end game I would expect, requiring the use of the new high gathering tame to really break into.

I play PVE, where there is no such thing as competition. This kind of correction doesn't effect our lot. I would think, even in PvP ... it isn't a huge jump in power, as they would still have to take a few months to breed up those enhanced lines to be competitive with any existing Top Stat battle tames. 

• 1 month later...

Archived