Make Tek Stryders Cryopodable

MIracolix87

Suggestion

9 replies to this server topic

On 8/22/2021 at 11:54 PM, Yeaboiikyle said:

Can we at least let harvester ones be cryoable not everyone can just drop tps everywhere and I find my self in so many situations of certain death 

For protecting a Stryder you can use any kind of Dino you like, so this is no reason to make it completely overpowered. I walk reasonable distances with giga's and Stryder following, still worth the time saved compared to the good old metal runs with argy's.
Stryders as harvesters are near overpowered already, with multiple Stryders you can even jump beds by transmitter with inventory. Making them podable would be like a podable base. The direct link to a dedicated storage make you can nearly unlimited harvest a soecific resource.

like the title said:

can we get the option to pod Stryders?! the situation on gen2 servers is the same as we had before pods came out & the tame limit was ruin the playability!

these days no1 can use/build on platforms atall on Gen2, since there are "tooo many on the ark" thx to ppl stacking PLENTY unused ones in bases everywhere -.-

peace

mho

The cryopod feature should be enabled for Stryders. That's what this post supports and there are  a lot of people that want that. 

Pros:

Smaller tribes that choose to utilize stryders can transport them around the map to locations faster.  ( If you have had the opportunity not used a stryder you should know that they are massive and amongst the slowest tames on ark along side the paraceratherium and astrocetus. )

Cons:

Stryders can me tamed and stored in mass like any other tame.

Disabling the cryo feature for strders does not add anything to the game. (I will acknowledge  the sense of value it ingrains you with  for the stryder)

On 6/12/2021 at 10:47 AM, JerseyPirates said:

I think that's the point. They make havesting so much easier so it only makes sense that there is a drawback to having a bunch. 🤷 At least that would be my best guess.

but that's a draw back for the whole server, one that doesn't allow new people to get in on the game... not a good design imhop

Most likely because they would have to revamp the pod system.   The strider has a built in transmitter and tek sleeping pod,  but they are put there using the platform system to allow structures on it.  The pods only allow the Dino and a saddle to go into the pod,  the striders would need to also take the sleeping pod and transmitter as well and the podding system can’t handle that.  They change it and there could be all sorts of odd implications.

Archived